InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ "The Matrix Has You" ❯ Chapter 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 11
 
“Are you sure it's a good idea bringing them?” Asked Ruby sitting in the passenger seat of the car.
“Who?” asked Arc from the driver's seat.
“The three of them; Inuyasha, Kagome, and Disk.” Ruby said trying to understand Arc's logic. Arc sat there silently for a few moments He, Ruby, Inuyasha, Kagome, Disk, and Stone had plugged in as early as they possibly could, much to the annoyance of Ram. Stone was sitting in the back seat with Arc and Ruby, behind them in another car where Inuyasha, Kagome and Disk.
All of them where heading to the location given to Arc by the oracle of where to access the radical group headquarters. The place where they where going was not actually the headquarters itself but simply an access point to it, similar to how they where able to see the oracle, the actual location was unknown.
The entrance would be only opened for a certain amount of time so the group had to make sure they where there at the specific time. Currently it was very early in the morning and the city they where driving through had very little activity going on.
“That's what the oracle said to do.” said Arc answering Ruby's question.
“Are you sure it's safe to believe her?” Ruby said looking at him through her sunglasses
“I think it's safe to trust her.” Arc said calmly making a right turn.
Ruby looked at him for a few moments but turned back to watch the road in front of her, staying silent.
Eventually they came to the place, Arc stopped the car in the back of an old movie theater. Although the front of the theater was quite wonderful in design and looked beautiful, the back was a flat white brick wall that was starting to decolorize and becoming quite dirty. Near the bottom left corner was a dark thick steel door kept together by large bolts. Overall the back of the theater just plainly did not look nice.
Arc took a look at his watch, 7:25 it said in florescent numbers. Arc breathed a sigh of relief, they had made it early. He turned to the rest of the group who had now just gotten out of the cars. Inuyasha leaned on the doors of the car he was in arms crossed waiting for Arc's next move. Kagome was standing next to him, looking interested in what Arc was doing.
Arc looked to both sides of the alleyway and seeing that Ruby and Disk where keeping watch on either side of them. Arc walked toward Stone who was standing at the back of the car he had rode in. “Open it up” he said hurryingly. Stone complied and revealed two large steel suitcases. Arc and Stone each opened one of them and started pulling out various weapons.
Arc suited himself to two Uzi's, two deagles, and a dagger just in case. Ruby took two sub-machine guns, and Stone loaded himself up with various pistols. Disk grabbed a pistol and held it out to Inuyasha.
“I don't need any of that.” He said harshly keeping his face turned from Disk. Disk shrugged his shoulder and took it himself, along with some other pistols and two Uzi's.
All four of them put the weapons they had chosen into various pockets and secret gun holsters inside their jackets and on the legs for Ruby. Once they where done it looked like they didn't have any at all.
“Um…are they going to know you have those?” Kagome asked, she highly doubted that these Radicals would let them in armed like they where.
“Normally, no” said Stone who followed Arc who was heading for the door, the rest of the group doing the same in response.
“But, these are specially programmed by me and Ram so they can't be picked up by any metal detectors or any kind of encrypting.” He said quite proud of his achievement
“Oh” said Kagome still unsure exactly how it worked.
“Kagome” whispered Disk who came up next to him holding out a pistol to Kagome. “Just in case” he said putting into Kagome's hand and moving next to Stone.
Kagome stared at the pistol for a few moments, but put in her right pocket “just in case” she thought to herself who still was untrusting of using any guns.
“Be careful everyone” Arc said hand on the doorknob. He turned the handle and opened the door.
Much to Kagome's and Inuyasha's surprise the door led into a grand room that had marble floor and dark wooden walls. The six of them walked slowly inside one by one. They passed under a balcony that was held up by large pillars, from the back wall it went to the right and left walls.
They came to the center of the room behind them two large staircases that lead up to the balcony. On the left and right walls of where they where standing where doors in the middle of the walls one on both levels, and another above the one they had entered. Hanging above their heads was an extravagant glass chandelier. It reflected the large light above in firing down into the center of it. Even with the light reflected around the room it was still quite dark and gloomy even if it was incredibly elegant.
