InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Truth Be Told ❯ Chapter 3: New School? Demons in Tokyo?! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho or Inuyasha. I do own the plot.
T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H --B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D
Chapter 3: New School; Demons In Tokyo?
“Mom!” A loud voice yells.
Souta looks up from his video games in time to see a silver and green blur blow right by him. “Ahh!!! Ghost!”
“Souta shut up!” Kagome yells.
Souta blinks as Kagome skids to a halt 5 feet away from him. “Sis, what’d you do?”
“No time to talk now Souta, gotta talk to okaa-san!” With that said, Kagome runs off to the kitchen leaving a startled Souta sitting on the floor.
"Okay, now that was weird."
In the kitchen...
"MOM!” Kagome yells, blazing into the kitchen.
Mrs. Higurashi turns around to see Kagome, who caught herself just in time and used a bit of magic Shippou taught her to switch to her human form.

“Hey Kagome. It’s been a long time since you’ve been home, have you completed your mission?” Mrs. Higurashi asks.
Kagome nods slowly. “Yeah, the mission is over. And umm… well…” Kagome unknowingly starts stuttering trying to complete her sentence.
“Kagome, before you say anything else I have some news of my own.” Mrs. Higurashi says, smiling brightly.
“What is it mom?” Kagome asks.
“Well, your school said that since you’ve missed so many days of school you are no longer able to go there.” Kagome stares wide-eyed at her mom. “Your cousin suggested you go to his school. I thought about the offer and accepted. The school uniform hasn’t come in yet though…”
Kagome resists the urge to start twitching or fall over and instead mutters, “Yusuke?”
Mrs. Higurashi nods. “Yup, he said he’d come by today to help you to school. In fact, he should be here any second, trusting that he’s not late of course. You should go get changed. I don’t think you want to go to school in a dirty kimono.”
Kagome blinks, wondering what her mom is talking about, before remembering that Sango had lent her a kimono for training, which she is now wearing.
“Oh yeah, I forgot about that… Be right back!” Kagome says, before running out of the kitchen and up the stairs.
Mrs. Higurashi chuckles. ‘I wonder if she doesn’t know her eyes are still green and her fox nature show through in her personality and in the fiery red-orange tips in her hair.’
A few minutes later Kagome comes dashing downstairs wearing black jeans and a green top, her hair is pulled up into a ponytail with a red and white rose slipped in her hair.
“Where’s you get the rose Kagome?” Mrs. Higurashi asks curiously.
“Oh, this? Well…”
F.L.A.S.H.B.A.C.K.
“Kagome! Look what I found!” Shippou yells, running up to her with his hand outstretched.
“Let me see Shippou.” Kagome says, turning around to face the kit.
Shippou smiles and proudly drops a flower petal into Kagome’s hands. “I found it in the forest. I figured since your fox magic is somehow strongest with plants you would want this.”
Kagome looks down at the flower petal and gasps. “Shippou, thank you… It’s beautiful.” The flower petal is mainly white with fiery red tips.
Shippou smiles brightly before giving Kagome a quick hug.
E.N.D. F.L.A.S.H.B.A.C.K.
“Shippou gave it to me.” Kagome says simply.
“It’s pretty. Here’s you bag Kagome.” Mrs. Higurashi says, handing Kagome a small green book bag. “You may want to go wait outside for-”
“Aunt Kimiko!” A familiar voice yells. “I’m here to take Kago-”
“Yusuke!” -CLUNK!-
“I guess Souta found out Yusuke’s here.” Kagome mumbles. “I’d better go save him…” Kagome sighs and walks into the living room where she finds Souta talking a mile a minute to Yusuke.
“Souta, how about you leave Yusuke alone. We’ve gotta get to school.” Kagome says from the doorway.
Yusuke turns around and smiles gratefully at Kagome. “Hey Kags.”
“‘Suke, I hope this won’t make you late for school.” Kagome says, fiddling with the book bag’s strap.
Yusuke shrugs. “The stupid teachers are used to it by now.”
Kagome unknowingly growls at Yusuke and gives him a piercing glare. “What is that suppose to mean? I hope you don’t have a bad reputation.”
Yusuke waves it off. “My friends are waiting outside, if we stay too long one of them will take off, he’s the only one in this group that likes school, besides Keiko.”
