InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Roses ❯ The End of an Era ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Oh come on people, update already. This is the third freaking chapter, including the prologue. At this point a bad review would make me happy. It will take you what, three seconds. Disclaimer- I do not own YuYu Hakusho, Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, or Card Captor Sakura. They are the property of their respected owners. Well here's the first chapter. Thank You!
“Talking”
`Thinking'
`Telepathy'- this won't come in for a while

Chapter 2- The End of an Era
 
Kagome stared at the people gathered around her and the well on which she sat. Slowly she stood and walked over to the first couple. She smiled at him. “Inuyasha.” He nodded, his silver hair swaying with the movement. He stepped forward and wrapped his arms around her. Accepting the hug she buried her fingers in the thick silver mane, her fingertips brushing his neck. When she pulled back she lifted her hands over his head. Golden eyes widened at the sight of the purple beads held loosely in her hands. “I'll come back someday okay?” she whispered. He nodded lightly. The beads in her hands glowed slightly and when the light died down she slipped it back over his head. “It won't subdue you any more; merely alert you when I come back. Plus, it looks good on you.”
 
Winking she turned to the woman beside him. A smile graced her face as she thought about it. Her present to Inuyasha for keeping her safe though the journey, Kikyo. After the battle with Naraku she had used her powers and returned Kikyo to normal. After that they became good friends, especially after Kagome admitted that she merely thought of Inuyasha as an older brother. The older woman hugged her and whispered into her ear. “You were never my reincarnation.”
 
Kagome pulled back, “I know, the jewel merely didn't want to give up its guardian so it bestrode some of your characteristics onto me.” The older woman nodded and smiled at her. Gently she pulled something off from around her neck and put it in Kagome's hand. Kagome's brown eyes widened in surprise as she stared at the pink jewel in her hand. “Kikyo I can't take this.”
 
Kikyo shook her head lightly. “Yes you can. It's yours to protect.” She shrugged, “Besides it'll be safer in your time.” Kagome nodded but inwardly winced. Right she never did mention that one run in with a demon. But she didn't bother to correct her.
 
Hugging the couple one last time she moved on. She stopped in front of Miroku and hugged him, and surprisingly, his hand didn't stray. She pulled back and stared at his hand. Slowly she looked up at him. “I'm sorry the curse didn't go away.” He shrugged lightly and waved it off. “At least I can protect the village till I die.” He said.
 
Frowning she pulled his hand towards her and placed her free hand over the cloth and prayer beads. Her hand glowed softly and that glow moved down to cover his hand. “I might not be able to completely remove the curse but I can stop it from killing you.” When the glowing stopped she smiled at him. “More of a gift than a curse now, huh?” Everyone stared at her in surprise before Miroku swept her into another hug. He then pulled away and wrapped an arm around Sango's shoulders.
 
Sango sighed and shrugged off the monk's hand. She stepped forward and wrapped her arms the younger girl. “I'm going to miss you.” She whispered. Kagome pulled back. “You'll see me again, don't worry.” Sango nodded and held on even more. Slowly the two pulled apart and Kagome kneeled down in front of the crying fox next to her. She reached out with one hand and smoothed back his hair. “Don't cry Shippo, this isn't permanent. Just until I learn how to unseal the well, okay?” He nodded and jumped into her arms, burying his head in her chest.
 
A minute later another kid rushed to her, latching on to her arm. Shifting she held Rin to her, letting the younger girl cry herself dry. “Shh, no need to cry.” After awhile the two pulled back. “Y-your coming b-back.” Rin gasped out, trying to sound like she believed her. Kagome nodded and stood. Handing Shippo to Sango she turned and walked over to the last person in the group, carrying Rin with her. She stopped and smiled up at the towering demon. She dipped into a small, joking bow before reaching forward and shaking his hand. “I'll be seeing you.” She whispered. He nodded lightly. “I'll be waiting.”
 
That demon she'd forgotten to mention had been him, Sesshomaru. He had explained everything he could to her, told her about the Makai and Reikai. About the barrier and what had happened to her friends. And that he'd be waiting for her to complete her journey. He also said that after that he'd probably have to return to his home in the Makai.
 