The room was filled with many men all dressed in black and with dangerous looks on their faces, they where all wearing sunglasses and most of them carrying AK-47s. They stood at specific places of the room guarding the doors and companying Kagome and the others from either side from when they had entered.
They stopped and stood in the direct center of the room chandelier above their heads, in front of them where a pair of huge wooden double doors, guards standing at each side. They stood there for a moment till the doors opened inward slowly, the guards moved to the side away from the doors letting the Zorah party in.
They all walked into another overstated room it was actually quite simple as the only thing it had in it was a wooden desk sitting near the back, it was very organized and gave the room a feeling of order. A leather chair stood behind it facing them backwards
Once the group was standing several meters from the desk the doors behind them where closed behind them by the guards in the larger room. The people who had opened the doors walked to each side of the desk.
On the left of the group was a very tall and skinny man that was wearing a tucked in suit with no tie. He had unruly jet-black hair that fell down to his shoulders and was covering his face. Kagome also noticed also that there was a katana resting on his belt, contained in an all black sheath.
On the right was a fair looking woman wearing more causal clothing dress pants and a long sleeve shirt, both of them night black. Her brown hair was kept in perfect order smooth strands going down to her shoulder parting back behind her ears. She had very serious look on her face and Kagome thought it looked a lot like one of Kikyo's glares.
“The captain of the Zorah,” said a male voice coming from the backwards leather chair it spoke slowly and elegantly. “Arc, it's wonderful that you have made it.”
“I think you know what we want.” said Arc seriously giving the chair one of his stone-hard glare.
“Yes, the entrance codes to the source, a wonderful gift that we where lucky enough to obtain. It's seems the question though is now of what I want from you.”
“I think we can come to a agreement.”
A silence “Perhaps.” said the voice deep in thought.
More silence, Inuyasha stood there starting to get impatient.
“I wish to speak to the girl only.” said the voice in a commanding tone referring to Kagome.
“Hell No!!” Inuyasha yelled out enraged taking a step forward, both people on each side of the desk spun their heads and watched Inuyasha carefully.
“Inuyasha” Disk whispered annoyed trying not to get a huge fight started.
“Why do you want to talk to her?” asked Arc demandingly
“Either I talk to her, or you can leave.” Said the voice making it clear this was the only way Arc was going to get these codes. Arc growled under his breath.
“One condition, only you and her in here, your…guards have to leave also.” Arc said trying to come to an agreement.
“Fine.” the voice said after a moment's silence. “Caedes, Atropos, leave me with the girl.” He said, his guards looking at the chair; they then turned around and went to go lead the Zorah crew excluding Kagome from the room.
“No way—“ Inuyasha started moving in front of Kagome.
“I'll be fine, Inuyasha” Kagome said interrupting him in mid-sentence.
Inuyasha looked at her concerned “Kagome…”
“Don't worry about me.” she whispered to Inuyasha her face matching the words.
Inuyasha stared at her unsure what to do but finally said “Be careful” Giving an glare at the leather chair. He then followed the rest of the group out of the room. Caedes and Atrops following them and closing the doors leaving Kagome and the unknown person sitting in the chair alone.
Kagome was still looking at the doors when the voice continued, “You know, I have waited a very long time for this.” It said while the chair started turning, it came to its front sitting in it was a man in his early 20's white skinned with a strong chin. He had dark brown hair, which fell down on his forehead and icy blue eyes that tore though Kagome.
He then stood up from his desk and started walking around it. He was wearing a very long trench coat that reached down and was brushing across the floor. His entire outfit was black, and fit nicely on his tall body. As he walked he continued. “All of this worlds suffering, all the pain of the human race, can be finally be put to rest.”
Kagome stared at him somewhat nervous, something about this person didn't feel right to Kagome. The man stopped in front of Kagome and said, “Kagome tell me why you would need to have these codes.”
Kagome stood there trying to figure something out, she couldn't tell them about the jewel it was suppose to be a secret, but she couldn't seem to come up with a good lie.
“Your going to destroy the jewel. Aren't you?” The man said answering his own question.
“W-what are you talking about?” asked Kagome trying to stay cool.
“The Shikon jewel, I'm quite aware that you posses it.”
“How do you know that?”
