InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ "Wish They All Could Be California Demons!" ❯ Help In A Hurry ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Wish They All Could Be California DEMONS!!!"

An InuYasha Fanfic by DarkAngelsTears

Disclaimer: WE DO NOT OWN INUYASHA!!!

A/N:

One review! Yay!

~Blah~ Japanese

Blah Computer/Chat/Phone Speech

Blah Thinking

"Blah" English

---

Chapter 2

Help in a Hurry

---

(Normal P.O.V.)

Katty pedaled as fast as she could. Her legs were pumping up and down as she zoomed across the pavement. Kagome was cycling right alongside her, with Shippo in the basket of her bike. Sango held Miroku's unconscious form on Kilala's back. ~Hang on, you idiot!~ Sango whispered to Miroku, her eyes filled with tears. InuYasha loped along beside Kagome and Katty, occasionaly glaring at one of them. Katty stood up and leaned forwards on her bike. Her legs fairly flew on the pedals, and enven though every muscle in Katty's body screamed in protest, she continued on. ~Why don't people see us?~ Kagome asked in her mottled version of Japanese. ~Are you kidding?~ Katty shouted over her shoulder. ~This is the suburbs! Nobody's home during the day!~ Katty's street came up and she sharply turned. She pulled into the driveway of a one story house. Katty opened the gate of a fence, and, throwing her bike on the ground, motioned for them to follow her inside. She kicked her shoes off and ran downstairs into the basement where her room was. InuYasha looked around in confusion. How is this place supposed to help us? he wondered. Katty, meanwhile, had ran over to the opposite side of the room and was fiddling with some sort of chain.
~Stop screwing around and help us, wench!~ InuYasha yelled. "I'm trying, InuYasha! Just give me some time!" Katty yelled back, ripping the chain off the wall and pulling back a panel of wood. "Come on!" Katty ran down a revealed set of stairs, flicking on a light as she went. InuYasha strode over to Kilala and gingerly picked up Miroku, then followed Katty down. Sango was on the verge of tears once again, so Kagome walked back and put her arm around the demon slayer's shoulder. ~Don't worry, Sango. Miroku will be just fine.~ Kagome whispered to her friend. I hope... Kagome thought. They walked downstairs, following InuYasha and Shippo, with Kilala trailing behind. At the bottom, InuYasha was in shock. Kagome didn't blame him. The room they were in was huge! It must have been at least 100 square feet! There was two hide-a-bed couches, several emergancy cots, a mini freezer/stove, and a TV with dozens of DVDs piled beside it. Everything else was shrouded in darkness.
Katty raced over to one of the couches, threw the cushions off, and yanked out the matress. ~There!~ Katty said, pointing at the bed. InuYasha nodded, putting him down. Katty bit her lip, took off Miroku's shirt and rolled up his pant legs most of the way. He was bleeding fairly badly from several places on his torso, his foot was twisted at an odd angle, and his hand containing the Wind Tunnel was turning a strange grey-purple colour. She tried not to blush, though it was tempting. Quickly, you idiot! Miroku's life could be on the line! Katty thought. Okay, he seems to have several wounds on his arms and chest, and that is most definetly a twisted, strained, or -hopefully not- broken ankle. So what to o first? Katty nearly smacked herself. Duh, Katty. Get things clean. As quickly and efficiantly as she could, Katty scrubbed her hands up past her elbows, put on gloves, and grabbed all the items she would need to help Miroku. Umm... I've got disinfectant, gauze pads, sterile bandages, stretch bandages, cotton balls, and that should be it. For his normal injuries, anyways! Katty cleaned his wounds and bandaged them, and splinted his ankle as best as she could. But that was not her biggest worry. Suddenly, an idea struck Katty. She pulled out her cell phone and dialed a number. Come on, Nickie, pick up! Pick UP dang it! Katty thought, tapping her foot. Then the dreaded message came on. Hi, this is Nickie's cell. If it is between 8 and 3 on a weekday, I'm in SCHOOL, dumbnut! Call back later! If it's an ABSOLUTE emergency, page me and dial 911. If not, I probably lost my phone again. Tell me later when you called. Whatever. Bye! Katty swore under her breath.

Back at School

(Nickie's P.O.V.)

I was nearly falling asleep. Mr. Graham's 'discussions' were always SO boring and SO filled with bull. I felt my eyes close once.. twice.. three times.. I was barely awake when I felt a vibration in my pocket. I looked around to see if anyone was watching, then pulled my cell out of my pocket. The screen flashed "911 911 911". Uh oh. Not good. I put my hand up and asked for a pass to go to the bathroom. Mr. Graham agreed, but sighed heavily. "You should have gone before class!" he moaned. I rolled my eyes behind his back. He handed me the pass and I practically ran to the bathroom. Once there and in a stall, I pulled out my cellphone and checked the Caller ID. Katty? How the hell had SHE used her phone right in class? I dialed her number and put the phone up to my ear.

Nickie: Katty, what the hell is going on?

Katty: NICKIE! Damn, you gotta get out of school right NOW!

Nickie: Why? What's going on?

Katty: I can't tell you over the phone. Just get out of class. Get over to my house. Bring your stuff.

Nickie: What am I supposed to say? 'I'm sorry, Principal Willeford, I have to leave school right now because Katty called me up and told me to!' Yeah, he'll give me detention for like a week.

Katty: Say it's a family emergency.

Nickie: What?

Katty: I don't have time for this! Someone close to us is hurt and I DON'T KNOW HOW TO HELP THEM! YOU F*CKING DO!

Nickie: Okay then. I'll be right over.

Shuddering, I put my phone away.. It must have been bad to make Katty yell like that. Scarey. I ran back to class, then stopped outside the door. Family emergency. How am I supposed to convince Mr. Graham of that? I snapped my fingers as a grin spread over my face. I stared at a rock on the ground for about a minute, unblinking. I felt tears form in my eyes and trickle down my face. As the wetness spread down to my chin, I wiped the grin off my face and rubbed my eyes to make them look bloodshot. This'll be like taking candy from a baby. Opening the door slowly, I walked in. Kids in the class looked at me strangely, but I didn't care. I walked over to Mr. Graham, who was now at his desk, and sniffled. "Oh, Mr. Graham! I just got a call from my mom, someone in my family just got hit by a car!" I said, lieing through my teeth. The stupid teacher melted. "I'm so sorry!" he said pitiously. I fought the urge to snicker. "My mom needs me to come home right away, can I grab my things and leave?" Mr. Graham nodded immeadiatly. I rushed over to my desk, slung my backpack over my shoulder, and left. People in the class were muttering to themselves as I ran from the room, heading for the bus stop. (Sarah: There is a city bus stop outside most schools where I live) The bus arrived promptly. "Well that was fast..." I muttered, dropping three quarters into the bus till and taking a seat. People stared at me, but who cared about them? Pfft. I pulled out my cell again and sent Katty a text message. On the bus. Be there in 15.

Back with the gang

Katty tapped her foot impatiently. She had left the front door unlocked and the downstairs doors open, hoping it would "somehow" point her in the right direction. ~I can't do much else for Miroku, but I called a friend who can.~ I said to Kagome, once again using our messed up Japan-Eng. ~That's IT!~ InuYasha yelled. ~How the hell does this wench know us?! I want an answer NOW!~ InuYasha shouted. Katty didn't understand everything InuYasha said, but got the gist of what he was saying. Wordlessly, she crossed the room and flicked on a lightswitch, revealing...

A/N: WOOO!!! CLIFFIE!!!
Converting /tmp/phpO8G2gk to /dev/stdout