Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ Reunited ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sorry about not updating sooner. I've been busy lately, and my grades, especially in Spanish, have been slipping, so I really need to focus on that. Still, this is ready, so I thought I'd post it.
 
Kurama'sFoxyMiko: Yes, Hiei will be seeing one of his mothers in this chapter, and yes, he thinks she's Robin's descendent. He knows that she can't be the same person. ^_^ Boy, is he going to be surprised sometime later.
 
~*~
 
How did I get into this? wondered Hiei for the fifteenth time. Kurama somehow got him to go with him on a field trip to the Higurashi Shrine. The fox didn't know that Hiei was on a mission that involved that shrine; he just knew that Yusuke, Kuwabara, and Keiko were working there and thought that it would be a good time to visit. As if Hiei ever visited with those ningens. But somehow, Kurama made him come.
 
When they pulled in front of the steps, a lot of the students groaned. It really was a long climb, almost more like a hike. “You will walk like the rest of us,” warned the drop-dead gorgeous Kurama, who was probably thinking of how much this hike would hurt.
 
“Hn. It's not my fault that you can't jump to the top,” Hiei said smugly.
 
“You're impossible, Hiei,” Kurama muttered. He got no response. However, Hiei did walk up the stairs with him. I feel bad for those humans now, he thought as he tried to move his pain-ridden legs. I'm never doing that again. I don't care how much he begs.
 
Looking around, he saw lots of students from Sarayashiki High and Meiou High, Kurama's school. He wandered, a bit lost since all these tall humans were blocking his view. Unexpectedly, he ran into someone and paper flew everywhere.
 
“Oh, I'm sorry,” said a familiar voice he couldn't place.
 
He helped her pick up the paper and looked at her for the first time. And froze. It-it can't be! It was an exact replica of Robin Sena, one of the people he considered parents over four hundred years ago. No, he shook his head sadly. Everyone is dead by now. There is no way that this is Robin Sena.
 
“It was my fault,” he heard himself saying. What am I doing? “I was the one that ran into you. Please forgive me.”
 
“Oh, that's no problem. I just have to get these papers into the house.” She looked like she was struggling with holding all those stacks. Again, his mouth said things his mind didn't tell it to say.
 
“Did you need help?” he asked, wondering frantically who was controlling his mouth; it most certainly wasn't him!
 
The look of gratitude she gave him almost made his heart of ice melt. Not quite, but almost.
 
As he took some stacks from her, she led him towards the house. “You're from Meioh High, aren't you?” she asked.
 
“Um, yes,” he answered, telling himself he wasn't really lying since he did come with the Meioh students.
 
“What do you think so far of the place?”
 
“Well,” he said, thinking fast, “it's interesting. It reminds me of a place that I once knew of.”
 
“Same here. Now, can you put those papers on that table?” She pointed to a table set up in the kitchen.
 
He complied, while asking, “Do you know if you're descended from a person that once lived here around five centuries ago? Her name was Robin Sena.”
 
The girl stiffened. Turning slowly, she said, “I don't know. Why?”
 
“Just curious. I had heard that a girl named Robin Sena once lived near here. Or rather, a village near here. There wasn't anything right here back then except the Goshinboku, the Bone Eater's Well, and Inuyasha's Forest.”
 
The girl had gone paler with each word. “Well,” she said weakly, “you sure do know your history. Exactly how much does your history teacher know about this?”
 
“The teacher doesn't know much of anything about this. I did background reading.”
 
“How much do you know?”
 
“Robin Sena lived in the time of the Shikon no Tama. She traveled with the other shard hunters: Miroku, Sango, Inuyasha, Shippo, and Kagome. I saw a picture of her, and I thought you might be one of her descendants. I also thought that since this is the Higurashi Shrine, a descendant of Kagome Higurashi would be here still.”
 
She stood still for a moment before slapping her head with her hand. “I have to go get more drinks! Thank you for your help. Keep up the history learning.”
 
“What's you name?” he asked curiously, considering coming back for a visit, and not for the mission.
 
“Robin Smith,” she replied before running out into the crowd.
 
Robin Smith. Her words floated back to him. She looks remarkably like Robin Sena. Maybe she's Robin's descendent. That has to be it. At that time, Kurama found him.
 
“There you are!” he called. “We were looking for you. What have you been doing all this time?”
 
“I was looking around,” Hiei replied coolly, not wanting to talk.
 
