InuYasha Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ The Jewel, The Priest and The Dragon Slave ❯ A Mazuko in Feudal Japan ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:

kissy_moonlight: *cracks knuckles* Well, I am back with another fanfic about our favorite Hanyou,… InuYasha. And his friends of course but, I decided to throw in a dash of Slayers into the mix….

InuYasha: *growls menacingly at kissy_moonlight* What's the big idea bringing that hot-head to my time? She nearly blasted me to the seven hells!! *crossing his arms he glares fiercely down at kissy-moonlight*

kissy_moonlight: *laughs nervously* Oh…uh…hi InuYasha,…uh f-fancy meeting you here!

InuYasha: Don't give me that innocent act! You know what you have to say, now say it!!

kissy_moonlight: NO! You can't make me….*watches as he slowly starts to crack his own knuckles threateningly* …okay, okay I'll say it! *sighs then mumbles under her breath* You big bully!

InuYasha: Say it or this thing gets it! *he says as he holds up the plushie InuYasha doll that kissy_moonlight loves*

Kissy_moonlight: *gasp* You wouldn't!! *Inuyasha's claws inch closer to the doll* AHH okay….I don't own InuYasha, *sniff* can I have it back now?

The Jewel, The Priest and The Dragon Slave!

Chapter 1

The morning was bright and InuYasha was just enjoying the quietness of the day. InuYasha smiled to himself as he thought, `I will have Kagome all to myself for a whole two months!' Sango along with Kirara and Shippo, had taken off on a journey to a village a great distance away. Miroku had decided to tag along, which was the reason that Sango had had the good sense to bring along the Fox Kit as her buffer against the Hentai. InuYasha scowled at the memory of the Houshi's last words, "Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" He had laughed mockingly as he threw InuYasha a sly look. Clenching his fist, the Hanyou growled softly as he thought of what he would do to that Houshi when he dared show his face again.

While the Hanyou sat in his tree contemplating many tortures to inflict upon the Houshi, he heard a disembodied voice scream out, "XELLOS!" Before the confused Hanyou could even think about jumping to safety, two bodies crashed against him causing the branch he was on to let out a deafening crack. That was all that was heard before the branch gave way and sent InuYasha and the strangers plummeting to earth. When InuYasha finally smashed into the ground he had enough sense left to roll away as the other two people landed in the place he had just moved from. Glancing over at the strangely dressed people, he leapt to his feet frantically searching for Kagome who was most likely attracted to the area by the loud crash only moments before. Locating her, he leapt to her side warily watching the figures on the ground ready to attack if they showed any signs of aggression.

Lina Inverse slowly untangled herself from Gourry who had landed on her when they had made contact with the ground. Shoving her bangs roughly away from her eyes she glared skyward, "Xellos! Where are you Xellos?" When he appeared right beside her and assisted her to her feet she smiled sweetly at him before lunging forward and capturing him in a headlock.

"Ouch! Uh is something wrong Lina?" He choked out innocently before another bought of choking ensued.

"Oh no, you are not gonna pull that innocent act with me Xellos! I have known you too long for that to work anymore, not that it ever did!" The flame haired girl yelled while trying to turn Xellos into jelly.

"Uh Lina, I don't think this is the time to kill me just yet. Let us first introduce ourselves to our audience." Xellos whiningly said. Lina abruptly released him and watched as he crawled to safety behind Gourry who had just now awakened.

"I will deal with you later Xellos!" She fumed one last time watching his smug smile grow larger as he nodded his head in mock resignation. Lina turned her attention from her companions to the two people watching the whole scene with guarded eyes. Lina studied the tall man with silver hair and what looked like dog-ears on his head. He looked as if any wrong move would cause him to attack, and he kept trying to keep the girl with him to stay behind him. She of course was having none of it as she finally managed to stand beside him and bowed low in Lina's direction. Lina noticed her clothes were different than the dog man's and wondered about that for a second before returning the girls bow.

Kagome watched as the girl in front of her did an awkward bow as if it were new to her. Kagome was still laughing inside at what had occurred between what she guessed were really good friends. "Hi, my name is Kagome and he…." Kagome pointed to the pouting Hanyou, " is InuYasha."

"Feh!" InuYasha straightened and roughly crossed his arms turning his head away while still watching every move the strangers made. He paid special attention to the tall blonde man who carried a sword at his side, not liking the way he was staring at Kagome.

Lina nodded her head at InuYasha who just ignored her and proceeded to introduce her companions. "I am Lina Inverse," she began then jabbed a finger towards the two guys and finished, "They are Gourry and Xellos."

