Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ Reunited ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I forgot to update again, so I apologize. To make up for that, I'll put two up today. Does that make things better? I will try to do better at remembering to update this. If I forget, just shout at me that I need to update, and I'll try.
 
Lovely Liz: I'm glad you like the characters. It always makes a story better when your favorite characters are in it. Hopefully this is a somewhat soon update.
 
Kurama'sFoxyMiko: You knew I was going to add Sailor Moon. I put it in the summary; I know I did. I guess it is sort of a twist. I didn't update last week again like I promised, so I'm sorry. If you're in the mood to throw shoes, feel free. I deserve it, but keep in mind if you kill me, you'll never know the end of the story.
 
~*~
 
Kagome flopped onto one of the couches, as did Robin and Michael. “We survived our first day of field trip hosting. Go us!” shouted Kagome.
 
Robin and Michael only had the strength to lift their heads slightly and smile at her. That was actually fun, thought Michael. “I think that if we could get some of the helpers to dress up like people from the Feudal Era, it would help add to the atmosphere,” said Michael. Just then Sota came down and, looking at them, shook his head.
 
“You guys are already tired after just one day?” he asked in disbelief. “I can't wait to see what you look like at the end of the week.”
 
“I'd better start on dinner,” sighed Robin, slowly getting up. She accidentally brushed Michael, making him shiver with pleasure. She didn't notice, though. He watched her stumble to the kitchen, leaning on Sota to get there.
 
“You like her, don't you?” said Kagome slyly.
 
“What?” asked Michael, not really paying attention to what she was saying.
 
“You like Robin. I've seen the way you look at her. You're in love.”
 
“Um…” He couldn't think of something to come after that.
 
“Hah! I knew it! You know, if you ask her out, I think there's a good chance she'll say yes.”
 
“I doubt it,” he replied. “She doesn't know how I feel, and even if she did, I don't think she feels the same way. After all, she was able to see the world, and meet all sorts of guys that are better than me. I was rarely outside once I started working with Zaizen.”
 
“I think she does like you. And if she's met all those boys from around the world, she would know that you're one of the better ones. Trust me, it's hard finding a guy that respects you.”
 
He didn't respond. Staring at the ceiling, he wondered if what Kagome said was true.
 
~*~
 
Hiei was greatly annoyed when Botan, that ever-cheerful deity of death, showed up. Of course, he was more annoyed with her than normal.
 
He was asleep in a tree, dreaming about his “family” back in the time of the Shikon no Tama, when Botan came looking for him. She knew where his general location was, but not the exact one. So she brought along the whistle. It was Hell made into a small shape, in Hiei's opinion. When she couldn't find him just by looking around for a brief moment, she blew the thing. Hard. The whistle was designed for only demons to hear, and it was made to sound shrill and to try and break their eardrums. Hiei, not expecting to be woken in such a rude manner, fell out of the tree with his hands over his ears.
 
Botan noticed the fall and the new crater that had a Hiei in the center of it. “There you are,” she said happily. “I'm glad I found you. Koenma wants to see you.” She flew back up into the sky on her little canoe paddle.
 
Muttering death threats to Botan for using that whistle and Koenma for making her go get him up with the whistle, he arrived in Spirit World.
 
“What do you want?” he demanded.
 
“Aren't we cranky today,” responded Koenma. “This is about your mission. It involves the Shikon no Tama. It disappeared around five centuries ago, and we have discovered that some of the strange aura around the Higurashi Shrine is its power. Apparently, it decided to show up again. It must like the Higurashi line, because the last person to control it was Kagome Higurashi, and now another Kagome Higurashi guards it.”
 
“You woke me up to tell me that?!” Hiei asked incredulously. “I don't believe this.”
 
While he continued to mutter, Koenma started speaking again. “You need to hurry and find out why there's so much Spirit activity going on at that shrine. Today, to be exact.”
 
“Why today?”
 
“Tomorrow my dad's sending Tanner to see what's going on.”
 
“Fine. I'll see what I can do. Oh,” he tossed over his shoulder, “never wake me with that whistle from Hell again.”
 
“There's no other way to wake you up and live!” wailed Koenma. “We wouldn't have to use it if you didn't try and slice up whoever woke you.”
 
~*~