Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ Reunited ❯ Chapter 17

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Easter present to everyone! Enjoy.
 
~*~
 
Kagome woke to the sound of voices outside. What is going on? she wondered grumpily. Covering yawns, she unsteadily made her way to the source of the voices.
 
“What's going on?” she demanded.
 
Sango and Robin spun around at the sound of her voice. “Oh, Kagome,” said Robin, “It's about time you were up. The tours have already started.”
 
“They have? What time is it?”
 
“It's almost noon. We were just debating whether to go up and wake you.”
 
“How is everything going?”
 
“Things are running smoothly,” said Sango. “We have Miroku and Kohaku showing the visitors around, and the rest of us are running the booths, Robin calls them.”
 
“Good. Did anyone extra come?”
 
“Yes, actually.” Robin sounded surprised. “Some people from school are helping, and today lots of students from Meioh High are helping.”
 
“So, there's no shortage of workers?”
 
“None whatsoever,” Sango affirmed.
 
“I'll just get dressed, and help too,” Kagome said, making her way back to the stairs. Dressing quickly, she grabs something to eat and heads outside, where there were many tourists wandering around.
 
Sota spotted her and walked over. “Hey, Kagome, since there are a lot of people here, do you think I could go over to one of my friends' houses?”
 
She looked around, and saw that things were going all right and nodded. “Sure. Do you need someone to drive you over?”
 
“No, I can walk.” With that, he tore down the steps to wherever he was going.
 
Someone bumped into her. “Oh, I'm sorry,” said the voice of one of the boys from Meioh High.
 
“It's fine,” she said, turning to see who it was. Shuichi's green eyes looked back at her.
 
“Again, I'm sorry. I should pay more attention to where I'm going.”
 
“Like I said, it's fine. No one was hurt, no damage was done to anything.”
 
He gave her a smile that would melt most girls into a puddle of bliss and walked back to the other boy. She could see other girls working near them watching the redhead and practically drooling. If I didn't have Inuyasha, I would probably be like them. To say he was a good-looking guy would be stingy. But in her eyes, he was on equal footing with Inuyasha, though some prejudiced people would say not, since Inuyasha was a hanyou, and could never compare to a full human.
 
Looking around for said hanyou, she saw him talking to a family with two small children. The small ones were tugging his ears from the parents' arms, but he didn't seem to mind. They finished, and the couple took their children to look at something else. The children still looked at Inuyasha, who was still amusing them by making his ears twitch. They laughed happily until they could no longer see him.
 
“What was that about?” she asked, coming up behind him.
 
“So, you're awake,” he said, not answering her question.
 
“What did they want?” She asked a different question this time.
 
“They wanted to know why some people were dressed up, and who I was supposed to be, and that sort of thing.”
 
“So what did you tell them?”
 
“I was Inuyasha, the half-demon who killed the priestess guarding the Shikon no Tama.”
 
“Is that it? It sounds kind of gruesome.”
 
“Well, I told them an abbreviated version of our adventures to find the Jewel shards.”
 
“That's more acceptable.”
 
Kagome looked around again and asked, “What exactly are you doing? Do you tell the story of the Shikon Jewel?”
 
“Yeah, and so do others. They're in other parts of the place.”
 
“Oh. Well, I'll let you do your job and see where I'm needed.” She waved good-bye and wandered over to Michael. “Where do you need me?” she asked.
 
“You can help with the drinks again,” he said distractedly.
 
She nodded and headed over to a drink booth. Looks like it's going to be a long day.
 
~*~
 
Everyone was relaxing in Kagome's family room. There was only day of vacation left, and the shard hunters were leaving later that day. The shrine was not giving tours today since they needed to get ready for school.
 
“Do you have everything you need for tomorrow?” Kagome asked Sota, worried that he might forget something important.
 
“Yes, Kagome,” he answered. He and Kohaku had gotten close since the young demon slayer had come. She could tell that Sota would miss him when he left.
 
“What did you guys think of this time?” asked Robin from her seat on the couch.
 
Miroku answered her first. “It was very enlightening. I had no idea so much progress had been made in almost five centuries. It's amazing, and I enjoyed being here thoroughly.”
 
