Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ Reunited ❯ Chapter 9

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I felt like posting again today because I finished most of my homework. Hope y'all enjoy.
 
Kurama'sFoxyMiko: I love it when people say they love the chapters! I would take my time, but there's too much to do, and I don't even have half the time that I need to complete it all in.
 
~*~
 
Serena was doing her homework for a change when her mother came in. “Serena,” said Irene “I hate to do this to you, but we have to move back to Juuban. Your father's been transferred back there.”
 
Serena put her pencil down. “When do we leave?”
 
“We already have a buyer for the house, so next week.”
 
Yes! I won't have to see them again! “That's great, Mom. I missed that place.”
 
Irene smiled. “I'm glad you feel that way. I've spoken to your friends' parents and guardians, and they're changing with you.”
 
Serena's smile became fixed. “That's great, Mom.”
 
“The school here's too far, so they decided to keep you all together in Juuban. I have to go see that your brother gets in bed on time. Good night, baby.”
 
“Good night, Mom.” NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Don't make me stay with them! “Luna,” she called to her cat.
 
“Yes, Serena?” Luna sounded annoyed that she was addressing her.
 
“I can't stay with them! I can't!”
 
“They probably don't want to stay with you just as much,” she replied. Luna hadn't been the kindest person to talk to ever since that night.
 
All her pent-up emotions boiled over. The betrayal, and now this…she exploded. “You know what, Luna? I'm tired of you being so mean. If you don't like me, stay with one of the Sailor Scouts. Actually, that's a good idea. Why didn't I do this sooner?”
 
“What are you doing?” asked the cat nervously. “You can't throw me out!” She was supposed to be spying for the Scouts, making sure that Serena didn't do anything that would endanger Crystal Tokyo.
 
“Sammy doesn't like you, and neither do I. Since you are my cat, I can throw you out. Good bye!” She picked up Luna by the ruff of her neck and took her through the house to the front door, Luna scratching her arms raw, trying to get her to let go. Opening the door with her foot, Serena threw the black cat as hard as she could out the door. She heard her hit a bunch of trash cans and smiled with satisfaction. “Mom, I just got rid of Luna,” she called. “Don't let her back into the house.”
 
“Okay, baby,” Irene called back. “Now go to bed.”
 
“'kay,” she said. She wandered back to her room, turning out the lights and sleeping peacefully for the first time since her friends split with her.
 
~*~
 
Robin seemed to float on air for the past few mornings. He couldn't figure out why. Maybe it was because they had a holiday coming up. Maybe she just felt like being happy. Girls are confusing, he thought, shaking his head. Things didn't seem to clear up when they left for school. Kagome started walking ahead of them. Maybe she needs to get to class early. He and Robin were walking together, not saying anything. Now she was serious, like she was when she first came to Raven's Flat.
 
“Michael,” she said, then stopped.
 
“Yeah?” he asked.
 
“Um, I don't know how to say this,” she said hesitantly.
 
“Just think about the bare facts, and say that,” he suggested.
 
“It's not that easy. But, I can try.” She stopped again.
 
“Go on. I won't yell at you if you mess up,” he said kindly.
 
“Michael, do you remember a couple nights ago?”
 
“Hm…” he thought for a moment. “I was at the computer. Then I woke up in my room. Oh, I fell asleep at the computer again, I guess. Why?”
 
“Um, well, I, uh, had to get you to bed and you're too heavy for me lift. I tried to wake you up enough to get you to sort of walk to your room. It sort of worked.”
 
He didn't like the way this conversation was going. Not at all. “Keep going.”
 
She swallowed and continued. “Well, your eyes were open, and you could walk, but you weren't completely awake. And, um…”
 
He definitely didn't like the direction of this conversation. “Did I do anything… unacceptable?” He really didn't want to know the answer to that one, but he had to know.
“You kissed me.”
 
It wasn't as bad as what he was thinking, but it was probably bad if you're a sheltered girl from a convent. “Oh, Robin, I'm sorry. I should've had more control than that. It was wrong of me to do that. I can't tell you how sorry I am.” He would have gone on, except Robin put her beautiful hand to his face, silencing him.
 
“It's fine. I enjoyed it. I'm the one who should be sorry. After I managed to lead you to your room, I kissed you. That was wrong of me, and my conscience has been eating away at me for doing it. I'm really sorry.” Now it was his turn to shush her.
 
“It's fine. I don't mind. I wish I could remember it, though.”
 
She smiled mischievously. “I could remind you.”
 
He raised an eyebrow. “Oh, really?”
 
She kissed him just as she did that night. Only this time he responded to her. They were both almost late to class, but it was worth it. Both wore smiles for the rest of the day.
 
~*~
 
Kagome smiled happily as the last bell before the holiday rang. Thing were going great! First, there's no school for a week, and second, Robin and Michael were going out. She was trying to run home, and quickly lost them because they were taking their merry time, walking slowly, holding hands and such. Robin might also be lagging behind so she would have enough time to explain about the well. Odds were he wouldn't believe her, so she would have to demonstrate how it worked.
 
Running up the stairs and into her room, she threw things into her backpack. Just wait a bit longer, Inuyasha, we're coming. She came down just as Robin and Michael came through the door, Michael looking a little dazed. “Bye, guys, I'm leaving for the well.”
 
