InuYasha Fan Fiction / Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Miko ❯ Golden Eyes ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

MIKO

By L.O. a.k.a. azn_otaku

Crossover: InuYasha and Trigun

##-------##

A/N: Well, I've started a new project! I've been itching to write this for awhile, and I have the millions of tiny notes to prove it. You should see my binder of notes at home! Anyways, with "Sunshine" well on the way, and with me have a bit of a writer's block, I decided now would be a good time to start this series. It's a unique type of crossover, I don't think that there are many IY and Trigun crosses out there. I just know one at this point in time. But anyways....I hope you enjoy!

##-------##

"....." Dialogue

[.....] Thoughts

##-------##

Prologue: Golden Eyes

##-------##

[A dream again.]

[Let me out.]

[Show me no more.]

There were these lovely golden eyes. She wanted to touch them, see if they were true. She wanted to feel the realness of them, to know that she could not possibly be imagining such lonely, sad eyes. Two brilliant orbs of amber that haunted her when she slept.

[Sad.]

The sun set behind the young man with such beautiful eyes. There were burst of light beams....the goodbye of the ball of fire. The golden eyes merely stared at her, pleading for her to remember something that she did not think she could. For how could she remember anything when she knew for a fact that she had been brought to this world as nothing but a mere puppet for her master? She was nothing but some slave that did His bidding, she had awoken in her prison and she would die in her prison.

[Eventually.]

She did not know how long she had been alive.

A year?

A hundred?

Time seemed to stay at still, willing her to halt as well.

[Save me.]

[Help me.]

She did not want to sleep. But if she did not, the master feared that she would revolt and run far, far away. But that was ridiculous. Where could she run to? She had no home except for here. With her master. She could not run, not with the choker that bound her neck. It was a device, a thin blade encircling on the inside of the strip of cloth. The master could press a single button and the metal would enclose around her smooth neck, killing her instantly. She was only a mere pet after all. She had no rights. No mind. She could do nothing but sleep.

[Cry for me.]

If He had no need of her skills, he would put her to bed. The only times she was conscious was when she was doing his dirty work, killing those he particularly hated. Her hands were soiled with the blood of the innocent. Her only conscious thoughts were of the desperate sobs of the unfortunate. They could not help being slaughtered by her hand. Her master did not like many. He did not even like her.

Even if she didn't like sleeping, it was better than when she was awake.

[Love me.]

Those golden eyes watched over her in her dreams.

##-------##

It was a barren planet. The only thing in the sky being the sun and the two moons at night. The ground was a dry, never ending space that would swallow you hole if you allowed yourself to die of thirst. There was hardly any water except in the towns. Travelers needed to be extra careful to keep their cars or bikes well-oiled and full of gas. If not, they would be stranded.

And they would die in the hot sun.

A scene from an old western flick comes to mind. The buildings were of wood and brick. Old style saloons and bartenders. Dancing girls with much drinking. This was the place were men did not care to live for long. The longer they lived, the harder the struggle to survive. No one knew the meaning of hope anymore. It was hot, hot, hot. The very fires from hell burning down on these unfortunate souls who had managed to live.

This was Gunsmoke.

##-------##

[Save me.]

[Help me.]

[Cry for me.]

[Love me.]

##-------##

A/N: Well, comments? Review please! This preview is longer than Sunshine's preview yet it is still shorter than most of the chapters I expect. I'll try to update this soon!

##-------##