InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Powerful Guardian Turned Spy ❯ Chapter 14

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I do not own: IY, YYH, TS




Chapter 14




The girls landed on the couch of Jerry's lavished and high tech office. They were way to familiar with this place and this irritated them to no end. When they landed on the red couch with the golden trim the air was sucked out of them as they saw the expression on Jerry's face. His face was never to worried in expression, he always had more than enough confidence in his team but this time it seems like it would be different. The girls' anger seemed to vanish just by seeing his sullen face. Keiko decided to speak up since her two partners seemed to be in shock with his expression.

"Jerry . . . what wrong? What happened?" Her voice was tiny and delicate but full of concern. Jerry hadn't even noticed that the girls had arrived; he had been sitting behind his desk looking down at a manila folder. He looked up and his face changed to a serious expression. "Girls, I have an assignment for you but unfortunately it wont be as simple as usual. We have sent three teams already and they have all disappeared completely as if they were . . . they were . . . I'm sorry that I have to send you but you are my best team-" Yukina didn't let him finish is little speech. "Jerry, when we first started our training we vowed to always protect human kind no matter what. We can handle it and you know it. So just tell us the case, give us our gadgets and specs and let us be on our way." Keiko and Kagome nodded in a agreement. They would always do what they had to, to protect.

Jerry was filled with pride, he knew why they were his best team and he knew why they were the ones to take care of this matter. "Very well girls, his name is unknown, we have not much data on this man because he keeps disappearing off of out surveillance. We don't know whether or not he is demon or human. We have been watching him for about 3 months now under suspicion of conspiracy and when we sent our first team to question him and investigate they did not return. We sent another team and we got a 5 second sound bite before we lost them too." Jerry pushed a button and on the screen behind him sound waves showed and the sounds that they represented was horrible and bone chilling. The blood curdling scream entered all of their ears and souls. Those were one of the longest five seconds of their lives. "I never knew that such a sound could exist. . . We sent the next best team that I had, from the states, they disappeared as well and thankfully, I didn't receive something so horrible from them. Using the sound bite we were able to locate where the transmission came from; I'm sorry to say though that he has once again disappeared from our sights. We will be sending you there to try to find his current location. We don't know what he's up to but its your job to find out and stop him."

The girls nodded and stood up. WHOOP was like a family and when somebody messes with your family you don't led that slide. They stood up and got on the moving platform as Jerry walked over to his own and GLADUS began to hand them out their gadgets as Jerry explained to them what they did. "Today you will have the Ice Queen perfume spray, the laser pen, the Traceable ladybug barrette, your standard jet pack backpack, the AWPWATI and the Feline stealth suit for optimum coverage in the shadows accompanied with X-Ray contact lense." They all had their gadgets and their backpacks and were standing in front of their standard fascia jet. They took out their X-Powders and pressed a button that activated their disguise function. From the lens on top of their X-Powders a let that looked like a scanner covered them and as it passed their bodies it changed their clothes into their spy outfits. "Jerry don't worry about us o.k., like you said, we're your best team and we wont let anything bad happen to us and we wont let you down." Kagome said with a hand on his shoulder. Jerry put his hand over her own. "I know you are fully capable, but this man is not like anything that we've ever seen and I don't want you to take him lightly. Please do be careful and if you're in a situation that you find to be too risky pelase fall back and return, we can always make a new strategy and new gadgts but i can't bear to loose another team . . ." The girls were touched and began to tear up with emotion. Jerry was like so special to them. To Yukina and Kagome, he was like the father they've never had, for Keiko it was like the perfect role model and ultimate person.

The girls turn around and board the jet. They took their respective seats and sent Jerry one last smile before they were off, they exited the buuilding through a doroway that opened for them on the side of the building. Once they were gone, Jerry turned and ran to his office to try and gain somemore iformation on the man that they were persuing.


Somewhere In The Sky: 11:17am

"Guys I'm pretty scared, I mean, Jerry was never like that. He never doubted us or was scared for us before. Maybe this is going to be too much for us. . ." Keiko said with her head down not paying attention to the controls that she was supposed to be commanding. Kagome hit that auto pilot button after putting in the coordinates that they were going to. "Listen Keiko, we can't loose our focus. I remember back when I was pursuing the jewel I felt at time that we were going to fail and that there was no hope for us. But you know what, those thoughts never stayed in my mind because my friends didn't let me stay in the frame of mind. The time for worrying is not now, if you begin to worry you will fail and something bad will happen." Kagome said to Keiko trying to ease her nerves.

"Yes, but how did that end . . ?" Keiko asked her, knowing the answer. Kagome tightened her fist that was laying on her lap. She was surprised that Keiko would take it to such a level. "Keiko realized what she had said and knew that she had crossed the line, Kagome though didn't let her get the chance to apologize. "You know what Keiko, you know that, that's not fair. But you know what, your right. Well, I guess we're all going to die today. I have to go use the bathroom." Kagome finished she was feeling the tears coming, but right now she was filled with anger and sadness and did not want to look at Keiko right now. She never knew that she would stoop to such a low level as to use her dead friends against her. Kagome had felt enough guilt towards what happened. She entered the bathroom, locked the door and broke down on the floor. She didn't need this right now. She needed to keep focus because if she died today or tomorrow by the hands of this man she would not be able to look at her dead friends faces in heaven, that is, assuming that she went to heaven.

