InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Concrete Angel ❯ We part but you’re still watching ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Thank to those who told me that Hiei’s eyes are red. I checked and they were right. I had an inkling that they were, but wasn’t positive. I would go back and make the changes like I should…. But I’m just too damn lazy. And to worn you right now, I am in a weird mood so this chapter (even though I have a fine outline) is going to be a little different from the last. You have been warned. Don't own Inuyasha or Yu Yu Hakusho.

Also, Thoughts from now on are going to be in Italics and one quotation mark. Just so you know.

-Natsumi out!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 2
~We part but you’re still watching~

As the sun slowly rises in the East is casts its’ first light on three innocent children. In most stories people have there light shining through the window or even in a field of flowers for the romantics out in this world. But this is not most stories. This is my story. And in my story it shines in a tree. Yes. A tall, full of leaves and waking birds, tree.

In the tree a winged cocoon slowly cracks open revealing a maiden with a young lad cradled lovingly in her arms. The maiden, who is now known to the world as the owner of the wings, opens her eyes but yet quickly shuts them again when the brightness of the rising sun enters them. Opening them again, but slowly as to give them time to adjust, she looks around at her surrounding. As she takes in her surroundings she sees a boy that looks vaguely familiar. Her eyes widen as she stares at him remembering her late night adventure in the park.

Many moments of just sitting there staring at the boy in all black and she finally notices that his eyes are open and staring back. Apparently, they have been open the whole time. Kagome blushes and turn away distracting herself by checking on the boy in her arms. He is still asleep but will most likely wake up soon.

Looking back up at the man, whose name she now remembered to be Hiei, she noticed that he was no longer there but she could still feel him watching her and her brother. Grasping her brother tightly, she positioned her wings into an arc-like form and slid off the branch. Repositioning her black appendages with the air current, she slowly descended as to not disturb the most precious thing to her heart.

Kagome landed softly on the ground and crouched down, absorbing the impact. She looked at her brother as she caressed his face, waking him gently.

He tensed for a moment before relaxing completely, knowing he was not in the arms of his attacker but the one who would sacrifice her very life for him. He opened up his eyes and looked up at his sister. He smiled at her as he stood but did no leave the protection of her arms.

"Good morning Kagome," he whispered to his sister.

"Good morning Souta," she whispered back to her brother. “I believe it is time that we head back to the house,” she told him with a sigh, and gripped him tightly again in her arms when she told of where they were going.

“Fine,” he said dejectedly as he left her embrace but took her hand for the walk to the house.

As they walked, with elder on the outside and the younger on the inside of the sidewalk, Kagome noticed that, even though they had left the park, Hiei was still following them. He wasn’t in plain site (she had a feeling that he didn’t like to socialize in any way) but she new that she felt him keeping in stride with them, most likely on top of the roof tops.

Every once in a while she looked on the roof tops trying to spot their escort. Each time her efforts were in vain but she still kept looking.

Souta, noticing his sister’s inattention and wandering eyes, looked around. “What is out there nee-chan?”

She looked at him from the corner of her eye as she answered, “Just a guardian angel…yes, a quiet guardian angel,” she smiled softly.

“A ‘quiet guardian angel?’” he looked at her confused.

“Why yes,” she said, “You see, angels can’t talk, or just don’t like to talk I guess, so what you have to do is look into their eyes to get their message. Do you understand?” she explained and asked.

“Ya’, in some weird way, that actually made some sense.” Giving her a sly smile, purposely baiting her.

In return she lightly punched him in the arm and playfully ruffled his hair as they reached their house of residence.

They quieted as they reached the door. Entering the house silently, they exited again in less than five minutes. Both had yet to change out of their previous clothing, but they did have their backpacks and lunch bags.

Kagome took Souta to school, and then went to her own. All the while, trying in vain to catch a glimpse of their protector.

**********
On a roof top across the street a hybrid stood watching the strange girl enter the building of education.

“’Guardian angel,’” he scoffed. He turned to leave, but hesitated. ‘Why not?’ He thought, ‘It will entertain me until something more entertaining comes along and interrupts my life.’

With that he sat down on the building, watching the girl enter the classroom and sit down at her desk. Whispers and stares following her the whole way and staying there until the teacher took the attention away.

“That may not be for a while yet.”