“It's time for you to stop being antisocial and talk with the rest of us.”
 
“It's none of your business what I do and what I don't do.” Hiei was beginning to get a little ticked at the kitsune for trying to butt in on what he did when he didn't work with the rest of them.
 
“Come on, Hiei,” Kurama pleaded with him, giving him the puppy look.
 
He really has to stop doing that. “Hn.” He followed Kurama back to where Yusuke and Kuwabara were working. Of course, he got bored and started letting his eyes wander around the place. Why did I come here? he wondered yet again. I have better things to do with my time.
 
~*~
 
Kagome was finishing up with her tour when Robin came tearing out of nowhere and almost ran her over. “That's the tour. Enjoy the rest of you day,” she said cheerfully to the students, then turned to Robin, who was bent over, trying to catch her breath. “What's wrong? Is the STN here?”
 
“No, no, nothing like that,” she gasped. “There was a boy from Meioh High that knew a whole lot about this place. I don't mean like general stuff, he knew about the Shikon Jewel, Inuyasha, the others, just things that aren't in history books.”
 
“Robin, we're learning about the history of the Shikon Jewel right now in school, what's wrong with someone from a different school learning it?”
 
“That's not what I mean!” she shrieked, or would have if she had enough breath to do it. “He knew names, and some of the names of the shard hunters were never mentioned in the books.”
 
“How do you know all this?” asked Kagome, putting her hands on her hips.
 
“We ran into each other. I couldn't see where I was going because I had piles of paper in front of me, and he helped me pick them up and put them in the house. Then he asked me if I was a descendant of Robin Sena, a girl that lived in a village not far from here. History books say that the Higurashi Shrine is made where the old village once stood, but he knew it wasn't. This place was built over Inuyasha's Forest.”
 
That got Kagome's attention. “Who is he?”
 
“I never asked his name. I had to run and do something and I could only give him my name.”
 
“What does he look like?”
 
“He's short, about four foot ten, has black hair, some with white tips, red eyes, and is dressed in the Meioh High uniform.”
 
“I see. I don't know if there's anything we can do about it except keep an eye out. He could be a demon who had a relative or something that we had to get rid of and is now looking for revenge.”
 
“I doubt it. He was so nice about helping me. He might just want to know what actually happened back then. It's possible.”
 
“Actually, I think your idea is more probable than mine. We'll go with that for now.”
 
They went back to help the food groups. Robin went to the farthest inside the grounds, and Kagome checked the ones near the entrance. After checking a few, she saw Yusuke and Kuwabara talking to two boys from Meioh High School. She assumed this since she didn't recognize either of them, and they wore the school uniform of Meioh High. The shorter of the two fit Robin's description perfectly. Well, she couldn't see the front of him, but she assumed it was him.
 
“Hey, how are things going here, guys?” she asked Yusuke and Kuwabara, walking up to them.
 
“Things are good,” responded Yusuke, giving her a thumbs-up. “We were just talking to some friends of ours from, uh, where are you guys from?”
 
The tall guy answered him, “Meioh High.”
 
“Right, that's it!” Yusuke snapped his fingers. “Meioh High School.”
 
Kagome still couldn't see what either of the two guys looked like except their backs. “Welcome to the Higurashi Shrine. Who are you two?”
 
The tall redhead turned. “My name is Shuichi Minamino. This is Hiei Jaganshi.”
 
Hiei… she tried not to let her tears come, and introduced herself. “My name is Kagome Higurashi. I lived here my whole life with my younger brother Sota, my mom, and Grandpa. Grandpa and Mom are gone now to England, so we live here with Michael and Robin.”
 
The shorter person spun around at her name, his red eyes wide with shock. He even looks like my Hiei. No! Can't think about that. If I do, the waterworks will start.
 
The little guy was speaking. “You wouldn't be descended from a girl named Kagome Higurashi, would you? She lived around five centuries ago.”
 
“Um,” said Kagome, caught off-guard, “I'm not sure. Why, are you studying the history of the Shikon no Tama?”
 
“I'm learning about it on my own. Do you know anything about that time period?”
 
“You wouldn't believe what I know about its story. I don't have time to really go into it in detail right now, but feel free to drop by another time, and I'll tell you. If I'm not home, Robin, whom you already met, can tell you instead.”
 
“I would be much obliged.”
 
“Anytime. Sorry to bother you. Carry on.”
 
~*~