InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Truth Be Told ❯ Chapter 25: The Victory ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho or Inuyasha. I do own Ganko, Hana, Kira, any other original characters and the plot. Oh and this pretty shiny penny on the floor... (admires penny)

Chapter 25: The Victory

Kagome, Sango, Miroku, Shippou, and Kagura stand on their side outside the ring. Kagome’s wearing a navy blue martial arts uniform, Miroku’s wearing his monks robes, Sango’s wearing her taijiya uniform, Shippou’s wearing blue jeans and a forest green t-shirt, and Kagura is wearing a lighter weight white kimono with magenta butterflies on it.

Kagome groans and buries her face in her hands. “I cannot believe them.”

“Well, at least we know who they’re cheering for.” Sango replies, sweat dropping.

Miroku laughs. “Now, now ladies.”

“Shut up, Miroku.” Sango and Kagome say in unison.

“Hey look! There’s Kira, Ayame, Kouga, and Hanna!” Shippou says, enthusiastically waving. “Hey, why’s Kirara with them?”

All of team Shikon looks up to see Kirara jogging over to them, a grave expression on her face. “Shippou, you’re sitting this one out.” She says upon reaching them. “This is hard enough on Kagome as it is, go sit with the others.”

“W-what?! But I wanna help momma!” Shippou protests.

“But if we win this one there’s no more changing teammates.” Kagura says. “Shippou, do you really want to face Sari or her minions?”

Shippou looks down at the ground. “Not really…”

Kagome kneels down beside Shippou. “Shippou, I want you to stay safe, alright. Go sit with the others.”

“Alright momma, be careful. Especially you Miroku!” Shippou says, before scampering over to Ayame, Kouga, Hana, and Kira.

Kagome stands up as their team’s name is called. “You guys ready?”

Kirara nods, straightening her black and white spaghetti strap shirt. “Ready as I’ll ever be, fearless leader.”

Kagome weakly laughs. “I’d better get up there.” She says, before walking over to the ring, and jumping up on it before walking over to Ookami and Yusuke.

Yusuke watches her wearily. “Kagome.”

“Yusuke.” Kagome acknowledges. “One on one, like usual?”

“Tell Kirara there’s no shadow slipping.” Yusuke says.

“Then you tell Ganko there’s no shadow slipping.” Kagome replies.

“Is that all?” Ookami asks, tapping her microphone.

Kagome and Yusuke both nod and then turn away from one another, walking back to their own teams.

“Alright everyone!” Ookami shouts into the microphone. “We’ve got another one-on-one battle here with only one rule attached! Since one fighter on each of the teams has shadow powers, they are not allowed to do any shadow slipping during this battle! Teams, send up your first fighter!”

“I’ll go.” Kirara says, stepping forward.

Kagome nods. “Alright Kirara. Be careful up there, all right.”

Kirara flashes Kagome a quick false smile. “Don’t worry Kags! I’ll be fine!” She says, before getting up into the ring.
From Team Urameshi, Ganko steps up to fight.

A loud cheer for team Shikon erupts from the stands, and the wolf demons wave their newest idea- Team Shikon flags and large banner.

“Fighters, get ready!” Ookami says, holding up a hand. “One! Two! Three! FIGHT!” She brings her hand down swiftly and moves out of the way as Ganko shoots ice at Kirara and Kirara sends fire to Ganko. The fire and ice clashes, sending steam rising up into the air.

Kirara smirks. “You’re good, for a fox.”

Ganko smirks right back. “And you’re pretty good for a cat.”

“What do you say we make this interesting,” Kirara asks, her eyes glowing red.

Ganko’s eyes begin glowing bright icy blue. “Why yes, this tournament does need to be made more interesting.”

Everyone has to shield their eyes from the brightness of the two transforming. Both of them have their elements swirling around them. When the light fades away and the powers disappear, Kirara can be seen in her gold and black cat form, and Ganko can be seen in his black and red fox form.

What follows is possibly the bloodiest fight anyone had ever seen. Even though both of them can channel their powers through their paws, it doesn’t make much of a difference. After a long and hard battle, it’s Kirara that ends up the victor, an unconscious Ganko laying at her paws. Stepping away from the wounded and unconscious fox demon, Kirara transforms back to her more human-like form, stumbling from blood loss.

Ookami awkwardly climbs back up into the ring, having climbed down when Kirara and Ganko had transformed. “Well, I think it’s fairly obvious who won this round,” She says, nervously peering down at the beaten fox. “can we get a medic in here?”
Both teams have to wait a few minutes for a few healers to get Ganko out of then ring, then Ookami practically skips back out into the middle of the ring. “Now that was a battle! But what else would you expect from a fire-cat who grew up during the Sengoku Jedai era!”

Kirara gives a half bow from her spot out of the ring, winces, and goes back to leaning against the wall.

Ookami smiles, and gives a small twirl, winking at a few hot guys from her wolf tribe. “Alright teams! Please send up your next fighter!”

Miroku steps forward determinedly. “I’ll go.”

“Taking on Kuwabara?” Sango asks. “Have fun.”

Miroku smiles. “I’ll try.” He says, before walking up onto the ring.