The two make their way for the front door still chatting.
“Keiko? Who’s that your girlfriend?” After that statement Kagome can’t help but crack up in laughter.
After glancing up at Yusuke to see his expression her laughter dies away. “Dear god… You’re serious…” After a moment of quiet, except for the noise of Yusuke opening the sliding door, Kagome bursts out laughing once again.
Yusuke tosses her an odd look before stepping out into the bright sun.
Kagome’s laughter slowly dies down to a chuckle as she steps out into the sun to see who are obviously her cousins friends, waiting.
The tallest one with orange hair is currently playing with Kagome’s oversized cat Buyo, a few feet away from him is a girl with blue hair leaning up against a small tree The last one Kagome see’s is examining the God Tree, his long reddish hair giving him a fox demon-like appearance.
Kagome unconsciously tucks a strand of hair behind her ears, the deep red-orange piece catching Yusuke’s eye.
“Kag, did you dye your hair?” Yusuke asks.
Kagome turns to Yusuke slowly, as the blue-haired girl pays attention to what is going on. “What are you talking about Yusuke? It would most likely be you to dye your hair.”
“How do you explain the orange tips in your hair then, and your green eyes then Kags.” Yusuke taunts.
Kagome starts growling resisting the urge to tackle her cousin, and then the words he said hit her. ‘What the hell! But those are my demon traits! They shouldn’t be showing through- not with my spell up!’ “Uhh… hehe… It’s kinda a long story Yusuke. Tell ya later, 'kay?” Kagome sighs and decides to change the topic. “So, who are your friends.”
“Kuwabara is the idiot playing with your cat, that’s Botan, and the one over by that freaky tree is Kurama. He’s got this odd obsession with plants.”
Said boy glares at Yusuke from across the yard, and Kuwabara continues playing with Buyo.
Kagome growls for the third time in one day at her cousin. “Don’t make fun of plants around me Yusuke.”
Botan decides to take this time to walk over to Kagome and Yusuke. “Hey, you must be Yusuke’s cousin Kagome, I’m Botan.”
“Nice to meet you Botan.” Kagome turns to Yusuke once again. “Shouldn’t we be leaving for school? The last thing I need is to be late on my first day.”
Botan nods energetically. “I’ll take her you guys. Oh, Yusuke catch.” Botan tosses something over to Yusuke, who catches it with ease.
“Thanks Botan.” Yusuke yells to her, as the two girls, followed by Kurama, make their way down the many steps.
Sarayashiki Jr. High...
“See you guys later!” Botan tells them.
“Yeah, see you Botan!” Kagome says, watching the cheery blue-haired girl run off.
Kagome turns to face Kurama. “Guess I’ll see you later Kurama. I have a feeling we’ll meet up again soon. Oh, and someone’s been watching us this whole time, so be careful okay.” Kagome whispers the last part. Before dashing inside.
Kurama glances to the trees where Hiei is at. “I’d be more careful Hiei. You might get spotted.”
Later...
After her first day back at school in the busy halls, Kagome had thought she’d be too tired to do anything. But thanks to her fox demon blood she was feeling just as perky as she had been for the past month.
She was happy with her new schedule. First period was Math which Kurama was also in. Second period was History, Yusuke, Kuwabara, Kurama, and apparently Keiko was in that class. Then came Science, Keiko was in that class. After Science was lunch, she ate with the group outside, after she climbed up onto a tree getting odd looks from everyone except Yusuke (who is used to it by now) and Kurama. After lunch was P.E. with Keiko. Then English class, none of the group was in there. Last was art, unfortunately Yusuke and Kuwabara were in that class, but Keiko and Kurama were also there.
All in all it was a good day for Kagome who was ready to spend some time with her cousin, if possible…
0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0“Hey guys wait up!” Kagome yells running up to them.
Keiko is the first to turn around, and yells a greeting to Kagome. “Hey Kagome!”
Kagome runs up beside Keiko, making sure to stay away from Kuwabara. After the art room incident she didn’t really want to go near him.
“So, what are you guys up to?” Kagome asks, as they start walking away from school.
“Probably going to fight a demon or two.” Yusuke says jokingly.
“Urameshi! That’s not funny!” Kuwabara protests.
