Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ Reunited ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kurama'sFoxyMiko: The long wait is over! Kagome will finally meet the Reikai Tantei, along with some other people that most people will probably know. Maybe not at first, but some people will know who they are. This promises to be an interesting school year, don't you think?
 
~*~
 
They had to buy their books the day before school started. Inuyasha wasn't very happy about Kagome going to school again, but she ignored him, as usual. On the first day, they all walked together to the school. Saying good-bye to Michael, they walked to their first class.
 
They were lucky; all their classes were the same. Poor Michael was alone. They entered the classroom cautiously, not knowing what to expect. Robin, who had been raised in Italy, looked terrified of what was in there. She followed Kagome like a shadow while the miko greeted the teacher and asked where they were supposed to sit.
 
“Well,” said Mr. Takenaka, “you may choose your own seating.”
 
Kagome immediately went close to the back of the room, and Robin sat in the seat to her right. They started talking about what they were going to do about the shrine when the bell signaled that everyone should head for their classes. They saw a guy with orange hair styled a bit like Elvis's come in, followed by a girl that was hanging onto a different boy's ear, scolding him for wearing green instead of the school uniform, which was blue.
 
“But Keiko,” the boy in green was saying, “that uniform looks absolutely hideous on me.”
 
“I don't care, Yusuke, you're giving this class a bad name, and the school year hasn't even begun yet.”
 
Four other girls came in, all talking about how this year was going to be so exciting. They didn't bother Mr. Takenaka about seats; they just waved and said, “Hey, Mr. Takenaka, miss us?”
 
“This is going to be another long year,” he muttered.
 
The students kept coming in a steady stream. Finally the late bell rang, and a girl with a strange hairstyle, a bit like Robin's, but on top of her head, came rushing into the room. “I'm not late,” she panted, red from running.
 
“I can see that, Ms. Tsukino. Now please take a seat.”
 
The only seat left was behind Kagome. She took it, still out of breath. Mr. Takenaka stood up and spoke to the class in his deep voice. “Most of you had me last year. I see some new students, so I'll introduce myself. I am Mr. Takenaka. I taught at a middle school last year, then decided to move on to high school. Apparently a lot of the former students had the same idea.” There was laughter around the room.
 
Then he started class. It could have been boring, but he made it interesting. Well, Kagome was always good in history, but she knew some teachers that would make it so that it was a struggle to stay awake, much less pay attention. Just about everyone paid attention to him, and he did his best to make history fun to learn. She was sorry when class ended.
 
She was especially sorry when her next class was Math and was taught by Mr. Iwamoto. He seemed to know the students too, and it was clear he didn't like them. His class was pure torture. Robin didn't seem to have a problem with it, though. I'll have to ask her to help me when we get home, she thought.
 
After two more classes, it was finally lunchtime. Kagome and Robin took their bentos and chose a tree to sit under. Michael joined them soon after.
 
“That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be,” commented Robin, her head leaning against the tree's trunk.
 
“True. Only, I think that Mr. Takenaka's class was the best so far,” Kagome declared as she fished out a sandwich.
 
“Yes, his class was quite interesting. Math wasn't too bad.”
 
“Wasn't too bad?! I'm not good in math, and he didn't do a good job explaining what we're supposed to do!”
 
Robin looked over at her companion. “I'll help you with it. It's actually not that bad.”
 
“Thank you. You're a lifesaver. What do have left?”
 
“Just English and Japanese. What about you, Michael?”
 
“I have Robotics and Chemistry.”
 
“Ouch! Good luck!” exclaimed Kagome.
 
“Thanks, I'll need it,” he responded.
 
“Did you make any friends?” asked Robin, wanting him to have someone he could talk to in class.
 
“There wasn't much time to get to know other people. Why, did you?”
 
They both shook their heads. They finished eating while they talked of their day so far. It was a bit sad when the bell rang, but they only had two classes left. Waving good-bye to Michael, who looked a bit forlorn, they walked to English class.
 
“Hey, Kagome,” cried an annoyingly familiar voice.
 
Kagome put on a fake smile and turned to the person, saying, “Hojo! I didn't know you had English this period.”
 
“Yeah. What do you have next period?”
 
“Japanese.”
 
His face fell. “Darn, mine is Math. Do know if the teacher is hard?”
 
“He doesn't do a good job. I could barely understand him, and he gave out a lot of homework!”
 
“Geez, he sounds bad. Oh, well, I'll live. I'm just glad I have one class with you.”
 
“Um, yeah, me too.” Thank goodness it's only one class and not more.
 
As they did in their other classes, Kagome and Robin took seats near the back. It felt like they stayed with the same classmates in every class. Those four girls were there, the late girl, the wannabe Elvis, the boy in green, and the girl who had him by the ear. Since there was only Japanese left, they would all have the same classes.
 
English was still hard for Kagome, but it seemed to be a breeze for Robin. She knew the language like it was her native one. “I was taught both English and Japanese at the same time,” she later explained. “They weren't sure if I would be sent to the United States or Japan.”
 
The next lesson, Japanese, was much better. She could answer these with ease. Pretty soon, their first day of school was over. They waited for Michael, who was a bit late due to the fact that what looked like rabid girls were clinging to him.
 
“Sorry about that,” he apologized, looking nervously over his shoulder. “I don't know what that was about. Let's get home as soon as possible.”
 
Robin remained quiet for most of the walk back to the shrine. What's with her? Kagome wondered worriedly. I know she's a quiet girl, but this is a little too quiet. “Is everything all right?” she asked her silent friend.
 
Robin jerked her head up. “I'm sorry, could you repeat the question?”
 
“Is everything okay?” she asked again.
 
“Yes, everything's fine. Why wouldn't it be?”
 
Michael asked Kagome, “When is Sota coming home?”
 
“He'll come around, 4:30, I think.”
 
“Okay, we'll be back before him. Good.”
 
The rest of the walk was in silence.
 
~*~