Sango sighs, fingering the strap to Hiraikotsu. “Kagome, I’m not sure if Miroku can take him… he still has a limp.”

Kagome smiles at Sango. “Don’t worry, Sango. Miroku can take care of himself. If he couldn’t, how would he have lasted against all the demon’s we’ve fought.”

Kagura sighs. “I think his leg is a problem.” She says, pointing at Miroku, who’s already collapsed on the stage.

Sango barely glances at Miroku. “That’s a feint.” She says, smirking as Miroku swings his staff and knocks Kuwabara upside the head. “See?”

Kagura rolls her eyes. “Slayer, you’re boyfriend is weird.”

“That’s why I love him.” Sango says, before realizing what she said.

Kagome laughs. “I knew it!”

Sango blushes bright red. “T-that’s not what I meant!”

“The blush never lies, Sango!” Kagome says, giggling.

Miroku jumps down from the ring and raises an eyebrow. “Why are you blushing, Sango?”

“N-no reason!” Sango says, jumping. “Alright, I’m next! Kagome not a word to Miroku!” She warns, before running up onto the ring.

Kagome and Kagura sigh while Miroku stares longingly at Sango’s butt. Kirara rolls her eyes and grumbles something about immature, ‘holy’ monks.

“Nice knockout, Miroku.” The fire-cat comments. “Now stop staring at Sango’s ass before I kick your ass.”

Miroku turns around and smiles at Kirara. “That’s something you’ve always wanted to do, isn’t it?”

Kirara nods. “Yes, although I can’t really do anything to you if you watch her as she fights. That’s completely different.”
“Hmm…” Miroku murmurs, turning around to watch his beloved Sango.

Sango glares at Hiei. Hiei looks back indifferently. Ookami sighs in exasperation.

“Will one of you please do something! Anything! Please?” She begs, yelping in surprise as Sango swings her Hiraikotsu at Hiei. “Now that’s much better!”

Sango blocks out Ookami’s in-depth narration and focuses all her attention on the fire apparition in front of her. Easily catching her boomerang, she charges Hiei, only to have him dodge her attack, and slam the hilt of his sword down on the slayer’s back in-between her shoulder blades.

“And Sango’s down!”

Sango groans pushes herself back up and begins fighting again.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Sango groans and nurses her head injury, Kirara lays snoozing in her small fire-cat form on the window sill, Miroku is soaking bandages in warm water in the kitchen, Kagura is making tea again, and Kagome’s sitting on the couch beside Sango, brushing Shippou’s fluffy tail.

“I can’t believe we lost… I can’t believe I lost to a demon.” Sango grumbles, wincing.

Kagome sighs. “I know, I’m disappointed too, Sango. I mean, I figured I would lose to Yusuke, since he’s more used to one-on-one fighting, but when it actually happened…”

“It’s shocking.” Sango finishes. “We were given this assignment by Sesshoumaru and we failed. He trusted us to kill Sari and avenge Kita’s death.”

“Now, now ladies! It’s much too depressing in here!” Miroku says, carrying in the tub of soaking bandages. “Now, which one of you is going to help me dress Kirara’s wounds?”

“I’ll help!” Shippou says, bounding off of Kagome’s lap.

Miroku sighs. ‘And here I was hoping Sango would come help me… perhaps that would be too distracting though.’ He thinks about this for a second. “No.”

“‘No’ what?” Shippou asks curiously, wringing out one of the bandages. “And why is this water so hot, Miroku? Isn’t it suppose to be cool?”

“We have to wash her wounds first.” Miroku replies, rolling up his already wet sleeves.

“It’s pointless, Miroku.” Sango says, commenting about his sleeves.

Kagome sighs and stands up as Sango and Miroku begin to pointlessly bicker.

“Where are you going, momma?” Shippou asks, looking up from Kirara’s worst wound.

Kagome smiles at her adopted son. “I’m going to go watch the end of Yusuke’s fight. It should be about over now.”

Shippou nods and then turns back to cleaning the fire-cat’s wound.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

A highly frustrated and battered Yusuke sends off another Spirit Gun blast in Sari’s direction. The dark-haired demoness dodges the attack and sends a large one back with the use of her sword. Yusuke’s chocolate brown eyes widen as the energy spreads, making it impossible to dodge it.

The raven-haired boy hears his name being screamed by a familiar voice before everything goes dark for him.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

“Is he alright, momma?” A small feminine voice asks.

“We don’t know yet, Kira.” A girl replies.

Yusuke groans. ‘Why’s everything so loud?’ Slowly, he opens his eyes and tries to look around.

“Momma! Aunt Kagome! He’s awake! Yusuke’s awake!” The lilac blur above him yells, before bounding away. The lilac blur is replaced by two more- one black and the other silver.

“Yusuke, are you alright?” Kagome’s familiar voice asks.

Yusuke almost winces from the high volume. “Yeah, I think so.” He hoarsely replies. “Why can’t I see?”

“Y-you can’t see?” Kagome shutters, fear laced in her voice.

“Relax Kagome, it’s probably just part of the aftereffects.” The silver blur says. “Yusuke, tell me what you can see.”

