InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ "Inuyasha The Movie 5" ❯ Chapter 10 – An Everlasting Moment ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Inuyasha was flying through the air and caught site of the village. He touched down feeling a bit woozy from sleep deprivation and fighting hard against the curse. He gently let Kagome slide out of his arms. Sango was collecting water and Miroku was walking up beside her hoping to grope her butt. He never got a chance too because Sango noticed that Inuyasha and Kagome had returned. Sango ran to Kagome and gave her a big hug.
Inuyasha was just staring at Kagome saying to himself
“She's mine”
It was a little over welling at first to him that he could now call her, his own. Then he remembered.
“I have to mark her.”
Sango let go of Kagome and said, “It's good to see you back Kagome, we should get you inside to dress your wounds.”
Kagome followed her into the hut saying, “It's good to be back Sango.”
Miroku walked over to Inuyasha and gave him a gentlemen's hug.
“I see you got Kagome back safe and sound.”
“Feh, did you think I would fail, you got me all wrong Miroku.”
He then left Miroku and followed the girls inside the hut to see Kagome. He walked in just as Sango was finishing with Kagome. Kagome crawled into bed not noticing Inuyasha. He walked over to her and startled her.
“Inuyasha what are you doing?”
“Just tucking you in.”
“Oh.” Kagome giggled. “Inuyasha?”
“Yeah?”
“I don't know about you but didn't it seam like Huebeshi was a little to easy to defeat?”
“Hmmm, I did notice but you and I hit her with the Backlash wave and your arrow. Nobody could survive that.”
“I guess so.”
“Kagome.”
“Yes Inuyasha?”
“I love you.”
Again Kagome giggled and reached up to him giving him a small peck on the lips, which made him smile afterwards.
Kagome was soon carried into the dream world and Inuyasha just stared at her not wanting to close his eye. He worried she would be taken away again. So to keep himself awake he decided to memorize her breathing. The way every few seconds her chest would move slightly allowing her to breathe; the little groans and mumbles she would make, Even the way her hair moved to her face and he would pull it back. Watching this same pattern over and over again had sleep soon overcoming him and he slipped to the floor getting comfy. Taking one heavy breath capturing Kagome's sent and making him sleep more soundly.
Morning
It was about ten in the morning and Inuyasha was first to awake or so he thought. He opened his eyes.
“Kagome?”
No answer.
“Kagome?”
There was still no answer. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and noticed Kagome was gone. He automatically assumed she had been kidnapped.
“Someone kidnapped her again.” He jumped up and sniffed the air. “Why can't she just stay safe?”
The sent lead him outside. He rushed out of the hut. He left just running out the bamboo sheet door and not seeing where he was going he bumped right into Kagome making her a drop a bucket of water.
“Kagome…your safe.”
“Of course I am what did you think?”
“I told you, you aren't allowed to leave me.”
“I know Inuyasha but I couldn't wake you, you looked so peaceful sleeping, besides I needed a bath to myself.”
“Oh… well don't do it again.”
“Well are we supposed to bath together now?”
“…Well I wouldn't mind”
“INUYASHA!”
“WHAT?”
“I never thought of you to think that way.”
Inuyasha grinned.
“Inuyasha!”
“Yes.” He starred at Kagome and saw an angry expression. “No…wait…Kagome…don't.”
“SIT BOY!”
Inuyasha groaned and his muffled voice came from the ground “MUST YOU KEEP DOING THAT!”
“APPARENTLY YES BECAUSE I NEED TO KNOCK SOME SENCE INTO YOU!”
Kagome steamed off to go get more water and talk to Sango, leaving Inuyasha in indented into the ground. He was moaning with displeasure. He stood up wiping the dirt from his face and spitting it out of his mouth.
“I'll make it up to her tonight at the sacred tree.” And walked to a tree to sit up in it.
Evening
Inuyasha walked over to Kagome who was by a small stream looking at her reflection. He looked at her mesmerized by her beauty, her raven black hair, her sparkling brown eyes, and her tender pink lips. Every minor feature made her who she was; she was so much like Kikyo in her appearance yet so different in her personality. It was like they where exact opposites. She closed her eyes briefly and when she opened them again she saw Inuyasha's reflection glimmering next to hers in the water and she smiled.
“I can see you Inuyasha.” She giggled
Inuyasha smirked and then put a serious expression on his face. He kissed her on the cheek and picked her up bridal style.
“Where are you taking me?”
“I have a surprise for you.”
Inuyasha carried Kagome to the sacred tree. Her eyes widened as she witnessed hundreds of small candle like torches surrounding the tree. They were placed everywhere and lit up the whole area with a magnificent glow. The atmosphere was perfect and romantic. Underneath the tree was the sacred jewel.
“Inuyasha what is this?”
He set her down and led her to the jewel not speaking a word.
“Did you do all this yourself?”
Inuyasha just smirked and sat Kagome down.
“…Kagome.”
“Yes?”
“There is a big decision I need you to make, whatever you choose I will be happy just to be with you.”
“That's so sweet…what is it?”
“…I…you…” Inuyasha couldn't find the words he planned in his head. “Kikyo wanted me to become human for her.”
“Yeah, I know.”
“…Well. I…am…I am willing to become human for you if you want me to.”
“Inuyasha…”
“I want you to answer with your heart, go where your heart leads you.”
“Inuyasha…I love you.”
“Yeah, and you want me to become human. So lets get this over with.”
“I know you don't want to become human.” Kagome pulled Inuyasha back down to her level. “Besides I love you as a…”
Inuyasha starred her in the eye knowing she was speaking the truth.
“…I love you as a…half-demon.”
Inuyasha just starred at her with happiness in his eyes. The words repeated in his mind. “I love you as a half-demon.” He moved down and kissed her. The passion was unbelievable, now the two actually told each other all their feeling for each other nothing would hold them back.
“Kagome, now that you're mine I need to mark you.”
“What do you mean mark me?”
“It's what dogs do.”
“In that case, Ok.”
Inuyasha gently pulled the collar of Kagome's blouse down and lowered his head to her collarbone.
“I'm sorry if this pains you Kagome.”
She didn't answer and awaited Inuyasha's bite.
Inuyasha bit as gently as he could into her flesh. Her blood dripped down from his mouth and she winced in pain. She bit the bottom of her lip and talked her way through it. Inuyasha never tasted blood like hers it was sweet but he felt bad for causing her pain. He bit down a little more making his mark definite. When he removed his fangs from her neck he licked it to make it feel slightly better. His rough tongue over the bite soothed Kagome. She never thought that something that painful would feel so good. The moment was over and Inuyasha finally claimed Kagome as his. He raised and Kagome sat next to him nestled in his warmth. They sat in near slumber under the sacred tree and cherished the last bit of light the fire granted also reflecting back on every moment they shared. Hoping that time would stop and this moment would last forever.