InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Mirai He ❯ Dreams come true ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or Yu Yu hakusho.
 
Mirai He
 
She ran, afraid to look back.
 
What had gone wrong?
 
Why was she running from a friend?
 
But was he truly a friend?
 
Inuyasha…
 
She clenched her fist, her nails biting into pink flesh.
 
The Shikon no Tama sat in her hand, whole, light from the bright sun dancing upon the colored surface.
 
Still, what had gone wrong?
 
Flashback:
 
“Kaze no Kizu!”
 
An arc of pure power, fueled by the hate for the malicious hanyou that stood before them headed straight towards him.
 
Naraku…
 
Kagome readied her bow and shot her arrow, coursing with power. The silver-bluish light of the arrow joined with the yellow streak of Inuyasha's attack.
 
A streak of purple from the west joined with the mass of power, light, and color. They fused together and headed for the evil hanyou.
 
A wretched scream came from his throat when the powerful attack sliced through him, purifying him instantly on contact. Then, silence.
 
Kagome jogged over to the mass of bodies and ashes that were once Naraku, the evil hanyou that devastated many.
 
Including Kikyo and Inuyasha.
 
She wondered as she finally located the jewel what she was going to do after this.
 
A sigh escaped from her lips as she picked up the shard that purified at her touch.
 
She joined the shards with the shards that hung loosely around her neck.
A bright flash of light showed that the jewel was now complete.
 
A smirk graced her lips as she stared at the jewel.
 
The Shikon no Tama…
 
This jewel, so innocent and now pure, had caused many so much trouble. So many deaths. Over a single jewel.
 
A single tear escaped from her sapphire orbs that swirled with sorrow and purity.
 
She wondered if the Shikon would still give demons power, even after the wish was made.
 
She looked over the bloody battlefield. Bodies lay, strewn everywhere. She gave another sigh, and watched another tear escape from her eyes.
 
It plopped to the ground, and sat there, shimmering in the dark crimson bloodstained battlefield.
 
So innocent…
 
But so much pain was held in that tear. So much sorrow and anguish.
 
Inuyasha tapped her on the shoulder while Shippou bounded onto her other shoulder.
 
Inuyasha opened his hand, waiting for the jewel to find its place in his hand.
 
She looked at his hand, not understanding what he wanted.
 
“The jewel,” he hissed.
 
Her eyes narrowed at him. He sounded malicious and evil.
 
“What are you going to use it for,” she asked cautiously.
 
“For Kikyo to be real,” he smirked.
 
“Then,” Kagome tapped a finger mock thoughtfully against her chin, “No,”
 
And then she ran. Branches scratched at her and her wounds troubled her, but she kept running.
 
She refused to cry over Inuyasha. Her nails dug into her fists as she thought about everyone.
 
End flashback
 
Shippou sat, worried about his foster mother. He clutched her neck and watched the world spin by.
 
Wow…
 
So many things had happened over two years. Two years since she had gone into the well, two years since she had pulled out the arrow.
 
Two years…
 
Sesshomaru and Kouga had finally joined their group, and for a year, Sesshomaru, Kouga, Inuyasha, Sango, Kaede, and even Miroku had trained her.
 
Someway, somehow…
 
She wasn't the wimpy girl she had been two years ago. Not anymore.
 
She could hear him gaining on her. The well came into view, and she put on an extra burst of speed.
 
“Iron Reaver Soul Stealer!”
 
She dove in and heard the crash of the attack and the well collide.
 
Bits and pieces of rubbish fell onto her back, and she grimaced.
 
The familiar feel of floating was welcome, and then, she saw black.
 
~*~*~
 
Yusuke ground out his words, while he glared at the toddler in front of him. “What do you want Toddler!”
 
“How many times do I have to say that it's Koenma!?”
 
“I dunno.”
 
“Idiot, that was a rhetorical question!”
 
Yusuke snorted, shifting from one foot to another and crossing his arms against his chest defiantly.
 
“Please tell us what our mission is Koenma,”
 
“Ah, of course Kurama. You're mission is to stay alert for anything… suspicious.
We have been feeling surges of power very frequently, and now, it's staying here in this world.”
 
“Can do,” Yusuke grinned.
 
Kurama nodded.
 
“Hn”
 
Kuwabara grinned and struck a Mighty Kuwabara Poseâ„¢. “Of course,”
 
Botan bounded in with a smile. “Hey guys. I brought you some donuts and coffee. And tea and hot chocolate for Kurama and Hiei.” Her perky smile was not needed 4:30 in the morning but the food and delicious drinks where more than welcome.
 
The group gathered around the cheerful grim reaper and munched on crisp donuts with delicious strawberry filling and drank bitter coffee and tea and sweet hot chocolate. After they finished Botan gestured to them with a smile.
 
“Let's go!”
 
And they were off.
 
 
I know, that sucked! But, I think it was okay.
 
Anyway, it's going to be either Kur/Kag and Sango/Hiei or another pairing. So complain about the pairnings and I'll change it or make an alternative ending!
 
Love ya!
 
Ame