InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ "The Matrix Has You" ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Is something wrong, Kagome?” requested Miroku who was sitting next to a small fire that was inside the hut. His long, metal staff rested on the same trench coat that Disk had on when he came to rescue Kagome from the agents.
“But…How? I though you weren't real?” asked Kagome, unsure of what to say at the sight of Miroku, at the same time wondering why he was wearing Disk's clothes.
“What in the world are you talking about, Kagome? We're right here.” Sango, who was across from Miroku, spoke. She was wearing the school uniform that Kagome often wore. Her long black hair was down, reaching to her lower back, some strands over her shoulders, giving a mature beauty that Kagome sometimes wished she had also.
“She's probably just tired.” said Shippou who Kagome now noticed was sitting next to her, looking up and beaming. Normally Kagome would've taken the young fox cub in embrace, glad to see him, but instead she sat still feeling something wasn't right, especially since he was wearing the same cheap clothing that everyone of the Zorah wore.
“Don't worry Kagome, you'll be safe with me.” a voice said to Kagome's left, and to her surprise, was Kouga. Kouga, like everyone else, was wearing something different than his normal clothing. Kouga had on Inuyasha's red robes, which was completely out of character. She also noticed that blood was slowly dripping from his mouth and his eyes where stale as if he was dieing. She wasn't sure if she should help him or not but then she looked straight in front of her and it proved to her that something wasn't right.
She saw Naraku, the demon she and the others had killed not too long ago. He had a look of evil on his face which made him appear like he knew exactly what was going on, that everything had been planned. He was also wearing the same suit/trench coat that Arc wore, hands behind his back exactly in the same fashion as Arc did.
“Don't you remember? You killed me.” his voice cursed with no remorse in it.
“Kagome?” she heard another voice. It seemed far away but sounded so familiar.
Kagome woke up to the sound of a door slowly being opened. She saw the same metal ceiling she had seen after waking up in the desert that was the world today. She wanted her dream to be real, even if it meant Naraku was there and all the other odd things that were in it. But thinking more of what Arc had said was starting to make sense. She had remembered how some of her dreams felt more real than when she was awake. She never had much thought about them till now.
“I wanted to check on you, you ok?” She heard Inuyasha say, standing in the room as he looked down at Kagome who was gazing at the wall closest to her.
“We can't go back, can we?” Kagome said, barley audible.
“No. Not that I would want go back anyway.” Inuyasha said, somewhat depressed.
“What do you mean?” She turned to look at Inuyasha. She had wondered why Inuyasha had accepted the Matrix with no argument when he couldn't even understand a basic computer.
“I don't really get this whole machines using the human energy thing, but the whole fake reality thing…I guess it all made sense.” Kagome sat up, now very interested.
Seeing her sit up he continued. “A lot of times in my life I couldn't explain it but…something just didn't feel right… like there was something missing from the world. I never really cared about it…`till now” He looked at Kagome with genuine concern and uncertainty in his face.
0o0o00o0o0o0o00o0o0
It was around 3 o'clock in the morning. As far as Disk knew all of the crew members were asleep, as was the ship in a way, but it could be put back in action in a matter of seconds along with the crew who where trained to get to there positions at anytime in case of an emergency.
Disk was sitting in the co-driver's seat looking out though the extremely large window. The large tunnels that were the transportation system of the hover ships used by the humans that were deep underground stared back at him. Dark metal covered the area with some random pipes sticking out here and there. They were currently at a hook-up point, enabling them to enter the Matrix.
The pipe system was very intricate and reached nearly everywhere around to what was left of human civilization on earth. From Zion to two other cities that had been built after what was known as The One War. Disk had only seen Zion but often wished to see the other two.
The amount of computer workings in the helm where just as impressive as the rest of the ship. Next to his seat was a bright blue round circle, a hologram machine that was the monitor for the computer, resting on the dashboard. Random buttons and switches covered the walls and ceiling. He had often seen Sine driving, but was careful not to touch anything.
`I guess that was to be expected from Kagome…I didn't want to accept it either at first, even though I knew the truth.' Arc Thought to himself. `I just hope she's ok…she was pretty upset.'
The way they had gotten her and Inuyasha out of the Matrix was not the normal way they did it. Normally they took things slow and would have the person try to piece things together because it was dangerous to get people out of the Matrix that were at a certain age or were at the stage where they would fight it.
Unfortunately they didn't have enough time to do their normal work as the agents were planning on capturing Kagome. Disk had done some hacking and was able to get her phone number and call her.
Soon afterwards Ram had called him about Kagome going up to the shrine. He had soon gotten into his car and drove off to where Kagome was and then got to the tower where the crew was situated.
“What are ya up to?” Disk heard a voice behind him. He spun around in his chair to see Arc staring at him. He knew he was screwed now; Arc had strictly requested that no one be allowed in the cockpit without permission from the captain or drivers. He was also up late which would add to Arc's suspicion and Disk's punishment.
“S-S-Sir!” Disk shuddered, quickly standing up straight and proper, hoping that he could somehow get away with it. “I was um…making a check of the ship-” He stopped at the sight of Arc's hand raised and a smile on his face.
“It's okay, just tell me what your doing up here.” Arc said, showing that he wasn't going to punish Disk.
“Just thinking,” Disk said, sitting back down, relived that he wouldn't have to take up the mop tomorrow.
“Mind if I think with you?”
“No.” Disk replied as he watched Arc sit down in the other seat.
There was a long moment of silence as both of them stared at the tunnel.
“So are Kagome-“ Disk began.
