InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Ignorant Meanings For Unsuitable Words. ❯ Words mean nothing ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I realized this story was getting no where…fast. So I decided to rewrite it. Its going to be longer chapters with shorter updates. Sorry for changing it up so much. Thanks for the reviews and I hope there are many more to come. =] By the way my birthday is August 14th so send me my birthday regards through a review!
 
This is an Inuyasha Yu Yu Hakusho crossover.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or Yu Yu Hakusho they belong to the authors Rumiko Takahashi and Yoshihiro Togashi. I thank them for letting me use the characters.
 
Labeled teen for mild cursing. Just being cautious.
 
`Thinking'
 
“Talking”
 
My musings
 
“Lyrics” (Applies to some chapters)
 
“Flashbacks”
 
Chapter 1: Words Mean Nothing
â—¦•â—¦•â— ¦ - â—¦•â—¦•â—¦ - â—¦•â—¦•â—¦ - â—¦•â—¦•â—¦ - â—¦•â—¦•â—¦ - â—¦•â—¦•â—¦ - â—¦•â—¦•â—¦
 
I love you.
 
A very serious statement to make. Make-or-break a person type of words. Words only spoken from one lover to another with pure intentions buried underneath…or so they say…Sometimes `I love you' can be used for betrayal…which leads to heart break, then anger…and finally revenge. Those pathetic words do little to describe the human emotion we know as love. Indescribable feelings cannot be situated into simple words. Only complex actions. Therefore we do the impossible to prove ourselves worthy enough for love…
 
“I love you.”
 
Dull pink lips rubbed against a triangle shaped ear for each syllable pronounced. The woman to whom the lips belonged to pulled back slightly to gaze at the face across from her own. Lifeless brown eyes reflected back at her through beautiful golden depths. The intense gaze he had on her made it hard to look away. Of course using the complete distortion from the facts wasn't hard at all.
 
His golden Orbs stared down at her, smile uncertain. He went through most of his life wanting to hear those words, and this was only his third time hearing someone say it, while referring to him. The first time had been his own mother who was now dead. The second, being Kagome. When she said it he was sure his heart stopped and he felt so...happy. But that was so long ago. He longed to hear those words again…but not from her. No…not her. She was lying to him of course…only in it for what he provided...and what he could offer. Protection…and of course, Kagome's soul.
 
“I love you to,” He answered after staring a moment longer then she would have liked. She, Kikyou also knew of the others dishonesty, but did she care? Of course not. Like Inuyasha thought, she was only in it for what was provided.
 
“Don't ever leave me.” She said almost pleadingly while staring at him through half hooded eyes. Her words meant nothing really, but pretending was a very well known game each loved to play.
 
“I never will.”
 
But all good games eventually come to and end.
 
“Not even for her?”
 
“No…” he responded slowly. “Not even for her.”
 
â—¦•â—¦•â— ¦ - â—¦•â—¦•â—¦ - â—¦•â—¦•â—¦ - â—¦•â—¦•â—¦ - â—¦•â—¦•â—¦ - â—¦•â—¦•â—¦ - â—¦•â—¦•â—¦
 
Feet pounded on the ground as Kagome ran through the forest calling for the irritable, annoying, cheating, no good dirty...as she called for Inuyasha. Though she saw no point in this. The half demon would show up as to when he felt. They were tracking Naraku, and finally found a lead. Patients grew thin. They had no time for Inuyasha and his “breaks” with Kikyou. They needed to leave. Now.
 
No one wanted to have to start looking for more leads, as to where Naraku might be hiding, AGAIN. But they couldn't leave Inuyasha…unfortunately he was the tracker. Chocolate eyes scanned the surrounding trees, trying to get a glimpse of the red fire rat Inuyasha was famous for.
 
`This isn't good… we should had left hours ago. And he always complains about me making us wait! The nerve of this guy! The pure unadulterated nerve!'
 
“Damit Inuyasha!” she hissed out. “You know just what to do to irritate me.”
 
She continued her trek through the forest stopping here or there to pull the occasional rock out her shoe, or shoo a mosquito out of her face. Impatience took over quickly and she kicked a nearby tree.
 
“Ow! Conflabed tree.” She grabbed her right foot and started hopping around in circles, which in turn caused her to trip on a root and fall through a bush. Kagome let out a light groan as she pushed herself up and out the dirt. Dusting herself off she glanced at the already healing cuts on her arms and legs.
 
`Thank Kami for my miko powers.'
 
“Where could he be!” She wondered out loud.
 
Her legs started moving and she got back into the pace she was in. She decided to rely on her senses to find him. Spreading out her powers she followed two auras that she found, hoping one of them was Inuyasha's.
 
