InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Darkness Always Has a Light ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hi people! This is my first IY/YYH crossover, so please no flames or I’ll just flame right back. The main pairing is already decided which is going to be Hiei/Kag. Remember the more reviews I get, the faster I'll update.
Disclaimer; I don't and never will own Inuyasha or Yu Yu Hakusho, so knock it off already! Oh but I do own the plot! Well…at least I hope so…XD
Note: Words in italics are flashbacks, thoughts, or emphasized text.

Welcome to Darkness Always Has a Light
Prologue
--------------------
Why does fate always have to be so cruel? Why must everyone leave the people they supposedly love? I'll tell you why. It's because of the evil that resides in this world, that feed off the suffering of family and friends.
That's what happened to me, a once normal teenage girl that fell down a well, trying to defeat the evil, which destroyed so many innocent lives. And all of this happened because of the legendary Shikon no Tama, in which I have the burden of being it's guardian and keeping it from falling in to the hands of evil it's self.
Sure it looks innocent, and can grant a wish, but let me tell you this…not one wish that has been granted by the Shikon no Tama has brought good. It brings pain and suffering to the innocent. Just like what it did to my first love…my adoptive son…my sister by spirit and heart…and my brother like figure.
Inuyasha, an inu hanyou. It all began with the Shikon. He fell in love with the priestess, Kikyou. Kikyou asked Inuyasha if he would turn human for her, so they could be together and she could be lifted of the burden of the Shikon no Tama.
But before they could do this they got tricked into believing each other betrayed them. Kikyou though Inuyasha had stolen the Shikon from her so she went after him. When she was fatally wounded she shot an arrow with the last of her strength, sealing Inuyasha to the God Tree. Kikyou's last request to her little sister was to have the jewel burned with her body.
But this was all Naraku's doing, an evil hanyou seeking the power of the Shikon.
During the final battle he gave his life saving me, and uttered his last words.
Shippo, a kitsune kit. His father was killed by the Thunder Brothers, because of a Shikon shard. He was left orphaned, and so he joined are group. Over time he became like a son to me and thus became my adoptive son.
During the final battle he died protecting me…I blame myself for his death..and most of all it was all because of the damn Shikon no Tama.
Miroku, a perverted monk with a curse in his right hand a wind tunnel that can suck up almost anything in it's path. The curse was passed down to every male born in his family, and was caused by Naraku. He also joined are group on the quest to find the Shikon shards.
Sango, a Taijiya, She, her family, and some close friends, had been sent on a mission to a castle far away from her village to destroy a youkai. Shortly after the youkai was destroyed though, her brother was possessed by another demon and began to slaughter everyone they had come with them.
At the time they didn't know that though. It wasn't until the Taijiya had to do battle with her little brother that she saw the thread leading back to the king of the castle. She than realized that the king had been killed and an impostor was in it's place.
Kicking her little brother to get him out of the way she headed over to where the king was. However he knew that she knew his true identity so he told the guards to kill both her and her brother while he released his hold on her brother. The men shot them with arrows just as the prince came out and killed his supposed father.
However, Sango wasn't dead, and was nursed back to stable health by the prince for payment of the horrid deed. It was then that she found out her village had been slaughtered by the hanyou, or so she thought.
She later found out it was the youkai that we where currently chasing that had slaughtered her village. So she joined are group in the quest for vengeance as well as the quest for the shards.
During that time we became best friends. We shared secrets with each other, talked about things and personal problems. During the final battle she had to watch the man she loved being slaughtered while protecting her, he was slaughtered by Naraku.

