InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ INUYASHA... Enter The Shadow-Realm! ❯ The Final Challenge!! ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER ELEVEN
 
 
Inu Yasha and Kikyo took a few steps forward, and looked around this strange dimension.
 
The sky was all black, blue, and purple. The sand around them was also purple and stretched out further than the eye could see. Even the mist itself was purple.
 
Kikyo was amazed, she was a caretaker of the Shadow-Realm tomb, but had never before the Realm itself.
 
“So this is where the Spirit's of Defeated Duel-Monsters are exiled!” said Kikyo.
 
“Yes; when Duel-Monsters are destroyed, they walk in this limbo forever!” said the Gate Keeper!”
 
“However, if anyone alive were to enter here, their bodies would never age, grow, nor be tired or famished, but if destroyed they would permanently be trapped!”
 
“And to think, Hikaru spent Fifty years in this place!” thought Inu Yasha. “Gate-Keeper, where can we find the Sword of Shadows?”
 
The Gate-Keepers eyes narrowed. “So, you also seek the blade of legend?” he asked.
 
He pointed further up the valley in the direction of a huge building. “The sword you seek lies in that Temple!”
 
“But be warned… many have tried for it, but none have ever succeeded in taking the sword!”
 
Inu Yasha looked confused, “What is there to stop us from taking it?” he asked. “The gate keep pointed over head at hundreds of monsters coming toward them.
 
“But we already destroyed those guys!” said Inu Yasha. “How can they be back?”
 
He got his answer when Kikyo fired a sacred arrow, which vaporized five monsters, only to have them regenerate and come back for more!
 
“Have you figured it out by now?” asked the Gate-Keeper. “Those are the spirits of all the monsters you already destroyed.”
 
“He is right Inu Yasha!” said Kikyo, “It appears that there is nothing more we can do to them!”
 
“Fear not!” said the Gate-Keeper. “I shall hold them off!” He raised his magic staff…
 
“Spirits of monsters young and old!!”
“Obey my commandsand do as you'retold!!”
 
His staff began to glow, and the monsters turned around in their tracks headed the other way.
 
“Whoa, how did you do that?” asked Inu Yasha. “I am the Gate-keeper of this realm, but also a monster guard!” replied Gate-Keeper.
 
“I shall accompany you two on your journey, and keep the monsters away… remember, they can hurt you, but you cannot hurt them!”
 
Kikyo and Inu Yasha nodded, then headed towards the Temple with the Grave keeper.
 
* * *
 
Jaken was finding it hard to stay focused where he was. “Ooh, Lord-Sesshomaru, this is rather dreadful!” he cried.
 
Sesshomaru stopped in his tracks, “From what they Gate-Keeper had said, then I cannot attack these monsters!” he thought.
 
He continued walking towards the Temple, “Ooh, Wait my lord, don't leave me behind!” cried Jaken!
 
“I shall let them find the sword first, and then I will take it from them, and use it to seal Inu Yasha in this limbo forever!” thought Sesshomaru!
 
* * *
 
When they had reached the Temple, the monsters seemed to have stopped following them.
 
The Gate-Keeper pointed beyond what seemed to be a long twisting corridor up ahead.
 
“The Sword rests in a pedestal at the end of the pathway!” he said. “But be warned, it not merely just a simple walk ahead!”
 
Inu Yasha and Kikyo looked up the corridor, and saw nothing but spider webs all over it.
 
It wasn't until they saw all the skeletons and corpses lying dead in the middle of the floor that they felt nervous.
 
“Gate-Keeper, tell us what you mean!” said Kiyko, “What is it that we must beware of!”
 
Gate-Keeper told them, that Ye who finds the sword's resting place, the Temple, must face the final challenge to get it.
 
The final challenge was to make it past three devices of such lethal cunning… Booby-Traps.
 
It was these very traps were set up by the Pharaoh who made the sword, in hopes of keeping the sword protected until it's deserved possessor appeared to claim it.
 
Gate-Keeper himself sought the sword once, but he failed at the first Challenge and was killed.
 
Many had attempted to take the sword, but none have ever made it across the corridor, and ended up dead.
“Can you help us cross them?” asked Inu Yasha. Gate-Keeper shook his head, “No… but I can give the clues that will assist you!”
 
The first challenge was…
 
THE BREATH OF THE PHARAOH
 
And it's clue was…
 
Only the Penitent man will pass
 
 
Second…
 
THE NAME OF THE PHARAOH:
Only by back steppingin Foot-steps of the Pharaoh will ye proceed.
 
 
Third…
 
THE PATH OF THE PHARAOH:
Only in a leap from the lion's head, will Ye prove your worth!
 
Whatever all that was supposed to mean, There was only one way to find out for certain!
 
* * *
 
Back at the Forbidden Mountain, the team had been hastily running along the mountain trail dodging and avoid many traps.
 
Trap holes… Shooting arrows… and many other booby-traps set out to stop them from reaching the top of the mountain.
 
By the end of day, they reached the halfway point had set up camp, taking turns watching for any signs of trouble.
 
The climb had really started to take it's toll them and yet they still had of ways to go.
From the looks of things, the second half of the mountain did seem to be steeper, but was know to be less slipperier!
 
* * *
 
The next morning, everybody woke up to the sound of a familiar voice. “Ohh… a Campfire!” The team looked up, it was Miroku.
 
“Well isn't that all snug and comfy? Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha!!!” With one huge breath, Miroku blew out the remains of the fire.
 
The team all stood up ready for battle.
 
* * *
 
Back up the Castle…
 
“So much for the Traps!” I sniggered. “Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Make sure the traps are de-spelled so they may battle safely!”
 
Kohaku removed the last card from the wall. “It has been taken care of Master-Hikaru!” he said. “Nothing shall interfere with the battle!”
 
“Hm, M, M, M… Excellent!”
 
* * *
 
The team was ready for a final showdown with Miroku, but could they really win the battle without actually having to destroy him?
 
Meanwhile Inu Yasha and Kikyo are still in the Shadow realm looking directly into the jaws of death.
 
Without knowing the dangers these traps along the way to the Sword of Shadows, this was going to be an all or nothing outcome.
 
Even if they do manage to grab the sword, watch out Inu Yahsa, Sesshomaru is right on your tail.