Xellos bowed low as he extended a hand towards Kagome slyly watching for a reaction from the demon at her side. "It is an honor to meet you Kagome-sama!" Xellos gushed as a becoming blush covered the lovely face in front of him. Hearing a growl Xellos smirked wickedly as he lowered his head to kiss Kagome's hand. Backing away he then smiled mockingly at the Hanyou who glared at him with murder in his eyes. InuYasha upon seeing the smug smile of what he considered competition, reached for his sword while starting forward menacingly. He didn't even take two steps when he was suddenly plummeting once again into the ground but this time by Kagome who was glaring at him for being so rude.

Lina watched warily as the hanyou lead the girl to the side and began whispering heatedly to her. Shrugging indifferently she swung around to her companions since she knew Xellos had to be somewhere nearby, even though he was nowhere to be seen. Gourry on the other hand for once, was looking very serious. His right hand was clasping the hilt of Gorun Nova while watching InuYasha with a strange look in his eyes. Lina walked over casually and slapped the swordsman hard on the back sending him reeling forward before he turned to look at her questioningly. The sorceress cocked a thumb in the direction he had previously been looking at and asked, "What's the deal Gourry? What's the weird look for?"

Gourry shrugged and motioned for Lina to stay quiet while he slowly inched his way over to the unsuspecting hanyou. Lina raised her brow in inquiry but kept her silence, as she watched the drama unfold before her. When Gourry was as close to the demon as he deemed safe he slowly reached out his hands cautiously, flinching at every sound. Then when he reached his destination he clasped his hands around the furry ears, which sat atop the head of the creature before him. Before it could react he gave them a quick jerk before leaping back several feet as the demon spun around shouting in outrage at the blonde man before him.

Scowling InuYasha rubbed the offended ears as he watched in frustration as the blonde swordsman leaned down to his short companion and whisper, "Lina,…they're real!!"

Lina straightened with interest and replied out loud in an excited voice, "Really?!?!?"

When she showed signs of moving forward Gourry clasped her arms in a restraining grip while saying, "Um, now might not be the time to investigate things further." as the growl from the dogboy reached their ears.

InuYasha watched them warily to make sure they didn't make any move towards him then he felt a feeling of hands on his ears once more. Yelping in surprise he spun around but saw no one behind him, he scratched his head in confusion then he felt the hands again and yelled out, "What the hell, I warned you…." He had turned around expecting to find the little girl behind him but all he saw was thin air. Looking around he noticed the strangers still at the same distance from him. He then suspiciously looked at Kagome beside him who was trying to keep from laughing while staring at something above his head. InuYasha glanced up expecting the worst and noticed the crazy houshi he had met earlier floating only inches from his face. The hanyou stumbled back away from where Xellos floated while he drew Tetsusaiga and was about to use the Wind Scar, when the houshi just disappeared from sight.

"InuYasha he was only playing around with you, so don't try to kill him, he is our guest after all!" Kagome called to the frantic Hanyou who was searching the sky angrily while grumbling something to himself. "InuYasha I think we could help them out. If they join us we could try to help them get back to their world!"

"Nothin' doin, Kagome, we already have too many people in our group already. What with the shrimp, that Hentai, and Sango we don't need to add to it! Besides what help would this flat-chested girl be to us?" InuYasha lowered his voice a little, "Besides we know nothing about them they could be goons sent by Naraku." He finished with disgust missing the enraged look in Lina's eyes.

Gourry recognizing that look, and slapped his forehead while saying, "Um, I wish you hadn't said that!" Gourry slowly backed away from his enraged friend, then turned and hid behind a boulder that was conveniently nearby.

Lina, infuriated by the mutt's insult, clenched her teeth as she heard what was said next. She heard Kagome gasp in outrage on her behalf before turning on the demon at her side, "InuYasha that is not a very nice thing to say to a guest,…"

"I didn't say it to her, it's her fault if she just happened to overhear me." InuYasha interrupted. Before crossing his arms and glaring down at his raven-haired companion.

"I still think you need to apologize to Lina for your rude and disrespectful behavior." Kagome said glaring back at InuYasha savagely.

InuYasha scoffed before turning his back on everyone, and mumbled just loud enough for the group to hear, "I don't think I should apologize for something that is true!"

That was the last straw, Lina started chanting to herself really quickly and Kagome watched in awe as a bright light formed in the palm of Lina's hand. Before she could think to warn InuYasha of his impending doom, she felt unfamiliar arms wrap around her waist and the next thing she knew she was kneeling beside the blonde swordsman. Kagome glanced over her shoulder to see the purple-haired Houshi sitting on the ground behind her. "Don't wanna see you get killed for trying to help your hardheaded friend see reason." He said while giving her a charming smile.

