InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Just Another Story ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's Note: So so sorry for such a long wait. I was unsure whether or not to put this chapter up. I didn't like it much when I first started writing it, so hope you like it.
 
By the way, for those reading `Frozen Fire' or `What Happened to Innocent Life?', I'll be updating them asap! I promise.
 
Mediaminer.org - I should have left the finales for the voting up, but just as a reminder, this is going to be a Hiei/Kagome fic!
 
Chapter 6 - Flashback
 
“Yo bitch, quit your lagging!” The silver hair, dog-ear half-demon growled at Kagome as she continued to walk a few paces behind the group. His golden eyes scanned over her form, trying to find the reason for her laziness. “What the hell's wrong with you?” He leaped in front of her.
 
“Kagome? What's wrong?” Sango started towards her sister-figure, but a firm hand on her shoulder stopped her. Turning, she faced Miroku. “What are you doing?” That's when she noticed that the monk was also holding Shippo back.
 
Miroku's lavender eyes stayed trained on Kagome, as if he could see something that no one else could. “I believe it would be wiser, for all of us, if we give Lady Kagome her space.” As he told that to the two within his grip, he released them and took a few steps so that he could focus on Inuyasha.
 
“Inuyasha!” the monk called. When he saw one of the dog-ear on top of the Inuyasha's silver head twitch in an indication that he was listening, Miroku continued. “Inuyasha, I suggest you step away from Lady Kagome.”
 
“Why the hell should I monk?” Inuyasha bellowed, turning in Miroku's directions.
 
Miroku looked towards the unnaturally pale Kagome. “Something is going on with Lady Kagome's priestess powers. Whatever it is will not have a pleasant outcome in the end.”
 
Miroku was pretty sure he knew what was happening to Kagome, but he was exactly sure. Either way, he would not say anything of her condition until he knew for sure. For now though, he would be certain to keep everyone way from her.
 
Shippo stepped up so that he was standing beside Miroku. “What's wrong with Kagome, Miroku? Will she be ok?” A nervous fox kit asked. Shippo didn't want to loose another mother figure to sickness.
 
Ruffling the kit hair, Miroku reassured him. “Everything will be fine, Shippo.” `Or at least I hope so…' “We just need to give her some time.”
 
Kagome didn't know what was going on around her, all she knew was that everything she saw was hued in pinkish-purple light and that the only thing she could hear was a loud humming in her ears that over road all other sounds. Breathing hurt and it felt like her limbs where made of lead, but at the same time they were as light as air.
 
As the humming in her ears grow louder, she noticed that the pinkish-purple hue seemed to increase; as well as her other problems.
 
However, she took no heed of any of these symptoms since her mind was a thousand miles away. She was thinking back to when she first came to this time. How she had shattered the jewel, how she was always get captured by the enemies, how she was the weakest link within the group. Then back to last night, when Inuyasha had chosen Kikyou over her.
 
Before she even realized it, her knees had hit the ground and pain seem to ripple through entire body as the humming noise and colorful hues seem to grow more intense until she felt the power of the half-completed Shikon erupt, causing her to black out.
 
Everyone watched as Kagome collapsed to her knees, her face scrunched in a pain expression.
 
“Inuyasha, get behind me, otherwise you'll be purified!” Miroku warned as he watched what only he could see. He watched as the purplish energy of both the Shikkon and Kagome began to roll off her in waves.
 
Not even bothering to wait to see if Inuyasha would do as he said, Miroku erected a barrier around himself, Shippo, Sango, and surprisingly Inuyasha. He hadn't even noticed the half-demon move, but it didn't matter.
 
Concentrating on keeping the barrier up, Miroku felt the waves of destructive priestess energy threat to destroy his barrier.
 
Everyone watched as trees, flowers, demons and everything else dissolve into dust. By the time they saw Kagome land fully on the ground, nothing within a mile radius was left.
 
“Woman, what the hell are you doing?” A deep, annoyed voice broke her out of thoughts of the past. When she didn't answer, the owner of the voice spoke again. “I will not repeat my self, now answer wench!”
 
“You would be safer to leave me be, demon,” Kagome addressed him as calmly as she could. “It's not safe to be around me…” She bit her tongue as her pain increased.
 
“Now why wouldn't it be safe for me to be around a simple human girl?” He could feel the power that radiated off her, ready to explode.
 
“Because my power…”
 
“If you do not control that power, woman, you will destroy everything within your line of sight.” Kagome could feel the speaker's breathe on the back of her neck. “That includes your dear brother.” She felt his presence beginning to leave.
 
“But how do I control what has never been tamed?” she asked in a whispered voice, not really expecting an answer. So when she got one, it surprised her.
 
“You must find that answer for your self, priestess and perhaps that answer is within you…”
 
“What do you mean?” she gasped out, grasping her chest. When no answer was given, she knew that, who ever she had been speaking to, had left her.
 
Now, having no other choice but to take of the advise of her mysterious visitor. She searched her self, her mind, and even her soul. What she found shocked her.
 
There was an orb of pure, unstable energy. The energy was a bright white color instead of her usual light violet or blue. The orb reminded Kagome of a more powerful and complete Shikon Jewel, but unlike the damnable jewel, this orb's energy lashed out, as if alive.
 
“What in the world…” Kagome muttered, grasping her head between her hands while opening her eyes. “That… that isn't possible.” What Kagome felt from the orb was someone or something leases life force with a mixer of her own.
 
Author's Note: Again, sorry for such a long wait. Hope you liked it! Please Review!