Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ Reunited ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This is the second story! Yay! I had a couple questions on the last one, so I'll just answer them here.
 
Maili-oneechan: Makai does exist, and demons do live there, but the barrier between that world and Ningenkai hasn't been created yet, so they can pass freely from one world to the other. It's something that all demons know about, even half-demons like Inuyasha. Humans can't pass through to Makai unless a demon takes them, and that usually means they're about to become lunch. Demons with human mates stay in Ningenkai because humans are only a source of food in Makai, and their mates won't be enough to protect them.
 
Kurama'sFoxyMiko: Kagome will be a little more OOC in the beginning because of Kendal, but I don't think it'll last too long. As for her mother…Kendal offered, and she wasn't going to refuse him. He's some sort of support, and she can use all the help she can get.
 
Reunited
 
Full Summary: R&K 2. Sequel to “Enter the Witch and the Miko”. Another member of the STN has been discharged. He runs into Robin and helps her bring Kagome back. In the Feudal Era, they run into someone who looks hauntingly familiar. More YYH in this story.
 
Michael was tired of being inside all day every day. It was always the same. He would look up active witches, and then the hunters would capture them. It wasn't really bad, but he never saw the sun except through barred windows. But he never really noticed how lonely he was for friends before Robin Sena joined the STN-J. At night, she would come back with doughnuts and coffee for him, and they would sit and talk. That was when he realized how much he needed a friend.
 
Then they decided to hunt her. He remembered that day well. Amon told him to call all the witch hunters except Robin and Doujima. Since Amon didn't like to have much to do with his partner or the lazy Doujima, he did as he was asked. When they were all assembled, Amon gave the orders to hunt Robin. This caused their sleepy eyes to become alert.
 
“Why hunt Robin?” asked Sakaki.
 
“She's a witch,” was the answer he got.
 
Ms. Karasuma didn't say anything, but looked at Amon sadly.
 
They left after Michael tracked her. If he had known that she was being hunted, he would have said that he couldn't pick up her signal. She was his best friend, and he didn't want to hurt her. At least they didn't find her after that. Tai Kendal, the guy from the STN-E wanted to see the Orbo in action, when he saw Robin. He shot at her, but she escaped. Now they knew she was in Tokyo, but they didn't know where. She could have fled by this time. Of course, Michael knew where she was, since she kept her phone. Its signal disappeared for two months, but then it came back recently in the same spot. This wasn't how a signal was supposed to act; he would know.
 
He stretched his legs and stood up. Looking out the window, he saw the birds flying around, free. Zaizen saw him look, and said to him, “Michael, you need to get out.”
 
Michael turned, sure that he had heard his boss wrong. “What?”
 
“You've been in here for too long. Get out.” He tossed him some keys. “Go see what Tokyo has to offer.”
 
Michael's entire face lit up. “Thank you, sir!” he exclaimed. That's exactly where I want to go. Now I can look for Robin. He ran to where the car was (I swear, the guy's psychic, knowing these things, knowing where the car is AND how to drive) and drove to Tokyo. It took an hour, but that's because the woods were between Raven's Flat and the outskirts of Tokyo. He parked the car, breathing the fresh air for the first time in a long time. He walked around, looking at the busy streets and stores. Walking into one, he bought lunch for the first time. He'd almost forgotten how, but he did manage to remember.
 
Walking around, he window-shopped; he didn't want to spend all the money Zaizen had lent him. Then, as he passed a grocery store, he saw her. Robin Sena.
 
~*~
 
Robin was buying food for her new home. The Higurashis had just moved out that day, and while she was sorry to see them leave, she had to feed herself. They had left everything, but there were still some things missing, like furniture. Well, they had just taken what was in their rooms and the rooms the used. There was still furniture in the guest rooms, but those weren't for regular use. Right now she just needed food. She wasn't paying attention to where she was going, and ran into someone.
 
“Oh, I'm sorry,” she said, looking up at the person and freezing.
 
“Hello, Robin,” said Michael, his eyes laughing at her expression.
 
“Oh, glory,” she whispered, trying to run, but he grabbed her arm.
 
“No, you don't understand. I'm not here to hunt you. I've never handled a regular gun, much less an Orbo one.”
 
“What are you doing out of the office?” she asked, confused. “You're not allowed to leave.”
 
“Zaizen said I needed fresh air, so here I am. I also came to see how you're doing.”
 
She paled. “Then they know where I am?” she asked, panicking.
 
