InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Young Priestess ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Yugioh or Inu-Yasha!!!!!

Note: This is a Atem/Kagome fan fiction. There will be a four years part from each other. Just letting you know before hand. Since they are still young, I want them to start out as friends then continue on with having feeling for each other later on. That is the plan at least.

There will be some Japanese words (Their clothing) that I will be using for this story. So for those that do not know what I am saying. Here is something that well make it easier to understand.

Miko (I may use this...) - Priestess or shrine maidens. They were also thought of as Shamans a very long time ago.

Haori – is a Japanese jacket that is worn (If you watch Inu-yasha you know what I mean. That red coat he wears is called a haori)

Hakama – Are a pair of long red divided trousers, it can also be a red slightly pleated skirt (for priestess)

Tabi – Japanese traditional socks that come to the ankle and separation between the big toe and other toes.



The Young Priestess
Written by: Sakura Istar

Prologue

There is a tale.
About a young priestess in a far away land,
that comes to the land of Egypt with her Grandfather.

There she meets a boy,
a prince of Egypt.

And even though it is forbidden,
the young prince cannot help himself from falling in love with the girl.

What future will these two have?
Will she return to her place of birth?
Or will she stay in the sands of Egypt with the Prince?

Only time will tell,
this is the tale of the young priestess and the prince of Egypt.


A frown formed on the fourteen year old boy, as he watch the sick form of his father. He had become sick for over a week now and the healer could not find what was wrong with their Pharaoh. His father was a great and powerful man, he was respected all over Egypt --- for he is a good and kind king. He also sent fear into his enemies. And when the time came, the young prince would take over the throne and become the new Pharaoh of Egypt. But now was not time for him to do so. He did not want to admit it, but it was looking like it was close for him to rule the land --- because of his fathers sickness. He was told by the healer that the Pharaoh could die, if they did not find a cure. That was one thing that he hoped would never happen. His father was his only family that he had, beside his cousin Seto of course. His mother had died when he was only two and he could not remember the love of his mother that gave birth to him.

He didn't want to lose his father too.

And he did not want to become Pharaoh at a young age.

There would be only to ways for him to become Pharaoh 1.) He is to marry or 2.) His father dies and he takes over the throne. He did not want neither. But he knew that one day that he would have to marry a Egyptian girl or a princess of another land and he maybe a boy but, he did not want to marry a girl because of status. He wanted to find a girl that he was in love with, just as his father loved his mother and even after her death --- he still loved her and he would not take another wife. And the prince wondered what kind of love was that? To actually fall in love with someone? But now was not the time to think of such thoughts. He needed to be more worried for his fathers life. Aknamkanon --- the Pharaoh, looked at his son and saw the deep frown on his face.

“What is wrong, my son?” the prince blinked his ruby-red eyes as he stared into the brown colored eyes of his ill father. “Just thinking, father.” was his reply. “You are in deep thought... are you worried that I will be taken to the world of the dead?” he asked. The boy nodded his head. His father just smiled. “Do not worry yourself over me, when my time comes --- that will be the time I will be taken to the land of the dead, then reunite with your mother.”
He was acting like he was about to die at any moment and he didn't like that kind of talk.

“When is this healer to come? The one from the far away land that I have been hearing about?” The prince did not want to talk about death. The Pharaoh turned his head away from his son. “I hear in one or two days time.” It is after all a long trip from that land to here in Egypt.” he said softly, trying to catch his breath as it was becoming hard to speak. “Which land does he hail from?”

“Japan is its name. I hear that it is very different from our land. I have heard of a thing called snow that falls from the heavenly skies.” The prince blinked at hearing this, and he wondered what snow was like...? But before he could ask further he heard a knock on the door. “Come in” said the prince. A Egyptian guard came in and bowed. “My Pharaoh, my Prince--- he has arrived.” The prince nodded and watch as he left the room. Then a old man with pale white skin with a long mustache and bred and short white hair that was pulled into a short ponytail. His outfit was something that he had never seen before. It was a white haori with a pair of red hakama, white tabi socks with brown thonged sandals on his feet. A guard came in behind him. The old man smiled and bowed his head. “I am the healer from the land of Japan.”

End Prologue

So this is the prologue... how was it? Is Atem's (the princes) daddy going to be alright? Well you just have to wait till the next chapter to find out ^.^ Anyways I have never used any form of Japanese words before (I had to look it up...) but I thought it would be best for this story if I did. There will be some Japanese words that Kagome will say in the next chapter, but only a little.
Converting /tmp/phpDKjyKG to /dev/stdout