She pulled back and guided Rin to him. Walking over to the well, she stood on the edge and turned to them. Smiling sadly she waved and leaned back, letting herself fall over the ledge. The blue light shone around her as she fell and the tears she had held on to dripped down her face as she fell through time.

Kagome sighed softly and leaned down, falling easily onto her bed. Today had been like every other day since the well had closed, plastic smiles, and boring classes. She felt like she didn't belong, like this world was no longer her place. She needed to get that well open. The only relief was Sesshomaru's infrequent visits to the house, once in every four weeks. She really needed to get that well open.
 
She rolled on to her back, black hair surrounding her like a fan. She reached up to her neck and pulled the jewel up to her eye level. She glared at it then let it fall back to her chest. Shifting onto her side her closed her eyes, easily falling asleep as a final thought flew through her head. `I wish things would pick a around here.'
 
After she had fully fallen asleep the Jewel glowed and slowly sank into her skin till it was once again inside her body. “Your wish has been granted. It's time to learn who you once were.” Four voices whispered inside her head. Her eyes fluttered as images raced though her head.
 
I stared at the redhead in front of me, a smirk playing across my face. She was perfect. For once the rumors were true. “You're hard to find. Like any good demon would be.” I said, watching as the coal black eyes snapped back to me. My smirk widened. I'd get what I wanted, rather she liked it or not.
 
There was something weird about the kid, a misplaced air. A strange sort of depression. The girl probably wouldn't even fight when they got in trouble. That was why I was slightly surprised when the girl looked up at Black next to me and whispered, “Okay. I'll do it.”
 
This was fun, really it was. Being beaten up and poisoned to the point where I could barely stand by Spirit World puppets always made my day. Ah, that was being selfish. At least I could still move. Black over there was bound so tightly in seals that she couldn't even close her eyes. But Grey… well I had no delusions that the girl was dead. I felt the air take a sudden twist and spun around. The sight that greeted me was one of Violet falling to the ground as a sword was pulled out of her ribcage. The girl was dead before she hit the ground.
 
I turned back around and stared into Black's eyes. The girl, woman, whom we'd all looked to when we got in a seriously messed up position, was starring straight ahead, eyes dull. She'd given up, knew I couldn't get the two of us out of here, even with all my power. Truth was I don't think she wanted me to, not now that it was too late. The poison flowing through my body caught up with me and my sight blurred to the point where I lost my balance and fell to my knees. Something hit my jaw and I fell backwards, blood rushing past my lips. Through my darkening eyesight I could see Black, her eyes and checks shining. It was my imagination, Black doesn't cry, no matter what.
 
Kagome shot up, a scream dieing on her lips. Panting slightly she swung her feet off the bed and walked down the hall to the bathroom. She stumbled in, her hand managing to find the light switch. She placed her hands on both sides off the sink and just stood there. Then slowly one hand traveled down to the drawer beside her and pulled it open. She didn't look down as she shuffled around and pulled something out. Popping of the cap and twisting it open with one hand she brought it up to the mirror and wrote, her head still bowed and left hand braced on the sink. Dropping the object in her hand to the floor she looked up, staring at the thick red lipstick smeared across the mirror. The Blue Rose.
 
`My true face,' Kagome thought. `Is one of a demon.' She shifted her gaze to stare past the lipstick and at her own reflection. Her eyes were shining a bright, unearthly, inhuman, blue. She watched as the color faded back to its normal brown color. Shaking her head she shut off the light, easily finding her way through the darkness to her bed.
 
She laid down, closing her eyes. A second later her eyes shot open again, her hand flying to her neck. She felt the silver necklace but not the jewel that hung from it. She closed her eyes, searching for the jewel with her powers. When she'd first found Sesshomaru and told him how weak her powers really were he made an offer to train her. An offer she readily accepted. Her eyes blinked open when she found its aura right next to her. Or rather, in her. Her hand slid down to the place on her side where the jewel was ripped out. “Oh.” She whispered. Groaning she flopped onto her back on forced herself to sleep.