Yusuke sighs. “A black blur and a silver blur.”

“That’s not good.” The silver blur murmurs, moving away for a minute. “Kirara, you might want to come over here.”

Yusuke winces again, since to him everything’s a lot louder than usual. “Can you quiet down?”

“Alright, what we got here?” Kirara asks, walking over. “Hmm… Yusuke, hold still so I can take a look at your eyes, alright?”

Yusuke holds still as the golden blob that is obviously Kirara, hovers over him, humming slightly.

“Hang on a sec, Yusuke, this might sting a little.” Is all the warning the spirit detective gets before his face is doused with cold water.

Yusuke yelps and jumps up, furiously blinking his eyes. He glares at Kirara, not paying any attention to the fact he can see more clearly than usual. “What the hell was that for?!”

Kirara smirks. “Well, somebody’s back to normal. Alright Kags, I leave it up to you and the others to explain. I’ve gotta get back to Sesshy’s so I can help the triplet’s plan their big celebration. Ja ne!” The fire-cat summons up her newest wind and shadows trick and disappears from sight.

Yusuke stares at the spot Kirara was for a minute before looking over at Kagome. “So what’s going on? The last thing I remember is that Sari girl shooting some weird light power at me and then I blacked out.”

Kagome sighs and holds out a mirror. “It’s hard to explain so just… look.”

Confused, Yusuke takes the mirror from his cousin and looks into it. “WHAT THE HELL?!” He shouts, nearly dropping the mirror in shock.

Kira giggles. “Momma, Yusuke’s got dog ears like yours!”

Hana sighs. “So we all see.”

Yusuke’s jaw drops in shock and the mirror falls softly onto the bed he’s sitting on. Carefully, he reaches his now clawed hand up to the black dog ears on top of his head.

“How are you feeling, Yusuke?” Mrs. Higurashi asks.

Yusuke jumps. He hadn’t even realized she is in the room. Looking around, he sees that his and Kagome’s teams, Souta, Kohaku, Mrs. Higurashi, a silver and black haired dog demon he doesn’t remember, a lilac-haired fox demon, and two wolf demons are in the room.

Yusuke half-heartedly grins. “Stiff and sore all over. And everything’s too loud.”

This statement earns him a few laughs before Mrs. Higurashi ushers everyone out of the room, claiming that Yusuke needs to rest. Yusuke stops Kurama before he leaves.

“Hey Kurama, remember that question you asked me a while back?” Yusuke asks, laying back down on the bed.

Kurama’s emerald eyes betray his anxiety for a moment. “Yes.”

“My answer… is yes.” He sighs. “You have my permission.”

Kurama inclines his head. “Thank you, Yusuke.”


Shiro: Well, there's that chapter. Certainly took me long enough, didn't it?

Bast: Aren't you going to tell them the news?

Shiro: (sighs) Yes... Alright, you can either take this as good news or bad news. Truth is, I've already mapped out the remaining chapters. Basically, the next chapter covers event up to one month before Kagome's blood changes. It should cover the pairings of this story. It's also the last chapter. Then comes the epilogue, which is the usual 'what's going on six years later' thing. But fear not, for I have some ideas for sub-stories! Of course, you'll have to check down after the Thank You's to see them! ((as I'm apparently no longer to respond to reviews)) (scowls)

Bast: And also, once Truth Be Told is all finished, Shiro plans on going back and editting stuff, which means that Taiyoukai (the current last name for Sesshy and Rin's family) will be changed to Taisho.

THANK YOU'S TO:

DarkDragonesFlyEveryWhere, blondefox, Hiei&SesshyMINE!!!, Sweet Cotton Blossom, awayukileafunia, animefanatic-9877, Kuramas Sweetie, Sakura Blossom-Cilla-85, Kitsune-Miko-Tenshi, kagomente, nekoofdeath, FoxylilRaven, regretfully-yours-Cassy-chan, andRyukotsusei.

Q&A
Where is Ganko from?
Alright, so this was actually my question from the last chapter, but hey, guess I'm answering it here. The Ganko I used in this story is based off my character Ganko from Illusion (which is why he's half human and has ice powers). So, he's not DreamVixen's muse, Ganko. ((Oh, and rest assured Koto, that if it was DreamVixen's Ganko, you would be his mentioned girlfriend.))

Sub-stories for Truth Be Told- (keep in mind that I may or may not write these. They are merely ideas)
Souta's book of Ultimate Truth or Dare- Tells how Souta got the idea to make the book and goes into detail on some of the rules.
101 Ways to Annoy Family Members and More- About Kaori, Kenji, and Kojiro's lovely little fiction mentioned in chapter 14: meeting the family. One-shot
The Camera- Remember the infamous camera from chapter 14: meeting the family? Well this is how Shippou, Souta, and Kohaku found said camera. One-shot
Kirara's Story- A little insight on what Kirara went through growing up with Sesshy. Continues until right before she met Sango.
Growing Up in the House of Taisho- something of a companion piece to Kirara's Story. Ever wonder what the Taisho kids had to go through growing up? What Sesshoumaru and Rin went through in their numerous attempts to make the triplets behave? All the answers to questions you have about the Taisho family.