InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Just Another Story ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's Note: So, here it is! And it's longer than before! YAY!! While the last chapter was a little under 2 pages this one is nearly 6! Thank you for all the reviews, I loved them sooo much!
 
 
Chapter 8
 
Hiei growled as he jumped from tree to tree. He was pissed, and for he couldn't figure out why. Was it because of what that female had said? Or was it because she was tied to Yusuke? Or perhaps it was because she had touched him? Not guess anywhere, but his face. Never had he allowed anyone to touch like she did, not even Yukina. Perhaps it was because he felt her power and knew that a mere human female could destroy him with a flick of her wrist?
 
`No, it's because of her words. She shouldn't have known, she couldn't have!' A tree fell, shattering into splinters. `She shouldn't have known, yet did!' Yet another tree fell, birds took flight, however they didn't get far before they too fell, lifelessly to the ground.
 
“Naraku, that's the aura coming off your forehead. That could only mean you were given one of his jewel shards. Meaning he controls you or you work for him willingly.” Her words repeated themselves in his head and though she had merely lipped them, he could still hear the sadness, determination, and hidden fears.
 
As he drew his katana back to cut down another defenseless tree, he stopped in favor of grasping he head. Within his Jagan, five tainted shards laid commanding and enhancing it abilities. Unfortunately, he wasn't in control of his implanted eye, another was.
 
A few days prier a demon had come to him, offering him what his cold heart's desires - freedom of Koenma and power. All he had to do was knock off a few people. Though he hadn't been told whom exactly, he had accepted and one part the other demon's promise had come to pass. Power had come to him in the forms of black shards of a jewel. At first he had received only three, but soon the demon had return, giving him two more. He hadn't argued, and had even placed them in the Jagan as the other had told him to do. He had said that they where more efficient when placed in the forehead.
 
That had been the mistake.
 
Soon he noticed that he was shaving memory lapses and blank spots throughout his day. For instances, he'd remember falling asleep out in the tree outside his sisters window and the next thing he know, he was in the Makai, bruised and bloody and in the middle of a fight or in an old Japanese style palace. Whenever he awoke in the palace, a wind sorceress would be with him, and then escort him out. After wards, when he tried to return to that palace, he could never find it, not even with his Jagan.
 
As that was happening was happening, he finally learned of his employer's name. Naraku. Though he took no heed of the name, something in the back of his mind told him that he should… fear that name.
 
He had ignored his instincts in the beginning, regretted it. After he'd learn why he those blacks spots, he had been furious and tried to remove the shards. It hadn't been that easy. His hand had been repelled and the shards began pulsating, sending pain throughout his entire being.
 
At this moment, as he held head between his hands while his knees buckled, he knew was going to have a visit from Naraku. His blood ran cold as he her the deep silky voice filled with both amusement and mockery.
 
“We meet again, my pet.” Naraku's baboon pelt brushed against the wood covered ground as he moved closer to Hiei. Bending down, he brushed his lips gently against the apparition's ear as his breath teased the sensitive skin. “I'm glad you've found your place, my pet. Kneeling before me, your eternal master.” Laughing, he drew back as Hiei's clawed swung in an attempt to damage him.
 
“Now, now, that's no way to behave towards your master.” Waving his index finger back in forth in a way a mother would do when she caught her child in the cookie jar. However, his amused smile fell.
 
“I'm owned by no one you twisted bastard!” Hiei growled, slowly, but surely rising to his feet. The shards pulsed again, this time sending a stronger wave of pain that had him biting back a cry of agony.
 
Naraku no longer held a mocking, pleased look. It had morphed into a displeased, annoyance. “It's time for you to hold up your end of the bargain. Her name is Higurashi, Kagome and I want her brought to me alive, as well as her jewels shards. Do not disappoint me, my pet.” As he turned to live, he made sure that Hiei got a good view of his captives.
 
Hiei looked up as Naraku began to live, feeling the pain recede. What he saw, he wasn't expecting and if pissed him off. Naraku held four different people, three that he didn't recognize, but the last one he would have been able to recognize in any situation, his sister.
 
Stunned for what seemed like forever, he watched as Yukina worked the cloth that was wrapped around her mouth off and she shout the last thing that he ever thought he'd hear come from her lips. “Brother!” Seemingly as if that very word was a gun shot in a race, Hiei snapped out of his stunned, anger state. Lunging forward, it looked as if he would make it, but within inches of his destination, it was taken away in a cloud of violet miasma.
 
“Do not disappoint me, my pet…” the words echoed ominously throughout the forest, a underlined threat.
 
~*~
 
Kagome's eyes slowly opened, only to shut tightly, warding off the bright overhead light. Covering her eyes with one hand, she took note that she wasn't alone in the room. Feeling a shift on the mattress, she looked over as her eyes became adjust to the light to see, surprisingly, Yusuke. He had a worried expression on his face that, in Kagome's opinion, didn't suit him yet seemed to be made just for him.
 
“I'm fine.” Were the first words that left her mouth as she sat up.
 
“Humph.” His expression hardened a bit, but still there was a softness to him. “Ok, fine. Can I ask you a question?”
 
“I believe you just did.” Pulling her knees to her chest, she laid her head on them, watching the annoyance pass across his features. She hid her own smile behind her knee, but that didn't keep it from her eyes.
 
“Ha ha, very funny. But I mean it. Can I?” When he saw her nod her head, he continued. “What happened up on the roof? And why was Hiei there?” He watched her closely, trying to catch any lie she'd throw his way.
 