Kagome had been in the Feudal Era for 3 years. Not only did she become stronger but also she grew. Grew into a very beautiful woman. Her knee length raven colored hair was pulled back into ponytail and left in a long braid down her back. She panted as long muscular legs kept up there pace. Brown eyes surveyed the area watching out for any stray demons that may have escaped her senses. She didn't want to be caught off guard and prove Inuyasha right. He always said she couldn't take care of her self. Really, all she needed was the right moment to prove that she could.
 
She winced as a branch left another cut on her beautiful porcelain skin.
 
Kagome now had the figure of a model. She had sexy curves and filled out in all the right places. Any man would be crazy if they were to call her ugly. Unfortunately Inuyasha was that crazy man…demon…half-demon…oh you get the point. Kagome showed him love in every way but he still continued his mental abuse.
 
`You'll never be as strong as Kikyou so get over it.'
 
Kagome trained hard but he still said the same thing to her. Now she was sure she was stronger than Kikyou she just needed the right moment to prove herself. To prove to him that she could love him more than that empty clay pot could.
 
`Your too weak. We need someone like Kikyou.'
 
Kagome pushed the thoughts to the back of her mind. She continued running in the direction the auras were coming from, stopping on the outskirts of a small isolated clearing. Looking around, Kagome caught sight of some red behind a tree. Momentarily forgetting the second aura, she put up a spell that made her undetectable from his senses. She wanted to sneak up and yell right in his ear.
 
She grinned maniacally as she thought it over.
 
`No one makes Kagome Higurashi wait.'
 
Kagome's grin faded when she heard a females voice whisper from behind the bush where she was sure Inuyasha was. She remembered the second aura and brown eyes widened.
 
“I love you.”
 
That voice sounded oddly familiar.
 
Kagome was naturally curious…and usually this got her in some kind of trouble. Like the time she heard strange noises coming from the hut she and Sango shared. When she went to see what the disturbance was about, she walked in on the monk and the demon slayer doing something very…inappropriate. Something Kagome wanted to forget. All three of them were blushing for days.
 
Every time Inuyasha would ask what's going on they would look at each other then quickly look at the ground.
 
“I love you too”
 
This voice sounded even more familiar than the last.
 
Kagome felt her stomach twist and her heart pound in her chest. She slowly breathed in and out wondering how they couldn't hear it beating against her rib cage.
 
`Just a quick peak to prove myself wrong…calm down Kagome it might not be them after all…it could just be Miroku and Sango right?”
 
She walked toward the bush in slow footsteps trying not to make a sound. She didn't want to trip on any roots or step on any stray branches. The dog demon would hear her for sure. As she continued on a stray thought entered her mind.
 
`Miroku doesn't wear red.'
 
Her heart starting beating a little faster.
 
`It can't be… could it?'
 
She pushed the bushes apart just enough to look through. She gasped in anger shock and surprise. This was the last thing in the world she wanted to see she felt her heart breaking in her chest.
 
`How could this happen…no this was not supposed to happen. He wasn't to fall in love…with somebody else.'
 
She watched as they slowly came together in a love filled kiss…or so she thought. She stood and backed away from the scene shaking her head side to side muttering.
 
“No…this…this isn't happening.” She turned around and ran into the forest, tears blurring her vision.
 
`This is the worst moment of my life,' She stopped running and leaned against a large tree panting. She looked to her left and saw a small stream gurgling merrily. She walked over and sat on a rock she found near the edge of the stream. Sure…she always knew that Inuyasha had loved Kikyou. Butt she always thought that sooner or later he might return her feelings and leave Kikyou to collect dust in the corner. But this proved it once and for all. She had no chance with the half-demon.
 
“I guess he never really liked me anyway.” She mumbled aloud. Her eyes traveled up to the morning sky. She slipped off her shoes and pulled her feet up and onto the rock. Her arms encircled her legs as her forehead fell onto her knees. She let her mind wander to past present and future events.
 
It was shocking.
 
How much her life had changed since coming into the Feudal Era. It was more like something out of a fantasy really. A child's bedtime story.
 
Kagome laughed dryly. `Yeah…Some day there going to say, `Lets hear about Kagome and the Jewel of four souls.' And another will answer, `Oh yes. That is one of my favorites.' She smiled bitterly at the thought. `They will never know what it felt like to be the girl who was left broken, and alone.' Her mind turned back to other things. Such as, what had become of her school life?
 
She almost failed high school. At one point she considered dropping out but seeing her mother's face when she suggested it changed her mind.
 
`She looked as if she was going to cry.' Kagome sighed at the memory. `And that's when the school decided to take matters into there own hands.' They went as far as bringing a personal tutor to her house. The school had high standards and a `No One' was NOT going to bring them down. She remembered the tutor they sent her. His face was permanently etched into her mind.
 
`Suichi Minamino.'
 
