InuYasha Fan Fiction / Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ The Well's Obsession ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kagome soothed back the other girl's hair while she watched the well through the window in the room. She had appeared in the well several day before she, herself had been sealed to her own time. Her mother, the kind soul that she was, had placed the girl in her room till she could return. She felt some sort of bond with the girl whose aura almost cried out to her in confusion. Yet a happiness flew out to her that warmed her chilled heart. She had a feeling that this girl's other half had not let her down. She smiled as the other girl's eyes flickered open.
"Hello little sun" she whispered at the now tense girl. She raised fearful eyes towards the older of the two. She brushed the girl's golden blonde's hair out of her eyes. The girl flinched away from her touch.
"Who are you?" Kagome let her smile turn into the one she used on Shippo. She could feel the girl ready her powers is the need arouse. Just as she could feel the young girls slight fear of her and her loneliness.
"I'm Kagome Higurashi, little sun. My mother took you in when you came to us. We have been awaiting on your arrival into the world of the living. You've been hovering between the worlds ever since I returned, days ago. If you're hungry I'll fetch you some food." She remained where she sat her hands neatly folded in her lap, eyes shining in her unending amusement. The blonde haired girl felt the power she'd been preparing to attack Kagome with disappear within seconds.
"I'm Robin Sena. What do you mean I've been hovering between worlds for days?" Kagome blinked and sighed.
"The land of the living and the land of the dead. It took you. Look." she hated explaining things if she didn't need to. A habit she picked up after to many betrayals. She knew the only reason she had even spoken to this girl besides the fact that the well had taken her was the bond she felt to the girl. She pointed to the window. She dared not look. It still called to her. Though where it would take her now she did not know. It called for the Champion of Time. IT'S Champion of Time. Robin finally sat up and moved away from her.
"What are we looking at Kagome?" Kagome glanced toward the window before scooting away again. It knew she would come to it again soon. It could wait. She shivered as it sent threads of energy towards her as if to tempt her to come back to it.
"I do not know what you were doing before it took you, but it transported your body, soul, powers, your entire make-up to my home. Why, I do not know and I will not get close enough to ask it. If you feel up to it little Robin, I'll take you downstairs for dinner." Robin nodded looking away from the eerie well. Kagome stood up her slight form towering only a couple of inches over Robin. Robin looked up into Kagome's deep silver-blue eyes and saw wisdom and pain she couldn't understand echoing through her. Kagome held her hand out and Robin took it instinctively knowing she would be safe in this woman's home. Kagome turned and led her to the kitchen to her mother.
"Hello mother, our guest has awoke and is hungry. Has dinner been fixed." Kun-loon looked up at her now more reserved daughter and took note that she was leading their guest by the hand. Perhaps this girl would turn her Kagome into the ball of sunshine she used to be. She smiled brightly at her daughter and nodded.
"Souta is spending the night with a friend of his and your grandfather is with a bunch of his friends and won't be back for a couple of weeks. Now that I'm sure that our lovely guest is awake and is fine I'm going to rush ahead to Takashi's house. Seems he's a little sick. Love you Kags. Bye!" With a wave she was gone leave two blinking girls alone with dinner.