Yukina looked at Keiko not believing what she had heard her say. "Keiko, why did you say that?" Keiko looked up at her with pain her eyes. ". . ." Keiko didn't say anything to the modest young girl ruled by ice. "Keiko? You know that wasn't very nice! Especially at a time like this!" Yukina exclaimed at her friend. She couldn't understand why she would say something so cruel; Keiko was a very nice sweet girl who would never try to hurt anyone emotionally or physically; that's the one thing that all three of them had in common. "Keiko?!-" Yukina was about demand Keiko for an explanation but she cut her off. "Because I'm scared! I'm scared, Yuseke was always there to protect me, to keep me safe! But I don't have him anymore! Who's going to keep me safe! You heard Jerry as well as I did, three teams! I don't want us to be the fourth!" Keiko finished off but and broke into violent sobs that were unsteady and broken.

Yukina's eyes softened seeing what the real problem was. Keiko was never one to be taken back by a mission, well maybe in the beginning but not anymore. Keiko had grown into such a woman that other people's need and safety far surpassed her own need for security and safety. "Keiko, this isn't about the mission, you know that . . ." Yukina hinted trying to get Keiko to realize it, it's always harder to hear the truth from others than yourself. "What do you mean? Of course it's about the mission!" Keiko said taking her hand out her palms, now a bit swollen and flushed. "Keiko, has something happened between you and Yuseke? Something that you haven't told us about? I understand your privacy, but sometimes somebody can bottle up emotions and release them at the most inopportune times and situations. Unintentionally of course, I mean, I'm sure you didn't mean it . . ." Keiko looked confused as she heard her friends little proclamation. "What are you talking about?" Keiko asked.

"Keiko I know that you and Yuseke broke up. Kazuma told me when I was visiting Genkai" Yukina said, disappointed that she had to be the one to open Keiko's eyes. Keiko's brow began to lower and she stood up angrily, tears still flowing down them like a minature creek. "You don't know what you're talking about! You're little miss perfect well I have real thoughts and feelings! What do you know?!" Keiko said stomping off to the back of the jet and closed the door between the sitting area and the cockpit.

Yukina stood there amazed. 'Why would Keiko say such horrible thing? I'm not perfect . . . Am I that horrible that Keiko hates me?' Yukina thought as she plopped down on her co-pilots chair. She didn't seem to have any emotion; she was in a state of shock.

Somewhere Over South America: 11:55 am

The plane's autopilot was beeping indicating that they were nearing their destination; the autopilot couldn't land the plane. Yukina was still sitting there, completely ignoring it, as if she was in a dreamscape. All of the sidden Kagome came to the cockpit and sat down at the controls in the center seat. Switching off the autopilot Kagome began to steer and after about a minute realized how hard it was to steer the plane. She looked to her side and saw Yukina wasn't doing anything, just kind of sitting there. "Yukina, come on it's time to land this bad boy." Kagome told Yukina this but her voice seemed to be missing that fire, that spice, that joy that she always had; it was. . . blan. "Come on Yukina." Kagome said it this time though in a voice that was a bit more annoyed than anything else, but it seemed to work. Yukina shook her head and looked over at Kagome who was looking sullenly at the sky ahead of her; Yukina did the same. "Keiko, come on, we gotta land." Kagome said surprisingly without any bitterness that you might expect, especially after what was said. "Keiko!" Kagome just didn't have any patience at this moment, at least not with her. "Sorry Yuki, can you hold it down while I go get her?" Yukina nodded and Kagome went to go find Keiko.

Kagome went to the sitting area and saw Keiko sitting behind the yellow puffy couch hugging her knees with a scowl on her face. "Keiko come on, we can't land without you." Kagome said a bit indifferently. "Why do you care if I help, you and Miss Perfecto over there can land without me, I'm not that important. . ." Kagome looked at Keiko as if she were a bit surprised at her response but suddenly her eyebrows met as if they were old friends who owed each other money. "Get off your behind and help land this jet right now. Stop being so self absorbed and such a brat!" Kagome screamed angirly, she was getting really tired of her attitude. Keiko shot up instantly and started pocking Kagome's chest while she spat out angry words. "Listen, you have no idea what I'm going through right now! So why don't you just leave me alon?!" Keiko screamed and put her hand into fists at her sides. Kagome's blood began to boil but controlled her volume and calmed down. "You're right, I don't know, but I've been through a lot worse the only way that I got through it was to let go, just let go because you getting an attitude with me isn't going to do anything. And as for what you did to Yuki, she had nothing to do with this, all she ever did was try to help you. If you decide to be a team player and get over yourself we'll be landing . . . hopefully we wont crash." Kagome said simply and walked away to help Yukina, she could feel the wheels coming out from under the plane.

"Listen, Yuki, I'm sorry for just running out like that, I shouldn't of done that." Kagome said to Yukina as she kept her eyes tightly on the sky, trying to stearthe plane in a way so that they would land with the least amount of turbulance. "It's o.k. Kagome, I mean I know that what she said just wasn't fair. Do you think we'll disappear too?" Yukina asked concerned trying to change the subject maybe alleviating the pressure of anger in the atmosphere. Even though the air was being constantly recycled, you can't get rid of a feeling. "I think we'll get him and Jerry will be so proud of us that he'll actully give us a break . . . for real." Kagome and Yukina giggled slilghtly at her wit. Then Keiko came and sat down at ther seat and began to help steer making the steering a lot easier. "Hey Keiko, do you think that we'll disappear?" Yukina asked her trying to forget about their incident. "No, actually, I think we'll be back by dinner." She popped a smile and they landed the plan flawlessly in a field on some island that was no minature model.