InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Roses ❯ Training ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Since so many people seem to be interested I put the pairings in the summary. Most of them will only be hinted. You'll see why at the end. God, I really didn't like writing this chapter, it was a major pain. My families coming in for the next two days so I might not be able to update for awhile. Disclaimer- I do not own YuYu Hakusho, Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, or Card Captor Sakura. They are the property of their respected owners.
*- If you've ever seen the episode Memento Mori from the show Stargate Sg-1 it's the same move Vala performs in the beginning.
“Talking”
`Thinking'
`Telepathy'
 
Chapter 11-Training
 
Keiko shook her head, a small smile crossing her lips. It figures really, the she would be the last one here. Tomoyo was setting up some sort of camera near the house while Kagome and Hotaru sat in the middle of the courtyard, talking softly. “Someone want to tell me why she has a camera?” she called out.
 
Tomoyo looked over at her while the other two scrambled to their feet. Tomoyo smiled, “It's so that when we're done we can see what we're doing wrong.” Keiko nodded slowly. “You said you were bringing clothes.” Tomoyo nodded and picked up a small bag at her feet. “I was waiting for you to get here before I passed these out.” She stated and the bundle of clothing in her hand lifted up on floated over to Keiko, dropping on top of her head. Sighing, Keiko grabbed the outfit off her head and walked into the house to change.
 
“Tomoyo, I'll admit it. I'm surprised.” Keiko said as she spun in a circle. The shirt clung to her middle while the long white sleeves were loose to allow movement where needed. The shirt its self was white but black rose petals decorated the draping sleeves. The pants were loose and a sharp black, the ends decorated in icicles. The shoes that accompanied it were the normal black fighting shoes. She looked up at Tomoyo and smiled. “Nice gob.”
 
The girl beamed and turned around to help the other two. Tomoyo herself was dressed in something similar but the shirt was a soft amethyst with grey petals and the bottoms were black with water on the edges. Kagome was dressed in a black top with blue petals and white pants with soft blue tints in the design of the wind. Hotaru was dressed in a grey top with violet petals and black pants with lightning across the ends. Tomoyo turned back to her, “Ready.”
 
Keiko nodded lightly. “Kagome, target practice?” The woman nodded and turned to Tomoyo. The girl sighed and waved her hand, targets dancing in from around the house. Keiko shook her head. “Tomoyo, you first. Weapon then your minor.” Tomoyo nodded and stepped forward. The ring that had been resting on her middle finger glowed softly and disappeared, replaced by a 9mm handgun. Tomoyo brought it up and aimed, firing five shots. Three hit the big red dot in the middle; one hit the edge, while the last one wasn't even close to the target. Keiko winced and shook her head. “I'm going to have to get used to the rebound again.” Tomoyo whispered and took out the clip to stare at the remaining bullets. “It may take awhile.” She whispered. Keiko nodded and raised her hand, three ice shards appearing in her palm. “Heads up.” She whispered and threw them at the girls head. Tomoyo raised her hand and three shots of water rushed out, shattering the ice. Tomoyo turned her head to stare at the broken shards and shrugged. “Well that still works.” She frowned at them and the pieces floated up, fixing themselves. Keiko laughed lightly and waved her hand, causing the ice to disappear. “Not bad.” Tomoyo smiled and walked over to the camera to work it.
 
Kagome stepped up, “My turn.” She raised her hand and her power spiked, dancing around her form before fixing itself into the shape of a bow, an arrow appearing in her other hand. She drew back the string, closing one eye to aim. After releasing the arrow she repeated the process three more times. Two hit the middle ring while the other two hit the center. Kagome grinned and let the bow dissipate. Keiko grinned and threw three pieces of ice at her. Air whipped around her and the icicles got caught in the current, thrashed about before being pushed roughly to the ground. Keiko nodded, “Hotaru, I think we're going to need to do you a bit differently.” She stated as Kagome came to stand beside her.
 
Hotaru nodded and spun her glaive around. “Sure, sure. Whatever.” Keiko sighed and held out her hand, the ice shards appearing, “Stop them.” She whispered and threw them at her. Hotaru's eyes narrowed and the glaive came up, cutting the three icicles in half. Hotaru looked up to see three more pieces flying towards her. She raised her hand and brought it down, lightning following her fingertips. The ice shattered on impact. Grinning Hotaru straightened and looked over at Keiko.
 
The brunette sighed and walked forward. Ice formed in her hand, the size of her palm, and she grabbed them, holding them with expert grace. She took a deep breath and threw them, cutting through the air like daggers. Two landed around the red dot while the third hit dead center. Tomoyo stepped up from around the camera and raised her hand, letting a jet stream of water out. Keiko raised her hand and the water froze before dropping like a bag of potatoes.
 
Keiko smiled and walked over to them, “What now?” Kagome grinned. “Spar. No weapons, only your powers. We don't need Tomoyo blasting holes into people.” Tomoyo smiled innocently from where she stood. “That's fine by me.” She called and slid the ring off, sliding the strap on the camera through it and walking to the middle. She waved her hand and the targets danced out. Smiling, Hotaru walked out after her. Keiko shook her head lightly- she'd been doing that a lot lately- and walked over to them. Standing between them she shook her head and slashed her arm down, turning and running back to the sidelines.
 
Tomoyo pushed herself off the ground and aimed a sharp kick at Hotaru's head. The girl ducked down and swept her foot out. Tomoyo jumped up and flipped backwards. Tomoyo smiled and ran forward; Hotaru dodged to the side to avoid the punch aimed at her gut. Spinning, Hotaru brought her hand down towards Tomoyo's neck, aiming for the pressure point. The girl reached up and grabbed her hand. Tomoyo twisted the wrist in her hand and brought the arm up at uncomfortable angle. Spinning around the girl, while still holding on to the arm, Tomoyo elbowed her in the side*.
 
Hotaru jerked her arm back and stumbled out of her grasp. She shook her arm and glared at her, “That hurt.” She hissed. Tomoyo merely smiled blatantly. Sighing, Hotaru rushed forward and swiped at the girl. Tomoyo stepped back to avoid being cut but Hotaru hit her hair and the pieces fell to the ground. Tomoyo continued to step back as Hotaru tried to hit her. Shifting her weight Tomoyo grabbed the next punch thrown at her and pushed off so that her feet were hanging above her head and her hands were locked around Hotaru's arm. Letting go Tomoyo landed behind the girl and warped an arm around the girl's neck. With careful pressure Tomoyo set the girl to sleep and sat down, laying the girl's head in her lap till she woke up.
 
Kagome and Keiko walked over to her. Keiko kneeled in front of her. “You've changed. Before you never would have been able to beat her.” Tomoyo smiled wistfully. “It's this body. While my demon form is stronger and can handle more this form allows me to move like I couldn't before.” Keiko smiled and ruffled her hair. In her lap Hotaru groaned and laid an arm across her eyes. “I'm going to strangle her when I finish waking up.” Tomoyo laughed, “But of course.” Hotaru brought the hand away from her eyes and glared up at her. “Why don't we go inside and take a break?” Kagome suggested. The three looked at her and nodded. Smiling Tomoyo cheerfully shoved Hotaru off her lap and entered the house. “Come on, you slowpokes.” Tomoyo called from inside the house. Keiko leaned over to whisper to Kagome. “Should I shut off her camera?” the two looked at each other and shook their heads. “Nah.”