“They'll be fine; it's normal for that to happen. It's not easy realizing your whole life was in a virtual reality.”
“No kidding,” Disk thought back to when he was awakened.
“That was a good job getting them to the base, you did pretty good against those agents. I'm impressed with your fighting skills, maybe we should spar sometime.”
“Finally. It's about time I did something good.” Disk muttered, hoping for Arc not to hear even though he did anyway.
“What's that supposed to mean?”
“It's that…Well, you know I'm the youngest on the crew and I've been messing up a lot and I think that I just annoy a lot of people.”
Arc chuckled.
“What's so funny?” Asked Disk, annoyed that Arc found humor in his misery.
“It's just that you remind me a lot of myself when I was around your age.”
“Huh?”
“Did you know that I used to know the Neo?”
“The One? You Serious!?” Disk exclaimed, amazed that his captain used to know the legendary hero when he was alive.
“Yeah, I kept trying to impress him, trying as hard as I could every time just so he would be proud of me. But all the time I just messed up and just got him annoyed.”
“Whoa.”
“But I didn't give up. I kept trying and just went with it. And now I'm a captain of my very own hover ship! I think I did pretty good don't ya think?” Arc smiled at Disk.
“Wow, who would've of guessed.” Disk replied, looking down at the floor. He was amazed that the person he looked up to a lot of the time was really a lot like himself. Disk felt better that he had let out that uncertainty about himself and had more self-confidence which was exactly what he needed right now.
“Your better head to bed; Kagome and Inuyasha are going to start training soon and I may need your help.” Arc mentioned, interrupting Disk's train of thought.
“All right then. Goodnight I guess.” Disk stood to leave. He was about to head up the ladder that led up to the main deck when Arc called to him.
“Disk.” he said, looking at him both seriously but benevolently at the same time. “If you ever need to talk to someone you know I'm always here to listen.” Disk nodded his head, grinned and climbed up the stairs.
Arc sat in the pilot's seat for a little longer doing some more thinking before following suit with heading up the ladder to his personal quarters.
0o0o0o0o0oo0o0o0o0o0o00
“Oh Inuyasha!” Kagome yelled from sitting on the edge of her bed, quickly wrapping her arms tightly around Inuyasha. Inuyasha returned the favor by slowly embracing her soft skin; it always felt good to his touch. After everything that had happened so far he wanted more than anything to hold on to something he knew was real.
Kagome felt Inuyasha's arms return her embrace and her heart skipped a beat. She had never seen Inuyasha open up like this- she wasn't sure if it was because of the whole Matrix thing or the fact that he was human, giving him the emotions he only had on certain nights back in Feudal Japan.
Inuyasha wanted to say something; he had cared about Kagome for such a long time!`Well…I guess I love her, but…What the hell am I thinking? Of course I love her!' Inuyasha debated with himself. He wanted to drop all the pain from the memory of Kikyo- her dieing; the hate he received the two years after she was resurrected; the knowledge she was never real in the first place. All of it could disappear for him with a simple, `I love you Kagome.' coming from his mouth.
“It's just going to be hard,” Inuyasha heard Kagome speak, her head rested against his shoulder. “The friends; everyone I've met; the experience; having to put them all behind us.” She paused and stopped herself from crying. “Knowing that it`s not real.”
“Believe me…I would rather have everything be made up…” Inuyasha started and Kagome looked up into his dark brown eyes. Her heart melted from the stare, staring at him with a passion. “Just so you be real.” he finished, smiling.
Kagome almost couldn't believe what she heard. `Is Inuyasha saying…he loves me?' she said to herself, even though she had a feeling that he already loved her. Why he suddenly put it straight-out in the open was something she didn't care about now. This was the moment she had been waiting a long time for even if she was still somewhat afraid of showing those feeling to Inuyasha herself.
Kagome slowly nudged her head very slowly towards Inuyasha's, Inuyasha doing the same. `Is this it?' they thought at the exact same time with a `Yes.' as their lips sealed together.
Inuyasha felt light as air. Kagome's lips were as soft as her skin but this was nothing like he had ever experienced before. He wanted to stay like this forever; his hands stroking Kagome's back with her beautifully shaped body pressed against his.
Kagome had been longing for these lips more than anything else in recent months. The uncertainty of Inuyasha's feelings for Kikyo had been shattered just now as she savored this moment as much as she could.
They stood there kissing for an unknown amount of time and both of them stared into each other's eyes they had each admired for a great amount of time when they released and brought their heads back. Kagome let herself trip and they both fell on to the bed, still embraced and eyes intently on each other. They laid there on their sides and kissed once again, this time much shorter and fell asleep in each other's arms.
(Authors Note: Awwwwwww…isn't that sweet? Thought it was quite needed to have some-sort of romance scene, don't worry this doesn't mean the whole story's going romantic. Wanted to have some character development with Arc and Disk because the story so far has focused on Kagome and Inuyasha more and I felt like they get some spotlight, they are my characters anyway damn it! Also if you can't figure it out Arc is an older version of “Kid” from Matrix Reloaded, Revolutions and “A Kid's Story” from the Animatrix. For some unknown reason he doesn't have his own name except “Kid” which of course wouldn't work so named him Arc, also originally he was going to be called Ark but the C felt cooler than the K. And yes that dream was supposed to be all freaky…cause dreams are freaky…And if you care there is some symbolism in it….but you have to find it out yourself!! And if you're wondering…yes I did pretty much kill most of the characters in the show, man being a writer rocks. Anyway we'll get back to Matrix stuff in the next chapter and find out some secrets about the Shikon Jewel, and Please REVIEW!!!!)