“First off, my dear older brother, that is two questions. Secondly, it was stress. Thirdly, I'm not even truly sure who Hiei is.” The first question she had answer wasn't the full true, however that the moment, she wasn't even sure of the right true at this time.
 
“It's a beast of the soul. Similar to what Kirara was before my final mortal battle.” Mikorido's voice rang through the clearing that they stood in.
 
“I don't understand, Mikorido. What's a `best of the soul' and what does it have to do with Kirara or me?” Kagome questioned back, a confused expression plastered on her face.
 
Mikorido chuckled. “Soulbeasts. That is what it has to do with you and Kirara. Kirara was my soul beast before I release her. As for you, your soul is creating one.”
 
“How do I control it?”
 
“That, my child, is something that I can not help you with, for ever beast is different…”
 
That conversation was stuck on repeat in her mind. She hadn't even realized that she was ignoring Yusuke and if it wasn't him touching her shoulder, she probably would have continued doing so.
 
However, she didn't give the reaction Yusuke was expecting. As soon as his fingers had brushed her shoulder, her hand grabbed him none to gently around the wrist, bring his arms behind his back in a hold. “Damn it, Kagome! Let me go!” He could feel the stain on his muscles as more pressure was added.
 
“Oh, I'm so sorry, Yusuke!” Kagome quickly released her hold on his hand and watched as he rubbed his shoulder while stretch out his arm. “I'm so, so sorry Yusuke. I didn't mean to do that to you, its… habit, you could say…” Trailing off, she hoped Yusuke wouldn't ask why it had become a habit. However, luck was not on her side.
 
“How the hell do you get a habit like that! Where the hell did you learn to do that!” He was more surprised and anger at himself, then he was at her, for the fact that he hadn't see that one coming. Still rubbing his shoulder he waited for her to answer.
 
“I've got absolutely no idea what you're talking about.”
 
Yusuke didn't believe that for a second, but before he could call her one it, someone else walked, well more like ran into the room.
 
“Yusuke!” Keiko had tears in her eyes as she fell into Yusuke, allowing him to wrap his arms around her. “Yusuke, it's horrible!” She sobbed into his shirt, not caring that it was becoming damp with her tears.
 
“What's goin' Keiko? What happened?” His voice was full of concern and he rubbed soothing circles on her back. “Keiko, tell me what happened.” His gentle demand went unheard by the sobbing girl as he continued trying to sooth her.
 
After a couple of minutes, her sobs turned into sniffles as she moved back from Yusuke. However, she wasn't prepared to see blue eyes staring at her with concern, instead of warm cinnamon ones. “Um, who are you?”
 
Though Kagome could tell the girl was trying to be polite, she could also make out the unbridled jealous within the words. Bowing her head, she introduced her self. “I am Higurashi, Kagome, Priestess of the Higurashi Shrine. As for why I am here, Yusuke is my brother.” Righting her self, she watched in amusement as different emotions passed through her eyes, the main one being surprise. “I will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have, but first, I believe you have something to tell Yusuke.”
 
Nodding, Keiko turned her attention back on Yusuke. “It's the temple, something's happened to Yukina.” Again her eyes became glossy with unshed tears. She was doing her best hold them back but even so a few escaped her grasp.
 
“Tell me what happened from the beginning.” Yusuke was starting to get worried. This wasn't something that Keiko would joke about and if something truly bad had happened to Yukina, he was fearful of Hiei's reaction.
 
“Well, was heading to the temple, Yukina asked me to pick of some herbs for her a few days ago so I decide to bring them to her. When I got their, I got this feeling that I was being watch and that's when I noticed that ice covered a lot of the ground. Feeling that some was wrong, I went inside, only to find it destroyed and this letter on the coffee table.” Keiko was fishing the letter from her pocket, continuing to speak. “But I couldn't read it. It's like it's written in a different language, but I think it's ancient Japanese.” She was about to pass the letter to Yusuke when Kagome spoke up.
 
“Don't touch that paper, Yusuke.” Kagome's voice was hard and commanding, holding no room for argument. She had caught a glimpse of a spider on the back and if had been a different color than the last spider signature she'd received early.
 
“Why not?” Yusuke demanded, though he didn't make a move to grab the paper.
 
Kagome ignored the question in favor of keep her attention of Keiko. “Keiko, I want you to turn the paper over, I wish to see the back.” She watched as the said girl turned the paper so that they all had a view of the back. On the back, was a deep violet colored spider, different from the black spider that had been on her note, this one had Naraku's aura in, not just around it.
 
“What the hell…” Yusuke trailed off, not knowing what to think about the ominous marking.
 
“Move your hand away from that mark.” Even before Kagome had finished her sentence, Keiko threw the paper away from her a surprised look on her face. “What's wrong?” She found strange that the girl with suddenly do that.
 
“Oh, it's um, nothing.” Even as Keiko said that, she was rubbing her hands together as if something was irritating the skin.
 
“What's wrong with your hand?” Yusuke quickly caught on the action and before Keiko say anything, he was inspecting them. Seeing no marks or other indications that something had occurred, he'll felt more secure, but only some.
 
“It's nothing, see.”
 
“If you say so.” Yusuke gave her a once over, before heading towards the door. “I'll be back later. I'm gonna go check up the temple.” With a quick `see ya' he was gone.
 
Author's Note: And there you have it! Hoped you liked it! I'm trying to 10 reviews out of this chapter. Please review!