“No, I never told them. I know you probably don't believe me, but I didn't know that they were going to hunt you, or else I never would have told them where you were.”
 
“They already knew that I was at Nagira's, though. Why did they need to track me?”
 
“You know Amon. He's paranoid most of the time, and he thought that you might not be there, and wanted to check and make sure.”
 
Robin looked at him silently. I've missed everyone, but I don't know if this is a trap. She said, “I don't know what to believe, Michael. For now, I'm going to trust you, even though my instinct is screaming at me to run as fast as I can. If I find that you betrayed me…”
 
“I won't. I promise. You're my best friend, and I don't want to lose you again.” He frowned. “Besides, I might have to go into hiding myself soon.”
 
“Why is that?” she asked, concerned about him. She may not trust him very much, but she didn't want something bad to happen to him.
 
“Something changed in Zaizen lately. He's been acting very strangely. He's not the same man that I used to work for. He's been taking the STN hunters and talking to them for long periods of time in his office. When they come out, it's like something in them was shaken up. It's normal for him to do that to Amon, but he's even done this to Doujima and Sakaki. I haven't been taken in since I'm not a hunter, but I don't think that's it. Ever since you escaped, he's been trying to find you; it's like an obsession now.”
 
Poor Michael. He's never lied to me yet; maybe I can help him. “If you can get away, you could stay with me,” she suggested. “It's huge, and I could use the help.”
 
His smile was as beautiful as ever. His entire face lit up when he smiled. She envied that ability of his. “When you can get away, just call me and I'll pick you up.”
 
“Okay. I don't know how you'll be able to do that, but I'll leave that to you. When is it okay for me to leave?”
 
“You say that Zaizen is getting stranger?” At his nod, she continued. “The next time he gets one of his fits, then just leave that night.”
 
“They tend to have a pattern to them. The next one should be in about a week and a half.”
 
“Okay. Call me, and I'll get you.”
 
“All right. And Robin?”
 
“Hm?”
 
“It's great seeing you again.”
 
~*~
 
Just as Michael predicted, Zaizen had another fit about not finding the elusive Robin Sena. The other STN members wisely decided to leave before he could get into his fit, which left Michael to take the brunt of it. While Zaizen raged on, Michael was erasing what he'd been doing and all his extra information on the witches.
 
What was different about tonight was that Zaizen turned violent. He beat the crap out of Michael; Michael couldn't hit his employer because all Zaizen had to do was say the word and Michael would be killed. He was unexpectedly strong for a 55-year-old, and by the time he was done, Michael couldn't move without feeling a surge of pain. Zaizen dragged him to the elevator, and, reaching the bottom floor, threw him out the door. He yanked the dog collar off his neck.
 
“Now you're free, Michael. It doesn't do you much good, since you're dead, but now at last you're free. That's what you wanted, isn't it?” Moving drunkenly, he stumbled towards the garage to drive away. After the lights of his car were gone, Michael slowly took out his phone, which Zaizen hadn't broken, and called Robin. Then he waited.
 
~*~
 
Robin hurried as fast as the speed limit would allow her to. She made it to Raven's Flat in 45 minutes, give or take a few. Parking the car in front of the building, she saw Michael on the steps, not moving.
 
“Michael,” she called, “come on, we have to go.” He didn't move. She ran to him, and saw how he was bleeding. “Oh, Michael, did Zaizen to this?” Without waiting for an answer, she tried to pick him up, but she wasn't strong enough. Hooking his arm around her neck, she managed to lift him and hobble over to the car. He went into the passenger seat, and she headed for home.
 
“I'm surprised you came so fast,” he mumbled.
 
“Ssssh, don't talk,” she said. “When you called, you didn't sound too well off, so I speeded just a little bit.”
 
“I didn't know you could drive.”
 
“Well, I'm actually not supposed to; I thought you would drive us back, but for now, I'll be 16. Is that okay?” she teased.
 
“Just get me out of here, and I'll believe you're twenty-five,” he teased back.
 
While they were driving back, Michael fell asleep, so Robin had no one to talk to for about half an hour. She didn't blame him in the least, but now all she had to occupy herself was watching the road. It was quite boring, but it passed the time, and half an hour later, she pulled into the Higurashi's driveway. Since they had only left a couple weeks ago, she didn't really consider it hers yet. Knowing she couldn't lift him again, she gently shook him awake. She allowed him to lean on her like a crutch, and they entered the house.
 