InuYasha spun around searching franticly for Kagome. Her scent had vanished and when he had looked to where she had last been he noticed she too was gone, he panicked. In his search of the area he finally noticed the little girl was whispering something even his keen ears couldn't hear. InuYasha jumped to the conclusion that she had something to do with his Kagome's disappearance, so he swiftly unsheathed Tetsusaiga and prepared to fight. Finally noticing the light forming in Lina's hand InuYasha lowered his sword in confusion, "What are you some kind of demon? If so you are the weirdest demon I have ever encountered,…besides you don't smell demon!"

Lina, thinking the mutt was insulting her more she released her spell by saying the last words, "FIREBALL!!" sending it aimed straight for InuYasha. The hanyou leapt to safety nearly getting hit by the blast then raising his Tetsusaiga he growled deep in his throat.

"What the hell was that?" He demanded brusquely glaring at the flame-haired girl. She glared back furiously before sending another fireball his way, he deflected it with the sword then attempted to sniff out the Wind Scar. `What's wrong? Why can't I sense the Wind Scar! Is she human or demon? With Kanna I couldn't sense her either but I could at least do this attack to her!' InuYasha thought to himself before deflecting another attack.

Kagome finally rips away from the strange Houshi and starts to run to InuYasha calling for him to stop, but before she can get too far the blonde swordsman grabs her and pulls her back behind the rock. "I wouldn't go out there if I were you Lina in really sensitive about her appearance!" Gourry said with a worn expression.

Kagome turns to him and replies, "But InuYasha really didn't mean anything by it that is just his way! You should see how he treats his best friend Miroku! He is one to show a hard exterior when he is actually nice on the inside! And, besides, I have to stop this before the villagers get scared at all the commotion!" Standing up straight Kagome walks out from behind the rock. Moving forward towards the battle raging just a couple feet in front of her.

InuYasha, seeing that he was getting nowhere with his sword sheathed it, then prepares to use his other attacks. "Iron Reaver Soul Stealer" He intones as he sends of blades of light towards the sorceress before him. He noticed the ease in which she dodged it, then he ducked as she sent off what she had called `Elmekia Lance.' Noticing movement from the corner of his eye he finally saw Kagome striding confidently over to his side. She glanced nervously at Lina who upon seeing Kagome had ceased her attach.

Kagome looked back up at InuYasha and whispered for only him to hear, "Please InuYasha, please apologize! It would mean a lot to me." She finished gazing into his golden eyes watching as they begin to soften.

InuYasha glanced over Kagome to make sure she was unharmed before sighing in resignation, "Alright, Kagome!" Turning his attention back to his recent opponent he bowed stiffly before calling out, "I apologize to you Lina, you're really not that ugly after all." He finished lamely. Blushing slightly he turned and leapt back into the tree to the limb above the now broken one. Crossing his arms, he proceeded to sulk.

Kagome watched InuYasha sulk for awhile before turning back to her guests, just in time to hear Lina growling, "Who are you callin' ugly dog boy?"

Leaning forward on the branch InuYasha shouted as he tried to push his sleeves up, "Dog boy!? No one calls me dog boy and lives!"

Gourry leapt forward just in time to prevent the battle from begining again. "Lina calm down, he still apologized! Just let it go, he is a very proud demon! He won't back down gracefully!" Gourry murmured to his angry companion. Lina sent one last searing glare at the mutt before turning her back on him and crossing her arms.

Kagome glared up at Inuyasha who gave her a look that said `what? I did appologize!' turning back to the group before her she said, "Please, you are all welcome to stay with our group until you find your way back home. The other half of our group has traveled to a distant village to help them rid themselves of a rampaging demon. InuYasha and I were just going to go meet up with them!"

InuYasha sat up straight before turning questioning golden eyes to Kagome who was ignoring his look and preceded on with her little speech. Shrugging, InuYasha settled back against the trunk, `What is Kagome rambling on about?' InuYasha thought to himself, `We were planning on waiting until they returned to begin our journey again!' Sighing, InuYasha turned his attention back to the group gathered below him. As he watched Kagome talking to the strangers he began to wonder what trouble the good for nothing Houshi had gotten himself into. `I bet Sango is about ready to send him packing!' InuYasha thought with a snort.

* * * * *

Author's note:

I wanna throw out a big thanks to my editor CvR for correcting my fanfic. *sniff* I didn't want to put this on line yet but she pressured me into it! :p meany!

Also to my secondary editor KagomeResurrected who will be helping me keep the fic in the correct tense throughout the story. Thanks for the help!!

I hope everyone enjoys the fic as much as I have been enjoying writing it! It still has a way to go and I just hope I am able to keep them in character and if I fail in that respect please correct me!!

Love and Peace to all kissy_moonlight!