InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Roses ❯ Prologue- Jumbled Memories ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Well, hello. This is my first story so go easy on me. This was basically planned over night so it might be a bit weird at first. I do not own any of these shows. Yu Yu Hakusho belongs to Yoshihiro Togashi. Inu Yasha belongs to Rumiko Takahasi. Sailor Moon belongs to Naoko Takeuchi. Card Captor Sakura belongs to Clamp. Thank you!
 
“Talking”
`Thinking'
`Telepathy'- this won't come in for a while
 
Well, here goes nothing.

 
The Roses
 
Prologue- Jumbled Memories
 

I watched from a top the building as the demons ran amok through the human village. A sly grin plastered itself across my face as I kneeled down, brushing coppery red hair out of my eyes. Bracing myself I pushed off the ledge of the palace, flipping in mid-air to land on my feet. I spun around, kicking the demon coming up to me in the head. Straitening, I smirked at the demon and took off, following my senses.
 

 
I stared hard into the bright blue eyes, trying to decide if I should listen or just get out of there at all costs. “You're tricky to find. Like any smart demon would be.”
 

My eyes snapped back to her, narrowed in distrust. “Who are you? What do you want?” The girl, human by all appearances but most certainty not, laughed the sound ringing like bells. “My name is not important. However, what I want is.” My eyes narrowed even farther. This, I decided, didn't sound very good.
 
 
There was something odd about the girl. If I had to guess, I'd say it was the eyes. The violet eyes were dark, holding a strange sadness that didn't belong on one so young, let alone a demon. I shook the thought off as the girl looked up at me and slowly nodded. “Okay,” she breathed, “I'll do it.”

 
I couldn't really see. There was blood splattered in one eye and the other was swelling. Despite the gash in my legs I remained standing. Pain washed over me in waves and I felt about ready to collapse. But I didn't, pushing it to the back of my mind. I had other things to worry about. Like the way Violet looked like she was ready to just give up, like the way Blue was barely standing, or how Grey was laying unmoving on the ground mere feet from me. We'd fought hard but now we could barely able to stay conscious, let alone fight. I watched in horror as a sword was driven through Violet. Oh God, she was just a little kid.
 
By the time Blue fell I was disconnected from the world around, watching but unable to help. It hurt, this was my family. Tears gathered at the corner of my eyes as I stared at them. Grey had yet to move, I doubted she ever would. The blood that pooled around Violet was so great I was sure that the young one was dead. Blue's eyes were open but dull, blood dripping from her mouth.
 
I looked up as someone approached I. “Look's like the Rose's are all wilted, ne?” Rage boiled in me, but I didn't have the energy to strike. I watched as my vision grew dark. I saw the man above me laugh but the sound had disappeared, nothing but static. I slumped forward, my eyes on my team. I wish it wasn't the last thing I see but I doubt that my prayers will be answered. I'd wake up and they'd all be dead. Or I wouldn't wake up at all. I prayed for the latter.