“Wait, Kagome!” cried Robin. Turning to Michael, she said, “Could you stay here and watch Sota?”
 
Not looking very happy, he sighed and nodded. “Sure, I can do that.”
 
Racing into the house, she did a Kagome and threw whatever she could reach into her travel bag. In the kitchen, she took loads of chocolate, instant coffee, and Ramen noodles. You never knew if you needed to placate someone. She ran back to where Kagome was impatiently tapping her foot, an annoyed expression on her face.
 
“What took you so long?” she demanded. “We have to go or Inuyasha'll come here and want to know why we haven't come in a while.”
 
“Sorry. I just had to grab some stuff.” Looking at Michael, she said, “It's very likely that there will be tourists that want to see this place. Are you able to do this by yourself?”
 
He waved her query away. “Yeah, I can just call some people from school, and they're more than willing to earn a little extra cash.”
 
She flashed him a smile. “Have fun. Don't neglect Sota, now.”
 
“I won't,” he promised.
 
Kagome got fed up and said a hasty “Good-bye” to him and grabbed Robin's bag, which was attached to her back, and hauled her down the well.
 
Once on the other side, Kagome took Robin's backpack off her shoulders and threw both bags over the top with ease that comes with practice. Then she scaled the walls in record time.
 
Robin was just shaking her head and trying not to laugh out loud. “Someone's in a hurry,” she commented. “What's the rush?”
 
Kagome was dancing with impatience by the time Robin made her way to the top again. “Come on, we haven't seen the others since we started school.”
 
“True enough,” said Robin, “but it's not like we had time to come and visit.”
“I'll race you to the village,” challenged Kagome, wanting to get there as fast as possible.
 
“You're on,” accepted Robin, and off they went. Kagome knew the forest better than Robin, so she had the advantage, but Robin managed to stay at her heels the whole time. They entered the village in step and neck-to-neck. Unfortunately, they were still going fast, and when poor Miroku happened to get in their way, he was run over by the racing girls, and was left with footprints all over the front of him.
 
“I think we just ran over someone,” said Robin, looking behind them.
 
“Don't get distracted!” responded Kagome, leaping out of the way of Inuyasha. Robin was not so fortunate. BAM! They collided, one rolling over the other. They kept going, out of the village and a good ways down the road. Kagome and Sango, who had seen what had happened, followed.
 
“They're going to have one heck of a headache,” murmured Sango to Kagome.
 
“Yep. Get ready to hold Inuyasha back; I don't think he was expecting that to happen.”
 
“I know.” Sango readied her Hiraikotsu to separate the surprised but soon to be furious and in pain hanyou, and the disoriented witch.
 
They held their breath when they stopped rolling. Inuyasha was the first one to get up, staggering around, trying to get his balance back. By the way he was holding his head, he had one serious hammer in it and the blacksmith wasn't letting up. Robin was just laying there, her hands on her head; apparently, she had the siblings of the hammer and the blacksmith, and they weren't about to be outdone by the their brothers.
 
They saw him go over to her, wincing with each step; it probably didn't help that each step emphasized the blow of the hammer. Sango got into a throwing position if he showed any sign of hostility toward the girl at his feet. To their surprise, he picked her up carefully, and take small steps towards them, his face showing how much pain his head was in.
 
“Inuyasha, I'm impressed! I thought you were going to try and beat the baloney out of her,” said Kagome.
 
His ears flattened against his skull and, wincing, whispered, “Not so loud.”
 
“Oh, sorry,” whispered Kagome.
 
“I saw Sango, and knew it wasn't worth the pain I'd get from her if I did. Besides, she can summon fire. I'm kind of fond of my hair, and would like to keep it unsinged.”
 
Kagome held out her arms to him. “I'll take her. You look like you've just been spit out of a blender, and you walk like it, too.”
 
Sango slung Hiraikotsu across her back and pushed Kagome gently to the side. “I'll take her. You make sure that Inuyasha doesn't walk off a cliff or something like that.”
 
Relieved that he didn't have to carry her, he gladly relinquished Robin to Sango. She took the younger girl and headed back to the village. Kagome stood by him and whispered, “You can lean on me, you know.”
 
He put an arm across her shoulders so she could support him better. Taking their time, they slowly made their way towards the village after Sango.
 
~*~
 
Hiei watched Tanner leave the shrine with a feeling of satisfaction and confusion. Tanner hadn't been able to question Kagome or Robin since they weren't there. There wasn't much Tanner could do then but leave. But if they weren't there, and Hiei didn't find what he was looking for, he couldn't question them.
 
As soon as Tanner was down the stairs, he gracefully leaped down next to the well house. Looking around, he saw that nothing had changed except that there were more scents in here. Hearing a noise, he whirled, his katana raised and ready to strike down whoever made that sound.
 
There was no one there.
 
Still wary, he slid his katana back in its sheath on his back, he eyes darting around the room, convinced that there was someone else in the room. Cautiously he approached the gaping hole that was the top of the well. Peering down, he couldn't see the bottom of the seemingly endless pit of darkness. He felt something brush against his ankles, and he jumped in surprise. Unfortunately, he leaned too far against the side of the well, and he fell into it.
 
Right before he was swallowed by the dark pit that was the well, he saw Buyo, the Higurashi cat. They couldn't find him before the move, so he didn't go. It was just a cat?! He thought incredulously before all natural light had disappeared, and a purple one enveloped him.