“So, this is your place?” he asked in amazement. “How did you pay for it?”
 
“I have friends in high places,” she responded.
 
“Really high places,” he said as he looked around the kitchen.
 
She set him down and, assuming he hadn't eaten yet, got out some of the food that was in the fridge already. She assumed correct because he looked at the food longingly, but it was too painful to lift his arms.
 
“Is something wrong?” she asked.
 
“It's my arms. I'm debating whether to eat and be in pain or stare at the food and have my stomach declare war on my backbone.”
 
“How about I feed you? That way you can eat and not have your arms hurt because you were moving them."
 
“Would you, Robin?” His eyes grew big and he gave her the puppy look. Boy, was he good at that.
 
Trying to keep her laughter inside, and not succeeding, she hand fed him after giving him a painkiller. “Hey, if your arms don't hurt tomorrow, do you think you could do something for me?” she asked.
 
“Yeah, I'll do it even if it does hurt. What do you need? It isn't lifting heavy objects, is it?” he asked anxiously.
 
“No, it's nothing like that. I have a friend who is in England. She doesn't want to be there, and I need to bring her here. Do you know how I could do that?”
 
He gave a sigh of relief. “I thought you were going to ask me to do something hard. Yeah, I can do that. It will be a little challenging, but nothing I can't handle. Does she have her parents' permission?”
 
“She only has one. Do you remember Tai Kendal?” From the look on his face, he did. “He just married her mom, and took them to England.”
 
He whistled. “No wonder she wants to come back. I'm assuming that her mother won't give her permission either.” Robin nodded. “All right, if she says that she does, and that her mom gave it over the phone when getting the flight, the info will be in the computer. If she can get the ticket, then I'll handle everything else.”
 
“You're the best, Michael,” Robin shouted joyfully.
 
“No, I'm just a computer genius.”
 
She smiled, watching him try to finish the food he was eating. He was really tired; just eating took a lot of effort. “I'll take you to your room,” she said, hauling him up the stairs and into one of the spare bedrooms. All the rooms were spare rooms, but she only used the rooms that weren't occupied by the Higurashis at one time. She even stayed in the same room she used when she first came to them.
 
“Um, Robin?” His voice cut through her thoughts. “Is there a place where I could wash up?” He gestured to the blood and dirt that covered him and his clothes.
 
“Yeah, it's connected to your room,” she replied. “I'll try to find you some other clothes tomorrow. Do you know what size you are?”
 
She got his size, and left him to bathe. Now I have to go shopping tomorrow. Oh, well, it's for a friend. That isn't too bad. But right now I have to call Kagome. Using her cell phone (all the other phones were gone) she called Kagome's new home. When it was answered by Kendal, she momentarily panicked, but, realizing he couldn't see her, disguised her voice and said she was a friend of Kagome's, and could she speak to her please.
 
She could tell he didn't want to, but in the background, she heard Kagome say, “Yes, that's for me, thank you” and picked up the phone.
 
“Hello?” she said.
 
“Kagome! This the Higurashi Shrine.”
 
“Oh! Hang on a minute.” There was silence for a few seconds, but then she heard her say, “Okay, hi Robin. I've only been here for a few days, and it's already bad. My family thinks he can do no wrong. And it's hard to get any sleep anymore. It's driving me insane!”
 
“I would be insane too if I had to put up with that,” Robin agreed. “I have a solution to your problem. Tomorrow, Michael will get everything done to see that you come in on the earliest flight the day after tomorrow. All you have to do is buy the ticket.”
 
“Don't they ask for a parent if you aren't 18?” she asked.
 
“Leave it to him. He lives for a challenge. It's a good thing, since it was really challenging looking up all those witches.”
 
A gasp came from the other end. “Do they know where you are? Wasn't he one of the ones tracking you?”
 
“Don't panic, he's with us now. Zaizen threw him out and said he was free. He actually thought Michael was dead when he did this, but if they ever find out, Zaizen did say he was free.”
 
“Okay, if you say so.” There was shouting in the background, and Kagome said, “I'll buy the ticket tomorrow for the day after. I have to go now. Bye.”
 
“I need something to eat,” said Robin to herself. Getting all the stuff together, she ate her salad with her usual espresso. I miss Harry's food, she thought reminiscently. If I wasn't being hunted, I'd go get some, even though it's an hour away. She finished her food thinking of how Kagome was going to get back here.
 
~*~