InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Concrete Angel ❯ Peace, Lost and Found ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Concrete Angel
By, Natsumi Tsuchi-Ookami

Chapter 1
~Peace, Lost and Found~

The peace of the night was solid. Nothing was moving or making a sound. That’s why many heard when it was broken. But no one was willing to try and restore it. It was a conduct that was all too familiar to them. They heard the screams. They heard the sound of something hitting the walls and floors of the building right next-door. They heard the crash of a lamp or vase when they hit those solid borders. They even heard the door of that neighboring house open and close with a girl running away to find a new peace, for even just a night, with the only person that cared for her in her arms, crying but unconscious.

A girl ran through night in what you would think would be blindly. She ran fast and far. She ran to one of her only solaces. The park. She ran till she got to her favorite tree were she leaned her back against its hard skin and slid herself down till she touched the roots. Panting she almost fell asleep but noticed the bundle in her arms was still harboring little flowing rivers and wanted it to end. She opened her mouth and began to sing a lullaby that she knew would bring rest to burden. Unaware that she had an audience other than the little boy in her arms.

Hush my child,
Do not fear,
You're not alone,
For I am here.

I won't leave you,
Nothing can make me,
Not even the heavens,
That are above me.

You are my heart,
My mind and soul,
Bringing you happiness,
Is my goal.

So hush my child,
Do not fear,
You're not alone,
For I am here.

She tucked the boy, now snoring softly, closer in her arms. Making sure not to suffocate him while she kept him and herself warm. Finally with nothing else to do she started to dose off. But before she could go completely into her dreams there was a rustle in the branches above her. Followed by a boy, looking her age, landing in front of her, and staring down at her. He gave her a look over.

She had mid-back, black hair, with some sticking to her face with sweat. She looked to be about fifteen and wore a black dress with silver wavy designs all over and matching black sandals. She had sapphire colored eyes that shined with shock and weariness. But even though his eyes hung in hers for longer than necessary they stayed on the bruises that were sported all over her body as well as the boy in her arms. The boy’s eyes were closed and he had the same colored hair but only the length of a usual boys.

While he had been investigating her and her brother she had been giving an investigation of her own. His hair defied the law of gravity as it stood up. A little, white, half-star in it. A white bandanna across hi forehead. He had black pants, boots, and coat with a white collar. Probably had a black shirt on under the cloak. I wouldn’t surprise her. He had golden eyes that hid just about everything. The only emotion that could be found was curiosity.

The girl finally realizing that the person in front of her wasn’t going to cause her harm she let go of the pent up breath and relaxed her hold on her brother. Both of which she did not know she had been doing. She also realized that if anything was going to happen she would have to make the first move.

“Kagome,” she said a bit timidly.

“Hn?” he replied curiously.

“I’m Kagome. What’s your name?” she asked more clearly and confidently.

“Hiei,” the boy said after a long pause.

At this Kagome gave him shy smile. They stayed like this for some time. The silence broke when Kagome yawned, causing Hiei to quirk an eyebrow, and Kagome to look away from embarrassment. When she looked back Hiei inclined his head above him. Kagome looked up and then looked back at him. Giving him a hard stare she nodded and stood up still holding her brother.

She hunched over her bundle and after a pause where everything was silent. The air suddenly tensed and little bulbs stared to form on the girls back. They went from small to big to huge in a madder of seconds. Then the skin seemed to rip and out sprouted glorious black wings. They seemed to be twice the size of her body when she spread the m out as she stood strait. She then crouched down and jumped slightly up to give her wings better moment as they flapped. She headed to a high branch in the large tree. Finding a suitable spot, she sat down and had her wings cover her brother and herself in a protective cocoon.

Back down on the ground the boy Hiei raised his eyebrow again when he heard them settle down and totally forget his presence. Jumping up from branch to branch, he lands a little ways away but on the same branch. Crouching down, he keeps watch while the two in there shell finally manage to sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
The lullaby is by me and if anyone would like to use it please ask my permission first. The basis of this story is going be from the song “Concrete Angel” by Martina McBride. Although the actual song won’t appear for a while. Remember it is loosely based, so it will hopefully be very sad. That’s how it’s supposed to be.

Converting /tmp/phpDjGo6Q to /dev/stdout