Kagome rolls her eyes. “And you used to be the one afraid of grandpa’s stupid stories, and I’m the one who lives at the shrine. Remember that Yusuke? The evil, dark, spooky well that freaked you out so much you wouldn’t even walk by the well house.” Kagome smirks as Yusuke pales slightly.

“Not in front of them Kagome. Or should I tell them how you used to climb up onto the God Tree’s bottom limb and throw pinecones at Buyo thinking he was a demon.” Yusuke says.

“The thing’s I did weren’t nearly as bad as yours.” Kagome retorts.

“Oh really. Name a few.”
“Let’s see… you blew up grandpa’s storage shed once, another time you freaked out when you fell over by the well house and started chucking pinecones everywhere. Then there was that time when you-”
“Okay okay!”
“You blew up a storage shed Urameshi?” Kuwabara asks.
“I swear it was Buyo!” Yusuke says.
Kagome sighs. “Sure, blame my overweight cat. Just like you always would when we were little.” Kagome suddenly bursts out laughing. “Like that one time when you-”
“KAGOME!”
“Okay Yusuke, jeez don’t start chucking pinecones around again.” Kagome says, still laughing as she dodges Yusuke’s wild punches. “Where’d you learn to fight like that?” Kagome asks, dodging again.
“From your cat.” Yusuke mumbles.
Kagome snorts and does a back flip, landing out of Yusuke’s reach, which causing her rose to come loose and fall into Yusuke’s path.
“Hold on, Yusuke! My rose!” Kagome quickly calculates the easiest way to get to the rose. Feigning a dodge to the right, Kagome quickly backs up before flipping over Yusuke’s head and landing gracefully on the ground by the rose.
The whole group looks at her in shock, while Kagome casually picks up her rose before standing up. She notices everyone staring at her. “What’s the matter with you guys, you’d think you’ve never seen anyone do a flip before.” ‘Besides, this is nothing compared to what I usually do…’
Annoyed by their shocked faces, Kagome growls and brushes by Yusuke. “I don’t know about you guys, but I’ve got homework to do. And I’d like to finish it in time to go for a nice long run, so see y…” Kagome trails off and stares disbelievingly into an ally. “What the..” ‘A demon?! Here! In my time?! I’ve gotta be imagining things. I’ve been spending way too much time in the Feudal Era… I’m starting to see things. But… if it is real, I’d better get my cousin and new friends out of here. Then double back and get rid of this thing.’
“Keiko, Kagome, we’ve got an errand to run. You guy’s go on home. We’ll see you later.” Yusuke says, flicking a glance to the ally.
‘What the hell! As if I’m going to leave my cousin out here with a demon! You’ve gotta be kidding me! Hang on… I got a plan now. It’ll draw the demon out. Most likely Yusuke and the others will run, and I can destroy this thing. But if they don’t, I’ll have to use my priestess energy. Either way, this will work… I hope…’
Following her plan, Kagome suddenly falls over on the sidewalk pretending to faint. ‘This had better work…’
“Kagome! Are you okay?” Yusuke, Kuwabara, and Keiko rush over to Kagome’s side as the youkai leaps from the ally.
Kagome’s eye’s flash open and she shoves Yusuke, Kuwabara, and Keiko away using her holy energy. “Move it!” Then she concentrates on the demon frowning. ‘How weak is this thing!? This is pathetic, the worst it could do would be to knock out Kuwabara… although that wouldn’t be a really bad thing. But then, it’s a demon in a big city. Demons plus humans mixed together is nothing but trouble. Alrighty then. Time to purify some demon ass!’ Kagome lets loose a light blast from her right hand before the others have a chance to move. The demon merely shrugs off the blast and proceeds to go toward Kagome. “WHAT THE HELL!”
“Kagome, get out of here! We’ll handle this!” Yusuke yells.
“Shut it Yusuke! No time for games!” Kagome yells, bringing forth her demon evergy. ‘If my priestess energy doesn’t work… then I have to use my demon energy. Even a major demon would have been hurt from that blast, even though it was small.’ Concentrating on a bit of demon energy she manages to pull forward, she throws it toward the demon who seemingly absorbs it. “So much for plan B…” Kagome mumbles.
“I hope you don’t have a plan C!” Yusuke yells.
