InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Misunderstood Emotions ❯ I'm Sorry, Inuyasha ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Misunderstood Feelings
Chapter One: I'm Sorry, Inuyasha
“Why does this always happen to me!” a young raven haired teen implored. She was dressed in a green miniskirt, a white sailor's shirt that was laced with green with a red tie, white socks, and brownish-beige shoes. “I mean, after all, we only have to get Kouga's and Naraku's jewel shards and the jewel will be complete!”
“Ummm...Because you're the only one that these things happen to?” another raven girled hair said. She, unlike the first, had her hair tied back. She also wore the traditional Japanese kimono. The kimono itself was a light green and pink flower print.
“Sango-chan, you're supposed to help me out! I have a huge final coming up! Tell that baka, Inuyasha, to let me go home!” the first girl said.
“Demo, Kagome-chan, when will you get back?” Sango, as the name implied, asked.
“At most, a week! Just a measly week! If I don't pass the finals, I can't get into a good college! And if I can't get into a good college, I can't get a good job! If I can't get a good job, I can't survive or bring in money to live off of!”the girl, Kagome, yelled.
“Alright, alright, already!” Sango exclaimed, wanting the girl to hush as she nursed her poor, innocent ears.”I'll help you!”
“Really!” Kagome asked gleefully, “Yay!” She leapt about the clearing. Behind her was a fuming half dog demon. He had on a red haori(Japanese top...?) and a red hakama(Japanese bottom(Do I have those right?)). His outfit basically screamed red. Around his neck was a brown rosary. There were five beads then an animal tooth. He had long silver hair and golden eyes, but what captured people the most was the fact that he had white dog ears.
“You are not going! We have to get those jewel shards so that I can make a wish!” he yelled, “Not to mention that Kikyo would never leave, because she wouldn't have broken it in the first place! Why can't you understand that! If we're going to defeat Naraku anytime soon, we need to get the shards from that idiot so that he doesn't get them!”
As soon as Kagome heard the name “Kikyo”, she stiffened. She hated being compared to her incarnate. As the reincarnate, she looked a great deal like Kikyo. Kikyo, for one thing never had her hair let down that she could think of. She was always in miko(shrine maiden) garb, a white haori and red hakama. Her hair was much straighter and her face betrayed almost no emotion.
A monk, dressed in the blue traditional robes, noticed her stiffen. “Inuyasha, I don't believe that it was a good idea to say that.”
“Shut up, Miroku!” the hanyou(half-demon) shot back, “It's time that I teach this girl some lessons! After all, she's the one who broke it!” He flexed his claws.
Both Miroku and Sango stiffened. This was the first time that Inuyasha had gone as far as to threaten Kagome. Sango put her hand on her weapon, a humongous bone boomerang, Hiraikotsu. Miroku gripped his holy staff. Kagome didn't make any movements.
“Inuyasha! You can't possibly mean that! Can you?” a tiny fox demon asked. He had on acorn print clothing. A green haori with acorns printed on it and a blue hakama with acorns also printed on it seemed most comfortable to him.
“Really!” Sango exclaimed, surprised that he would even think of doing that kind of thing.
“Kagome-sama! Take no notice of what spouts from this foolish hanyou's mouth!” Miroku said, loudly and hurriedly.
Kagome turned around, her face full of hurt. “Would you really do that to me?” she asked him.
A flash of recognition crossed Inuyasha's eyes before he got into his stance, his hand on the hilt of his sword.
“Of course I would! After all, who needs two of anyone?” he smirked evilly.
“Osuwari.” Kagome stated, causing Inuyasha to fall face forward into the ground.
“You bitch! Come down here and fight me!” he yelled out in fury.
“Why?” Kagome asked him, at a loss for any other words.
“Because Kikyo, Naraku, and I came to a compromise! I give you to Naraku, Naraku gives me the completed jewel, and I go to hell with Kikyo after wishing on the jewel! What that idiot doesn't know is that I'm going to wish for his death!”
“Is that so?”Sango asked, shocked that Inuyasha would even stoop to such levels.
“That's right! You and Miroku have been of utmost use to me! That's the only reason that I ever stick up for you!” he laughed maniacally.
“Then, we should duke it out.” Miroku said.
“That's right! You should have known that if you were going to go after Kagome, you would have to deal with us!” Sango yelled, saddened and angered by Inuyasha.
“Stop.” Kagome said, “I can handle him on my own. After all, I only have to say `sit' and...” Inuyasha met the ground again.
“Damn you! Good thing that Kikyo gave me this!” he attached something to the rosary.
“What is that?” Shippo asked curiously.
“Kagome's `sit' doesn't work anymore!” Inuyasha yelled out, triumphantly.
“Did it ever occur to you that Naraku could be tricking you?” Miroku asked.
“He's got a point you, know.” Sango agreed.
“Inuyasha?” Kagome called lightly, “If my `sit' doesn't work, you should know by now that I would have other means. After all, I come from the future.” Inuyasha didn't even budge when Kagome said `sit'.
“Yeah? Like what?” Inuyasha sneered.
“ For instance, you wouldn't get anymore ramen because the well would be sealed and I could easily kill you from a distance.” Kagome said.
“Is that so?” Inuyasha asked, angrily.
“Yes, it is.” Kagome said as her eyes started to fill with tears.
“You bastard!” Sango yelled, “We've treated you like family and you treat us like this!”
“ Feh!” Inuyasha spat, “I couldn't care less about you!”
“Stop it.” Kagome said quietly. Only Shippo heard her.
“You idiot! Kagome loves you!” Sango screamed at the top of her lungs.
“No, she doesn't!” Inuyasha yelled, “It's just an act so that she can kill me!”
“And why would I want to do that?” Kagome asked through clenched teeth.
“Because you don't want me to kill you first!” he shouted at her.
A single tear slid down Kagome's face. Followed by another. And another, and another, until a whole stream of tears where slowly cascading down her face.
“Shut up.” she told him. By now, Sango, Miroku, and Shippo had withdrawn from the fight, to angry to speak.
“Why should I do what you say, wench?” Inuyasha demanded.
“Because, I don't want to kill you.” Kagome replied as she pulled a gun from her backpack, “I thought that I might need this, this time, and it seems that I do. I really don't want to kill the one that I love so much, so don't make me.” She pleaded him with her eyes.
“Hah!” Inuyasha scoffed at the idea that something so small could harm him, “That thing can't do anything!” he ran at her with his hanyou speed.
“I'm sorry, Inuyasha!” Kagome cried out as she aimed at him and pulled the trigger. All sound ceased for a few seconds. Then, a loud shot rang through the air, as birds flew out of trees, shocked at the unusual noise.
“Twelve feet away from Kagome, lay Inuyasha's body, blood gushing out of his bullet wound.
“No...”Kagome whispered to herself as the realization of what she had done hit her. “No. It can't be! I didn't just do what I think I just did!” She sprinted to Inuyasha's body, scared of what she would find.
His body was starting to get cold.
“NOOOOO!” Kagome screamed. She started to sob over his body.
Sango and Miroku were shocked as Shippo started to snivel. Kilala, smelling the scent of blood, had instantly galloped to his mistress's side. Kilala was a fire cat demon. Able to transform into a smaller and larger form of itself.

AN: Well, Kagome has finally done the inevitable. I read ahead and noticed that Kagome always gets hurt and I got mad, so I'm going to get payback for Kagome. I know; It's sad, and I didn't want to, but I have no other choice! I'm sorry for all of you fans that thought that the story was going to be an Inuyasha/Kagome. I'll put up the votes soon.
PS: Three reviews if I should keep on writing. Thanks for reading!