He was such a gentleman, always calm, always sincere. Even when Kagome asked him to teach her something over and over again he kept his patients. He had the essence of a kitsune though.
 
`Most likely somewhere in his ancestry.'
 
Kitsune's were notorious for their good looks and charming personality. The looks he possessed rivaled any other demon she knew. He simply had the essence of a God in her eyes. Kagome blushed slightly remembering the incident that led to them getting up-close-and-personal. She was walking behind him to show him out, and tripped. He caught her with reflexes that she believed only Sesshomaru had. But he wasn't fast enough to stop them from falling backwards her weight knocking him off balance. She landed on top of him brown clashing with green, and she swore she saw gold flecks in his eyes. Her eye inspection was halted when she herd a small `oh my' come from her left. She looked up and saw her mom standing in the doorway a small smile covered with her delicate fingers.
 
The two teens shot up immediately and started trying to explain what happed with tomato red faces. Their explanation didn't make any sense seeing how they were both talking at the same time. But Kagome's mom nodded her head knowingly smile still in place. She turned back into the kitchen where the sound of running water, dishes clashing, and small giggling could be heard.
 
Kagome laughed momentarily forgetting what she just witnessed in the forest. Her forehead left her knees as brown eyes returned to the cloudless sky.
 
â—¦•â—¦•â— ¦ - â—¦•â—¦•â—¦ - â—¦•â—¦•â—¦ - â—¦•â—¦•â—¦ - â—¦•â—¦•â—¦ - â—¦•â—¦•â—¦ - â—¦•â—¦•â—¦
 
“If you really loved me Inuyasha, you would kill that girl so I can have my soul back.” Kikyou felt Inuyasha tense at her words. He was staring at something behind her. Her eyes traveled up to the sky and she watched the soul stealers circle their heads. `Soon…I will be free from you.' Her arm reached up fingers spread open. She watched as the demons threaded through them. `My life won't depend on you anymore.'
 
Inuyasha's voice brought her out of her musings.
 
“Kill…her?” He whispered slowly. His eyes had glazed over and he still wasn't looking at her. He was concentrating on one of the flying soul catchers. `Why does she always want me to prove my love for her?' His expression turned sour for a moment before returning to his blank stare. `Its not like it matters though…the only thing she really wants is Kagome's soul. After that…she'll just dump me like a rock.' That thought got him mad and he fought to keep his expression straight.
 
“Yes.” Kikyou replied smirking. “I cannot have my soul tainted by someone so unworthy.” Kikyou knew him to be angry, but she did not care. She knew he felt as if he owed her the world and she was planing to milk him for all he was worth.
 
“Yes…I will kill her for you my love.” He said still not looking at her but past her. He could smell Kagome and was hoping that she hadn't heard anything she shouldn't have.
 
`I'm sorry Kagome' Inuyasha thought to himself. He looked down at Kikyou. `I owe Kikyou this.'
 
â—¦•â—¦•â— ¦ - â—¦•â—¦•â—¦ - â—¦•â—¦•â—¦ - â—¦•â—¦•â—¦ - â—¦•â—¦•â—¦ - â—¦•â—¦•â—¦ - â—¦•â—¦•â—¦
 
“I can't believe he actually love that clay pot more than he loves me.” Kagome mumbled to herself as she arouses from the rock. She slipped her shoes back on her feet and pushed her way through the foliage, making her way to the village.
 
`Even after I told him.'
 
Flashback
 
“Inuyasha can I speak with you.”
 
Kagome and Inuyasha had just came from her time. Inuyasha glanced at her from the corner of his eye and noticed her hands fiddling with the hem of her shirt. Folding his arms into his sleeves he stopped walking.
 
“Well what is it.” He asked impatiently. Kagome flinched at his tone and he must have noticed. She could see out the corner of he eye that his stance softened. Her head lifted itself and she willed herself to look him in the eye.
 
“Inuyasha, I know we've been traveling together for a couple of years now and I…well I...”
 
“Well spit it out already.” He said softly. Kagome's head dropped and her chin her chest. She clenched her fists and closed her eyes. Taking a deep breath, she voiced the word she wanted to say since the first day she met the half demon.
 
“Inuyasha I think I love you.”
 
She closed her eyes and waited. Waited for the mocking laughter. Waited for anything that told her that he didn't care. Just waited. She jumped and brown eyes went wide when she found strong arms wrapped around her. She looked up in surprise.
 
Brown met gold.
 
She tinted pink as their faces got closer. There lips brushed and her knees got weak.
 
“Inuyasha…I-” Kagome started only to be stopped by Inuyasha's lips connecting with hers. Kagome's eyes widened before closing in bliss. It was like someone was pressing rose petals to her lips.
 
As quick as the kiss came it was gone.
 