Kagome growls at Yusuke, before jumping out of the way of the minor demon. “Of course I have a plan C! Unless you have a better idea! If you say throwing pinecones I swear I will kill you Yusuke!”
The demon starts moving faster around the small group.
“Kagome! Get Keiko out of here!” Yusuke yells.
“No way! It’s targeting me so that would put Keiko in danger! Make your idiotic pal here do it! I’m getting rid of this thing no matter what! You forget Yusuke that I have lived in an odd shrine my whole life. I always have a backup plan!” Kagome yells, before forming a larger ball of priestess energy and hurling it at the demon.
“I’ll get her out of here Urameshi! You get rid of this thing!” Kuwabara yells. “Come on Keiko!” Kuwabara grabs Keiko’s hand and drags her away from the minor battle.
“Yusuke, Kurama, I hope you know what you’re doing!” Kagome yells at the two.
“And I hope you know what you’re doing girl!” A voice says, joining the three.
“Hiei?!” Yusuke asks.
Hiei draws his sword while Kagome sends a glare at Yusuke that clearly states, ‘Explanations later Yusuke. You ditch, and I will harm you very badly.' Before turning her attention back to the demon, dodging just in time.
‘I can’t keep this up much longer with my human guise on. I can sense that the new guy is a demon, and a faint bit of demon energy from Kura- okay, I take that back. Seeing as how he pulled a lethal looking vine out of nowhere, he’s a demon… or half anyway. Damn, Yusuke has lots of explaining! But then again... I do too.'
With that though, Kagome took down her disguise and let her hair down before slipping the rose into a pocket.
“FOX FIRE!" Kagome yells as Kurama throws his whip at the demon. The combined effects of the two foxes alone is enough to destroy it.
Kagome stares at the charred remains of the demon. “Okay then… that was easy.”
Yusuke turns to Kagome, who automatically sighs. “I know, I know, I’ve got a lot of explaining to do. But so do you Yusuke. You know two demons, one of which I just met today and you didn’t tell me. And before you even ask, yes I am a demon. Half and half actually.” A piece of black hair drifts into Kagome’s view and she impatiently brushes it back. ‘Wait a minute! Black?! But my hair is silver and orange.”
Without warning, Kagome passes out. This time for real.
0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0
KaGoMe'S PoInT oF vIeW
I slowly open my eyes to see… red… okay then… I’m in my bed in my time. I’m not in the Feudal Era which means that Shippou’s not here. And since it’s only the tips of my hair that are a reddish color that’s obviously not it.
Hang on… Kurama has red hair… But what would Kurama be doing in my room… Well, this is interesting.
Lifting up my head slightly and wincing at my forming headache, I see Yusuke and Kuwabara snickering pointing at a black lump on my window. Oh wait, it’s breathing… And what the heck is that blue thing that’s running around my room?
“Puu. Calm down.” I hear Yusuke say.
I smirk and decide to watch, but then Botan comes out of a portal with a floating… baby? I can’t help myself but the start snickering.
“Hey Urameshi, your cousin’s awake.” Kuwabara states.
“I can see that idiot.” Yusuke says, before turning to Botan and the floating baby. “What do you want now toddler.”
“Yusuke, don’t be so rude.” I mumble sitting up fully now, which causes Kurama to mumble something before sitting up and blinking. I notice his eyes are golden, but then fade back into the green they were yesterday. Well, that’s interesting...
“You guys didn’t spend the whole night here did you?” Botan asks.
Yusuke points to the black lump on my window.
“Is that Hiei?” The floating baby asks.
Feeling slightly annoyed at not knowing what is going on I growl at my cousin. “Why exactly is there a floating baby in my room, and why are you all still here.”
“Uhh…” Yusuke is apparently at a loss for words.
I sigh. ‘It’s going to be a long morning…’
T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L -D--T-R-U-T-H--B-E--T-O-L-D--
Well, I know there's gonna be somebody disappointed and I'll most likely get a flame... oh well. Here's some things I'm gonna clear up before anyone asks.
1) In this story Kurama is the same age as the Yusuke Kuwabara and the others. I think he's really older than them but I can't remember...
2) Shippou's wish will all be revieled in time. Not sooner, no later... and now I'm going to have some annoyed people reviewing asking what the wish is, but (takes deep breath) I AIN'T GONNA TELL!
Please review!