The stench of blood was heavy in the air. Youkai and human remains lay scattered and drenched in blood, where a grassy field once was.
Kagome watched as Miroku jumped in front of Sango to take the blow that was meant for her. The tentacle went right through his stomach, causing him to fall forward. Sango called out while running to his side. "Miroku! No!" She yelled while tears streamed down her face.
"Sango-chan, you called me...by my name.." He croaked, while his breathing was ragged.
"Of course I did Miroku-kun." She whispered, stroking his cheek with her thumb.
"Sango-chan..I want you to know that I...I love you…" He whispered. Reaching out a hand, he clutched her hand in his.
"I love you too, Miroku." Kissing him gently on his lips while his breathing slowed and finally stopped.
Kagome looked away from the tragic couple, just in time to see an orange blur that was Shippo jump in front of her, getting whacked aside from a demon's tail that was aiming for her.
SHIPPO!” She screamed while aiming her katana at the youkai that hurt her son. She used all of her strength, thrusting her katana in it's gut while twisting it out.
"Nobody hurts my Shippo and gets away with it.” She muttered fiercely as the demon dropped to the ground, dead. She then ran over to where Shippo lay, in his own blood.
Okaa-san...I'm scared…” He whimpered. She took him in her arms and cradled him too her chest, gently brushing his auburn bangs away from falling into his eyes.
"It's ok Shippo, I'm here." She soothed, while blinking back her tears.
"I love you okaa-san…” His voice barely above a whisper before he went limp in her arms, and his breathing ceased.
"I love you too, Shippo.” She whispered softly as she placed one last kiss on her son’s forehead. She gently lied him down on the ground. A couple tears escaped her eyes as she got up, and grabbed her hamaya.
Kagome had tears in her eyes from anger now, she had lost her brother figure and now her adoptive son. She was notching an arrow to shoot at another youkai when Inuyasha's voice rang out, "Kagome! Behind you!” She just turned to see a figure clad in red block the youkai’s claws from slicing her in half, but Inuyasha took the hit, the claws went right through his chest right below the heart. Kagome watched in horror as the youkai slowly took out his blood stained claws causing it to make a slurping sound and the blood to run freely.
Time seemed to slow as inuyasha dropped to his knees, falling forward into the blood stained earth. She rushed forward to Inuyasha's side and turned him over, her body shaking with unsuppressed sobs.
Inuyasha gazed at her tear stained face. "Don't cry, Kagome. I hate when girls cry,” He whispered weakly while raising a hand to wipe away her tears.
"Please don't die Inu. I'll have nothing to live for…” She hiccupped while holding his head in her lap.
"Stupid girl, you have your family. Don't worry about me, live on with your life…And…" He muttered quietly while letting a gentle smile grace his lips, hesitating.
What…?” She looked at him worriedly while wiping the blood off of his face with her already dirty sleeve.
Promise me that you'll go back to your time.”
She gazed at him again,, “I promise.”
"Good…and I want you to know that I’ll always be with you…and that I love you.." He whispered softly.
"I love you too…” And with that, she leaned down and pressed her lips softly on his in a chaste kiss for a final good bye. His breathing stopped and his youki vanished, his amber eyes glazed over, forever haunting her in her dreams.
Kagome began to sob as she hugged Inuyasha's body to her own as it began to rain, thunder crackled in the sky…
The young miko said her final goodbye and got up, wiping her tears away. If you where to look in her eyes you would see the fire burning hatred in their brilliant blue depths.
"Naraku! If you truly want the rest of the Shikon shards, come and face me, you coward!" She yelled, hatred clearly detected in her voice. A cruel and haunting laugh echoed the battlefield as he came forward, about thirty feet in front of the raged miko.
"Kukukuku…Ah ah ah, my little miko, no need to get angry now. Although I suppose it is because I killed your three friends, is it not?" He taunted while meeting his own crimson orbs with sapphire ones.
"Bastard, how dare you talk about my friends that way, they didn't deserve to die! Now I will avenge my friend’s deaths. Prepare to die, Naraku!" She yelled and knew no more. Her sapphire orb turned white, and her body began to glow an eerie white, while her wet raven tresses whipped behind her. Her aura flared with enormous power, as it crackled with purifying energy. The rain seemed to come down harder like miniature needles, as the lightning flashed in the sky. One would say she looked like an angel, but others knew better. She was deadly.
‘How can this be?’ Naraku wondered, while still grimacing as her aura filled with purifying energy, grazed against his own.
Then it was like in slow motion. She released an enormous amount of purifying energy, and it was sent in waves. Every demon that it touched was turned to ash.
"You will not kill me this easily, my little miko. Until we meet again…" Naraku sneered, as he was turned into nothing but ash.
Kagome dropped to her knees, breathing in ragged breaths. She crawled over to where Inuyasha's body lay she hugged his body until she was shaking with sobs. She felt warm arms warp around her as her friend as well, cried for the ones they lost. The rain seemed to pound onto they’re backs like piercing needles but they didn't seem to care, it was like the sky was weeping with them as well.
Kirara limped over to where the two best friends and comrade’s where, and nuzzled both of the sobbing girls, in an attempt to bring some form of comfort.
As it continued to rain, the blood that stained the dirt and grass shall ever remain as a constant reminder of the blood that was spilled, and the lives sparred, during the battle between good and evil, of demons and humans alike.

Now you know what happened during the final battle. Inuyasha died protecting me, and so did my adoptive son, Shippo. Miroku died while taking the blow that was meant for Sango. Me, Sango, and Kirara where the only ones to survive the battle. It is still a mystery on how Kirara survived the purifying blast.
Little did I know that our journey had just begun…

----------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------

I really hope this makes sense…it was kinda like Kagome explaining stuff in her point of view.

Japanese Mini Index;
Youkai -
Demon, Shikon no Tama - Jewel of Four Souls, Tajiya - Demon Exterminator, Inu- Dog, Hanyou- Half-breed, Kitsune - Fox, Miko - Priestess, Katana - A short Japanese sword, Okaa-san - Mom, Youki - Demonic Energy
Oh, and don’t worry, the YuYu gang will appear in the next few chapters. But just to clear some things up, please suggest some pairings! The main pairing is already Kagome/Hiei though. Like for example, who do you think Sango should be paired with? So please review, or just spare one minute of your time to encourage me? Remember, I won’t update unless I get reviews.
Cookies to all who review!
Raini, out.