“It's aura” he said mysteriously “I can sense all upon your body…yes, you yourself have been in possession of it for a long time.”
Kagome stared at him starting to worry if being alone with this person was such a good idea.
“Tell me Kagome…why would you want to do something like that?” He said very dramatic in his speech.
“Because,” Kagome said starting to have trouble with her words. “It's a dangerous thing.” Kagome said thinking that would be the best way to put it.
“Dangerous?” said the man acting bewildered. “But don't you understand, we can use it!” he said starting to act excited. “We can use it to bring an end to the Matrix! We can finally bring an end to the machines!”
“But, the machines and humans…they're in peace.” Kagome said trying to bring some reason to this man.
“Heh, you actually believe lies like that? Kagome if the Matrix still exists the human race can never be free.”
“But—“
“Kagome!! DON'T be fooled by Zion propaganda! We aren't trying to kill we are trying to save!” he said suddenly getting very emotional. “Kagome, your family…your friends…there's a very good chance that they can be saved.” He said desperately
That hit a heavy note with Kagome, she had almost forgotten about her family and friends in her time, she starting to feel horrible recalling how she continued to push them away from being in feudal Japan so often.
“I am trying to save the human race, but I can't do it on my own Kagome.” The man said very seriously and powerfully. “I need you to get the Shikon jewel for me, for the sake of humanity. Please…I need your help.”
“But Arc,”
“ Kagome you must understand Arc is someone you cannot trust, he simply part of the system, all of the crew of the Zorah is.”
“I don't know how to get it!” yelled out Kagome trying to make the person reconsider.
“It's ok, all you have to do it to get the codes for the Zorah, and that's no problem. We can take it from there. It may not realize it, but right now your carrying that information. It's very simply and will not hurt you at all.”
“I don't care what you think!!” Kagome abruptly yelled out “I'm not helping you!!”
The man stared at her calmly not saying a word for a few moments “I can understand, though it is quite unfortunate that you've chosen that.” He said calmly “However, I need the jewel and I'm going to get one way…or another.” He said though thinned lips.
He suddenly grabbed at Kagome's arm and taking a strong grip around her wrist. He then proceeded to drag her over to the wall behind the desk. Kagome struggled but the man's grip was too strong for her to get out of.
“Let Go Of Me!!” she yelled out swinging her left leg in a huge kick across the man's face, which made him let go and stagger trying to recover from the unexpected move. Kagome stood there bewildered of what she had just done, she was somewhat athletic but never had she done, or even attempted something like that.
The man slowly turned his face around to look at Kagome his eye twitching with rage. Kagome came back to her senses and tried to do some more martial arts by sending a straight punch at the man's head. The man caught the fist with no effort and then quickly bend Kagome's wrist backwards having her scream out in pain.
“INUYAHA!!” She screamed hoping someone would come and rescue her. The man then took his right hand and wrapped it firmly around Kagome's neck in hope to keep her quiet.
Outside the room Inuyasha's ears all of a sudden twitched, he spun toward the double doors “Kagome!” he whispered under his breath. The man grabbing at Kagome's neck-who was trying desperately to call out again but in fear of choking herself to death-then heard “Get The Hell Out Of My Way!!!” being yelled outside of the room they where in.
“Damn it” he spat out and smashed a glass casing which trigged a very loud alarm being blared throughout the building signaling all the guards. Next to the man part of the wall moved into the corner revealing a doorway shaped hole that lead into a secret hallway. Grabbing on to Kagome's arm they rushed into the dark corridor.
At the same time as the alarm went off Inuyasha has just busted into the office using the Tetsusagia to cut through the double doors. Knocking away the guards protecting the door at the same time. It was then the guards suddenly started firing on Disk, Arc, Stone, and Ruby. They had a feeling this was coming and had all prepared if it happened.
“SHIT!!” Stone yelled out taking cover behind a pillar the other three doing the same. Arc blasting a guard who had come over to them in the head, blood and pieces of brain and skull splattering all over the wall behind him.
“I supposed it can't be helped” Disk said quite calmly considering that they where being continually fired at, while pulling out the two Uzi's hidden in his coat.
“It's their own damn fault if they get their heads blow off” Stone said itching to get at them.
“So much for diplomacy” Arc sneered as he and the others turned from the pillars guns at ready.
 
