InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Life's Prison: How Soon is Now ❯ And I Have Served ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“I am the son and heir
Oh, of nothing in particular”
(The Smiths)
 
 
 
And I Have Served
 
 
 
 
“Talking”
 
`Thinking'
 
Memories
 
Stressed
 
 
 
 
Yasuo sat back in the teacher's lounge with a scowl on his face. Gura carefully watched him as he sat back thinking. Gura finally growled and her red eyes flashed in anger. She slammed her planner on the table. The noise effectively brought Yasuo out from his thoughts. He glowered Gura a few moments before he growled again. He ran a hand through his auburn hair before looking out the window. Gura pulled a seat out and sat down with calm ease. She had had years of practice with calm ease from when she was a slave.
 
“The plans aren't going right,” Yasuo mumbled.
 
“Kagome is back…aren't you happy?” Gura angrily asked.
 
“I am happy…but I fear she still can't live peacefully,” Yasuo expressed his fears.
 
“Be happy that she isn't bent on revenge,” Gura muttered.
 
“Since when did you become so positive Kagura?” Yasuo asked. Gura gently laughed and smirked.
 
“Since you became so worried about Kagome, Shippo,” Kagura answered.
 
Yasuo smirked; it had been awhile since he went by his real name, “I just fear for Kagome. Inuyasha's ashes did go missing.”
 
“That is a concern, but all we can do is watch over her,” Kagura reminded.
 
“True,” Shippo whispered.
 
 
 
 
Yusuke frowned as he watched Kurama pick at the plant her held. It had been a few days since Koenma's change. Everyone could sense his rise in power every since Kagome had a visit with him. His personality didn't change, but his attitude became more confident. Yusuke turned his gaze to Kuwabara and found him in his own world thinking. Hiei hadn't shown up to their private meeting yet. Suiichi put the plant down with a sigh.
 
“So Koenma accepted a deal?” Yusuke asked hoping he misheard.
 
“His father no longer holds any control of the spirit prince,” Suiichi assured.
 
“What did she want?” Kuwabara asked.
 
“She claimed she wanted a soul,” Suiichi answered. He knew what soul she wanted.
 
“Why did Koenma accept this deal in the first place?” Yusuke all but growled.
 
“Botan had was on death list, I think he cares for her,” Suiichi announced.
 
“This deal must have some loophole,” Kuwabara muttered as he stared at the sky.
 
“I can't find any loophole,” Suiichi stated.
 
“I feel like something's being left out,” Yusuke mumbled as he pointedly looked at Suiichi.
 
“The girl has power…but she doesn't seem evil,” Kuwabara gave his opinion.
 
“Evil or not, power like that must be contained,” Yusuke growled. Suiichi smirked; their leader had somehow managed to mature.
 
“I don't think it would be wise to blindly attack her,” Suiichi voiced.
 
“How much damage could she do?” Yusuke asked.
 
“A lot,” Suiichi simply said.
 
“We have to test this power, we can't wait for her to declare a battle!” Yusuke stressed.
 
“She seemed like she just wanted to go home,” Kuwabara commented.
 
“She's too dangerous,” Yusuke tried to convince them.
 
Any other comments were cut off when a wave of purifying energy was sent through the air. Yusuke cursed as he took off running in the direction of the ki. He heard a taunting female voice and felt the youki rise. He ran into the park and aimed his spirit gun at the female. His head snapped to the right when he felt another youki approaching. He fired the spirit gun at the female and watched as it tore through her stomach.
 
 
 
 
Kagome smiled at her brother as they sat by the pond in the park. Souta sighed as he tried to meditate once more. Kagome laughed since his expression looked like his brain was about to fail. He sighed and opened his eyes in defeat. Kagome let out a soft laugh and he grinned sheepishly.
 
“I think my brain died,” Souta admitted.
 
“That happened years ago,” Kagome assured with another laugh.
 
“Why can't I meditate?” Souta asked in annoyance.
 
“Don't worry, I was never able to meditate either,” Kagome assured.
 
“Then how will I gather my ki if I can't be calm and focus it?” Souta challenged.
 
“I was able to summon my Miko ki fine without meditation, all you have to be able to do is feel for it,” Kagome answered.
 
“Really?” Souta asked with hope.
 
“No, you also need more training,” Kagome assured. Souta growled and softly hit her on the head. Kagome gasped and grabbed her head as fake tears flowed freely.
 
“My beautiful brain! Why do you abuse me so?” Kagome tragically whined as people gave them strange looks.
 
“Stupid,” Souta mumbled as he stood up.
 
“Where ya going?” Kagome asked.
 
“Work,” Souta answered with a frown.
 
“Have a good day!” Kagome happily said as he ran off.
 
Kagome sighed and stood up with a grin. She stretched and held her hand in front of her. Her haraibou materialized in her hand and she waited for him to show. His youki was hidden but his life ki was shining like the sun. She noted that boy had a will to live. A black blur stopped ten feet from her. Hiei studied Kagome and she studied him too. She took in his appearance and noted that he was a fashion retard. Hiei frowned and she grinned. She could feel the Jagan's own life ki radiating within his.
 
“I thought you'd never show,” Kagome commented.
 
“And I thought you'd at least be a bit more…intimidating,” Hiei commented.
 
Kagome grinned and shrugged her shoulders with sparkle in her eyes. This boy had trained with Rin and Kichi. He had also been around Sango and Miroku. Kagome wanted to know what made him so special. Rin was a happy girl that loved people, but she Sesshoumaru's attitude when it came to judging people. She wouldn't have trained a weakling with no potential. Sango also wouldn't have taught him anything if he had no potential. Kagome wanted to know his potential, especially if they gave him her mark.
 