“Yes,” agreed Sango, “it was interesting. There are no demons here that threaten humans anymore. I find that a bit hard to believe. It's a blessing, but since we've been raised to hunt demons, it's hard to accept that there are no more.”
 
“There are demons here,” contradicted Kagome, “we just don't see them.”
 
“The weaponry is advanced,” observed Kohaku. “If we had that kind of equipment, then hunting demons wouldn't be quite so hard or hazardous.”
 
Sango nodded. She knew how hard it was to be a demon slayer.
 
Looking outside, Kagome noted that it was already dark, and her friends had to leave. “Okay, guys, it's dark.”
 
They all stood and trooped outside. Robin had sent Serena out for food, since she didn't know about the well or the Sengoku Jidai. They had said good-bye to her before she left.
 
They said good-bye to the shard hunters, promising to see them at the earliest possible time. Tears flowed, and hugs were passed around. They were still a bit wary of Miroku's, but he didn't do anything the least bit lecherous.
 
“Good luck with Kira,” said Kagome, thinking sadly that Kaede wouldn't be there anymore.
 
“Thanks. We'll need it,” replied Sango. “It's a good thing we decided not to build in the village. Now we don't have to answer to her.”
 
“There are demons in Inuyasha's Forest, though. Won't they be a danger to the children?”
 
“What do you think I am?” she asked indignantly. “Kohaku and I are demon slayers, you know.”
 
“Sorry,” Kagome apologized. “I just thought that you would want your kids to be away from demons and things that could harm them.”
 
“There's no such place,” Sango informed her. “There is danger everywhere. As much as I would like to keep them safe, there is no real safe haven that's danger-free. Right now I'll be satisfied with keeping them away from Kira.”
 
“That sounds like a good idea,” laughed Kagome. “I guess I'll see y'all later.”
 
They waved and jumped down the well to their time.
 
“I'll miss having them around,” murmured Robin.
 
“We all will,” said Michael, putting an arm around her waist.
 
Kagome sighed. “We start school tomorrow; let's make sure everything's ready.”
 
“I checked everything this morning,” responded Michael. “We're all set to go.”
 
“Good. Thanks,” said a relieved Kagome. “You really didn't have to do that, Michael.”
 
“I know. I was bored, and everyone else was still asleep, so I just got things ready. I didn't think you'd mind.”
 
“You thought correct,” said Robin, burrowing her head into his neck.
 
“Now we need to wait for Serena to come back with the food, and I'll get started on dinner and lunch for tomorrow.”
 
They waited for a half-hour before Serena came back, pulling a large wagon behind her bike. “The groceries are here,” she sang out, signaling that they were needed to bring the food in. They all hurried to assist her, since they didn't want the food to get wet; the rain clouds were closing in fast. With the food and people inside, they ate and got ready for bed. Michael had switched Serena back to their school earlier, so there was nothing they needed to worry about.
 
None of them were happy when their alarm clocks went off the next morning. Acting like zombies, they forced themselves to eat and trudge to school. When they arrived, they saw that the other students were the exact same way except for Keiko, Tanner, and the other smart people.
 
“How can they be so happy when school is starting again?” Kagome grumbled to Robin. “It's just not right.”
 
“Well, maybe they aren't happy unless they're showing off for their classes,” suggested Robin.
 
“Maybe…” trailed off Michael. “I need to get to class. See you two later.” He waved good-bye and walked off.
 
“You know, he doesn't seem to unhappy to be back here,” observed Kagome.
 
“I think he know something we don't,” replied Robin, dragging her friend to their lockers. “Let's just get rid of all the stuff we don't need, and get to class before the rush.”
 
They mechanically took their stuff out and put more stuff in, then dragged their feet to Mr. Takenaka's room, where Serena was already sitting in her seat.
 
The bell rang far too soon for the students. They came in, groaning all the way. When everyone was seated, Mr. Takenaka cleared his throat and stood up. “Our school has been thinking about getting to know our fellow high schools better, and we've come up with an idea. It's not a good idea, and it may not work, but towards the end of the year, they want to have all the schools in the area go to the park and have a type of overnight party, or something like that. Now,” he bellowed to be heard over the excited talking that his statements caused, “it's not official, and it won't happen until the end of the school year. The teachers were instructed to tell you students, and now that I have, class will begin.”