0o0o0o0o0o0o00
 
Inuyasha quickly ran into the office looking around for any sign of Kagome, it was completely empty except for the desk, he then noticed the secret passageway, Realizing the radical leader must have escaped with Kagome down that the path, he sprinting into it carrying the Tetsusagia over his shoulder so it could fit into the small space.
Inuyasha instantly caught sight of the leader down the large hallway who was holding Kagome by her hair, turning around and seeing Inuyasha he threw Kagome across the ground and prepared for the charging Inuyasha readying to slice his right though his middle.
Inuyasha swung at the man several times as fast as he could his sword a blurring motion of metal. The man quickly dodged all the attacks making carrtweels and other acrobatic moves, and jumping to the other side of Inuyasha. Inuyasha ran up to him and swung repeatedly, taking advancements with each swing. The man once again avoided all the attacks, taking a step backwards every step Inuyasha took forward.
After this repeated for a few moments, the man sent a hard kick to Inuyasha's hands effectively disarming his sword being knocked behind him and sliding across the smooth floor out of reach.
Then a large boot was smashed into Inuyasha's face sending him flying into the hallway wall. The man gave no time for Inuyasha to rest and charged right into him sending fists and feet to Inuyasha at insane speeds, Inuyasha barely being able to dodge them.
Then the man connected with a hard fist into Inuyasha stomach, Inuyasha bended over in pain as blood shot out from his mouth. The man looked on with sinister glee on his face. Then sent a huge roundhouse kick, which smacked Inuyasha into the opposite wall from where he had originally gotten smashed.
The man then grabbed Inuyasha by the hair and bended him down forwards as he sent a knee into his abdomen. Inuyasha was surprised and also horrified that this human could be so strong to hurt him like this, slowly his slid down the wall and fell to his knees trying to recover from the devastating attacks he had just received.
Inuyasha looked up into the barrel of a pistol being aimed at him by the man. He had a disturbing smile on his face as he readied to send a bullet into Inuyasha's skull. “That was disappointing.” he said as he finger rested on the trigger.
 
0o0o0o0o00o0o0o0
 
“Come on! Let me kill at least one of them!” Caedes protested his hand resting on his katana.
“No, Morator's orders” Atropos said forcefully, the two of them where in the hallway that was right of the double doors on the bottom floor. The alarm was still blaring.
“Why would he ever want enemies alive?” he said trying to convince Atropos while acting like a saddened child.
“They are part of the mission, now lets go.” she said walking powerfully down the hallway.
“He never lets me have any fun.” Caedes said disappointed slowly following Atropos.
 
0o0o0o0o0o00o0o0
 
Ruby, Disk, Arc, and Stone ran out from their cover and quickly started firing at any guards they could see and then swiftly taking cover again. Ruby however rapidly ran across the room and dashed up horizontally on one of the pillars that was connected to the corner of the balcony making her way up to the floor making a cartwheel from the handrail firing at guards, landing and then taking cover near the hallway door.
Many of the guards took their attention to Ruby. Arc, Disk, and Stone ran out from their cover sidestepping across the floor drawing their fire and taking out more guards.
Then Stone pulled out something from his pocket Arc and Disk couldn't identify he quickly threw into a group of guards at one of the corners of the balcony, then hastily taking cover behind the pillars on the left side of double doors. After about 3 seconds a huge explosion happened from where Stone had thrown the object, guards where thrown everywhere and many of them knocked down from the blast, the Zorah crewmembers crouching down to protect them from the explosion. It also resulted in having that part of the floor that had been where the explosion been to fall down destroying the stone pillars and creating a large gap.
“Damn it!!” Arc yelled out furiously “I've told you not to use those things!!”
“You mean the grenade?” Stone asked trying to sound oblivious.
“Just forget it.” Arc said though his teeth, as the guards continued firing.
 
0o0o0o00o0o0o0o0o0
 
“Hold it!” Kagome yelled out. Morator slowly turned his head over to Kagome he gun unmoving from Inuyasha's forehead. Kagome stood there the pistol, which Disk had, gave her in her hands aiming at Morator. She looked very tense and had trouble keeping it steady.
“Don't make me shoot.” she said nervously.
“Kagome” Inuyasha whispered, staying completely still. He could have jumped up and slashed at Morator but knowing what the object in his hands could do stayed where he was.
“Are you going to shoot me?” Morator said as though it humored him. “I wonder…” he said mostly talking to himself. He slowly turned to face Kagome a sly calm look on his face, keeping his gun aimed at Inuyasha
“Well then go ahead, that is what you want to do right? After all you if you don't I'm going to kill him. Besides according to you I'm supposed to be evil, and so you should kill me, isn't that right?” he said disturbingly as though if he was fine if Kagome shot him. Kagome looked at him in horror but did not move the gun, tears started forming up in her eyes as she debated with herself on what to do.
“Well come on, lets see if you got what if takes” Morator said through his lips grinning evilly.
 
(manaleak34: OMG!!!11, Whats gonna happen!!!??? Well….your gonna have to wait till next time, come on you knew I was gonna cliff…it makes readers read more. Anyway give your theories of what Kagome might do if you wish…and find out next time!!! Don't worry it won't take that long to get done. ;) and…of course I always love the reviews.)