“Are you going to stare at me all day?” Hiei questioned with his own smirk. Kagome slightly blushed and snapped her fingers. She didn't have to snap, but she did it because it gave her something to focus her power on. A barrier formed that would block them from human eyes.
 
“Let's play,” Kagome stated as she charged him.
 
He unsheathed his katana and blocked her haraibou with ease. Kagome tilted her staff and jumped away from him. Before she could touch the ground, Hiei attacked her repeatedly. Kagome grinned and put up her barrier. Hiei pulled the bandana from his head and the Jagan glowed as he worked on the barrier while attacking physically. Kagome grinned as she felt her barrier weakening. The barrier shattered and the katana cut her arm. The cut was shallow, it shocked her more then anything.
 
“Congratulations, you can multitask,” Kagome dryly said.
 
Hiei kicked her in the gut and she went flying into the pond. He sheathed his katana and waited for her to show. His Jagan searched the area and found that she had vanished. He frowned at the thought of her running or dying from such a weak attack.
 
“Pathetic,” Hiei growled.
 
“Like that would hurt me,” Kagome teased as she appeared in front of him.
 
Her hand covered his Jagan and she quickly sealed it with her Miko ki. Hiei punched his hand into her gut and as she fell, she kicked him in the chin and sent him flying. She was surprised he had gotten so many hits on her. Hiei growled when he felt for the Jagan. His mind was empty; he could no longer hear the beings around or feel anything. Kagome grinned and calmly stood up. Hiei's eyes flashed red and Kagome cursed her luck. Instinct kicked in and she released a wave of purifying energy. Hiei fell to the ground as his skin smoked from the impact.
 
“Are you that weak Hiei?” Kagome taunted. “What is it that Rin saw in you…pity?”
 
Hiei growled as he pushed himself up to his feet. His cheeks had blackened spots and his clothes still smoked. Kagome grinned when she felt the spike in youki. Hiei removed the bandaged from his arm and her eyes widened. The barrier would not protect the people from that type of attack. Kagome formed her Hami-Yumi and a ya out of pure energy. She could see the youki gathering in his arm. It was quickly rising. She then felt Yusuke's own ki and his spirit gun charging. She fired the ya and it formed into a Hamaya as it charged toward Hiei.
 
Kagome yelled in pain as the spirit gun tore through her stomach. Her gray eyes watched as the ya entered Hiei's ki and sealed the dragon of darkness in his arm. His youki dropped as Kagome smiled at her luck. Her Miko ki warned her of another youkai approaching her at a fast rate. She stared down at her stomach and cussed at Yusuke.
 
“Damn this hurts!” Kagome yelled.
 
She stood to her feet and her body repaired itself in a split second. Kagome glared at Yusuke before she turned to Hiei. He was passed out and lying on his stomach. Kagome could see what Rin saw in him. He had the spirit of a warrior and no matter how he acted; he had a good heart. Kagome's gaze turned back to Yusuke with another glare for added effect. Kagome caught sight of Kurama and Kuwabara coming up behind Yusuke. Kagome grinned as Suiichi as he froze.
 
“So nice of you to join us Youko,” Kagome greeted with a grin.
 
“How?” Kurama questioned.
 
“I would know your soul anywhere,” Kagome whispered.
 
Kurama looked at her a bit uneasy before her gaze switched to Kuwabara.
 
“And you must the reincarnation of Suikotsu,” Kagome mumbled as she stared at Kuwabara. “You were much better looking in your previous life.”
 
“Hey!” Kuwabara protested.
 
“Kidding!” Kagome assured. He still had that same loving heart minus the other demented personality.
 
“What the hell were you doing?” Yusuke demanded as he glared at Kagome.
 
“I was testing the one who carries my mark. I won't let my mark be tarnished by the unworthy,” Kagome explained.
 
Suiichi's eyes glanced to the mark on Hiei's sword. His emerald eyes moved up to Kagome's forehead. The petals were pink, no longer that horrible black. Kagome lightly chuckled and sighed.
 
“When will we fight?” Kurama asked before he could stop himself.
 
“I have no desire to fight you. I realize his death was because of his kind heart,” Kagome explained.
 
“I was looking forward to fighting for my life,” Kurama dryly said.
 
“Don't worry, your turn might come,” Kagome playfully promised.
 
Kurama grinned and gave a suggest wink causing her to laugh. He was definitely the Youko she remembered. There were times he would be just as perverted as Miroku.
 
“What the hell is going on?” Yusuke demanded once more.
 
“Relax, you're such a drag,” Kagome finally supplied.
 
“Listen lady!” Yusuke growled.
 
“My name's not Lady! It's Ka-go-me! Learn it, use it, and love it,” Kagome finished.
 
“Okay Ka-go-me, what's going on?” Yusuke yelled as his left eye twitched.
 
“Please excuse her manners, Kagome has a bit of a temper,” a voice echoed through the small woods.
 
Kagome froze and started to back away from the woods. Yusuke noticed the way she tensed. Kagome stood by Kurama and watched as the figure stepped forward. She gasped as her eyes filled with tears. Kurama grabbed her arm to hold her back from the figure. She took a step forward, but was pulled back. The figure glared at Kurama for a moment before turning its gaze to Kagome.
 
“Miss me love?” The figure questioned with a grin.
 
 
 
 
Author's Note:
Oh! A cliffhanger! I'm so nervous even though I know what happens! (Dodges angry readers)