She stood there shocked. `Did that really happen?' she wondered to herself. She looked around the clearing but there was no sign of Inuyasha.
 
She put her fingers to her lips remembering the feel of his lips against her own. “Perhaps I was only imagining things.” She whispered. A smile came and she continued walking to the village.
 
Inuyasha looked down at Kagome from the tree he was hiding in. He also put his finger to his lips. Kagome tasted so full of life and smelled of cherry blossoms. She was nothing like Kikyou. Kikyou was cold and smelled of dirt and ashes. `But I love Kikyou…don't I?'
 
End Flashback
 
Kagome touched her lips in silent remembrance.
 
`I know that he kissed me…but why did he do that to me. Why would he do such a cruel thing? If he loved me he wouldn't have done this to me.'
 
Kagome glared at the ground.
 
`If he love me he would be in my arms not in that clay pots…But he doesn't love me.' Kagome sighed at the depressing thought
 
She pushed her way through the rest of the foliage and started to walk along the path. The same path Inuyasha and her had taken so many times together. Kagome walked through the village and to Kaede's hut, only to find Kikyou and Inuyasha already there. Inuyasha was talking to the monk and the demon slayer known as Miroku and Sango. Miroku frowned and Sango glared at Inuyasha opening her mouth to say something but was cut off by Miroku's hand landing on her shoulder. He was looking over at Kagome and cleared his throat.
 
`Great…more bad news.'
 
She soon found herself tackled to the ground by an orange ball of fluff screaming `Mama.' She looked down at her adopted son Shippo. He was glaring at Inuyasha and looked close to tears.
 
“What is going on Shippo.” She asked softly. Shippo looked up at her face and started to talk quickly.
 
“Mama you have to do something. Inuyasha is going to let that clay pot Kikyou come with us! Tell him he cant, tell-” Shippo was cut off as a clawed hand grabbed his throat. He was lifted off of Kagome and brought eye level with Inuyasha.
 
“Don't you ever disrespect Kikyou like that again you brat.” Inuyasha growled. Shippo started gagging and tears streamed from his emerald eyes. Kagome jumped to her feet and in the process attempted to send a roundhouse kick to his temple but Inuyasha jumped out the way wise to her actions.
 
“Inuyasha put him down you strangulating him!” She yelled. She started shaking with repressed anger and her palms were glowing. When Inuyasha didn't let go she did the only thing she could think of. If she tried to attack again Shippo could get hurt.
 
“SIT BOY HOW DARE YOU TOUCH MY KIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT SIT…DON'T EVER TOUCH HIM AGAIN!
 
After Kagome said the first sit he let go of Shippo the rest were from pure rage. She couldn't help herself but to add a few extras. Shippo jumped into Kagome's arms, crying and she attempted to calm him down by whispering sweet nothings in his ear.
 
“It's alright Shippo everything is better now…don't cry.” Kagome looked up from her kit and glared at Inuyasha's unconscious form.
 
`Serves him right! How dare he do that to poor Shippo.' She thought to herself.
 
Kagome turned her glare from Inuyasha to Kikyou. `How dare he do this to me.' This wasn't only about Shippo anymore. Kikyou met Kagome's glare with one of her own. She notched an arrow on her bow and pointed it at Kagome.
 
“I suggest you not do that anymore.”
 
Kagome set Shippo down and told him to go to Sango. She then took her own arrow from the quiver and notched it on her bow. The tip of the arrow began to glow a bright pink color.
 
“I can tell Inuyasha to SIT any time I want him to SIT because I can say SIT to him if I feel like it. So Inuyasha…SIT.” Kagome said smugly. Every time she said sit Inuyasha's crater would get a little bigger.
 
Kikyou's expression turned to one of pure rage. She pulled the string taut and let the arrow fly.
 
Kagome's eye's widened slightly before becoming slits. She then dogged the arrow by cartwheeling out the way. Sango, Miroku and Shippo stared as Kagome place the arrow back into her quiver and bowed deeply. Their brows furrowing puzzled at what Kagome was doing.
 
“It's nice to see you again Lord Sesshomaru.”
 
All eyes turned to where Kikyou was standing before only to find the dead priestess struggling to get away from Sesshomaru and the death grip he had on her throat.

“What is the meaning of this?”
 
â—¦•â—¦•â— ¦ - â—¦•â—¦•â—¦ - â—¦•â—¦•â—¦ - â—¦•â—¦•â—¦ - â—¦•â—¦•â—¦ - â—¦•â—¦•â—¦ - â—¦•â—¦•â—¦
 
A/N: Ok that's it I surprised you made it this far well the next chapter is most likely going to be longer so keep a look out for it. READ AND REVIEW PLEASE! My birthday is on the 14th so send your regards though a review =]
 
I love you all!
 
~Kitsunegirl05~