InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Zuiichi Takara ❯ Chapter 7: To Live ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

A/n: Okay, everyone, here’s Chapter 7 of Zuiichi Takara. This is a kind of choppy version of this chapter, I may revise it in the future. Probably will...Enjoy!


*Zuiichi Takara*

By: Kage Otome (Shadow Maiden)

Chapter 7: To Live


Life

Living.

How we take it for granted so often. We forget the little things that bring smiles to our faces, sometimes. And sometimes we do things carelessly, hurt people without regard for what they feel. We never take the time to smell the roses because we are always trying to gain power, prestige, money, the fame and the things we believed to be lacking in our youth. But sometimes we’ve had it all, and other times we didn’t.

Some people were lucky to be born into a loving family, who may fight and argue, but it’s a part of growing up. Maturing enough to resolve problems without blowing things out of proportion. Some of us are nourished within the loving embrace of our family and friends.

Others of us aren’t so lucky.

Brought up with abusive or no parents at all. We’re not taught to resolve problems, you cause them seeking attention, or you grow cold, not understanding things like love. Some of us aren’t graced with a happy ending, we have to make our own.

Life is to short to be taken for granted, it’s to short to worry and bother over things you can’t change or fix. Life is to short to live sheltered and protected. You have to take risks, otherwise, you’ll always wonder...

What if?

Life isn’t something that you can control, just go with the flow. Don’t push against the current, because you’ll be swept away. Life is beautiful, and it’s terrifying. You can ride life, or life can ride you. And I think, Life is something that should be cherished, because in a second it can all change and be taken away. I may not show it often, but I enjoy life, living with mine. Living in the moment. I wouldn’t have it any other way.

And if there is one thing I’ve learned in addition to this, it’s this---

Life goes on, it waits for no one.
------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------------------------

Her eyelids felt so heavy, like lead. Her body felt even heavier, she couldn’t move anything. Someone was groaning---was that her? A soft moan fell from her lips as she forced her eyelids open, her eyesight was blurry, but at least she could see something or at least a blur of something. A color---white?

“Kagome...Kagome...Can you hear me?”

She heard a distant voice calling her name, it was familiar.

Very familiar.

“Kuronue.” His name was a mere whisper, throaty and choked.

“Kagome.” His voice was filled with relief as he wrapped his arms around her body. Weakly she tried to return it.

“Why do I feel so weak?”

“Because your body is still cleansing itself of the poisons.”

“Oh...It’s the girlie fox prince.”

She fell back into blissful unconsciousness before she could hear the sputtering of the indignant fox.

------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------

Sesshouma ru was hard pressed not to forget everything he’d ever been taught and just break out laughing. The look on Youko’s face was priceless when she called him the ‘girlie fox prince’. That girl was very--amusing, even recovering from ‘death’ and delirious. His golden eyes trailed down the contours of her face and the curve of her body beneath the sheets. Her long blue-black hair was being stroked by the bat demon that had cornered them on their way back to the palace and demanded they release her, of course his mind was changed once he found out how bad her condition was. So now the Eastern Palace was occupied by the kitsune female, the koumori, a miko, his half-brother, and another human boy. What an odd group she had.

Of course, not that he was in any position to comment on such. He had a human child and a toad for companions. Then again---neither Sesshoumaru nor Kagome were ones for normality, they did things there way. Of course not that anyone would dare try and stop them--what do you think they’ve been doing for the past century or so? Building up their reputations of course. There was no one stupid enough to question or challenge them in their houses, or rather in Kagome’s group and the house of the moon. They would be dealt with immediately, most of the time, anyone who rose up against them were killed--quickly and mercilessly.

That was just how they were. And they weren’t going to change for anyone.

---------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------

It was obvious to Sesshoumaru that the koumori--Kuronue and the injured kitsune--Kagome were more then just ‘friends’. Of course the same could be speculated with Youko considering how close he was to the injured female. Smacking him before he could do something he’d regret, Youko pulled up to glare at his old friend. Gold eyes watched with a slight tinge of rage, something dark and angry as Kuronue nuzzled her check, brushing light kisses against her face , murmuring unintelligibly beneath his breath. He hadn’t gotten a wink of sleep since she first arrived a week ago, he hadn’t eaten and barely done anything else to keep him alive. The others had to force feed him and remind him to take care of himself, he only did it for Kagome.

She would be disappointed in him otherwise. Luckily he was youkai and didn’t need as much nourishment like humans did. Kuronue lay next to her, curling her body into his larger one, praying to any and every deity he’d ever heard of in all of his years, that she would be all right. Kikyo along with Youko had managed to subdue and purify the poison from her system. The rest was up to her, fortunately she was youkai, therefore her body had begun healing itself as soon as the poison was gone. She was almost entirely healed, well besides being weak and slightly delirious.

Little did they know.

------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------------------------------
A/n: A bit shorter then usual, but the next chapter will be longer, promise!