InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 38 Shades ❯ Door ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer- I do not own Inuyasha and Co., but love to mess with them anyways! XD

CH 2- Door

I skipped lunch today. I never eat anyways, so it wasn't a problem. I sat at a computer desk. I raised my hands high over the keyboard, like a pianist ready to deliver her magnificent finale. But that was as far as I got. I had no idea what I was looking for. Then suddenly, my mind was bombarded with whispers, overlapping, interrupting, disturbing.

The deaths, look for the deaths...

Find us, free us...

We're here, we're waiting...

Shikon High...

Fire...

Open the door!!!!!!!!!!

The last whisper was a shout, a scream. It ripped through me, smothered me. I clutched my head, trying to block it out, but it continued,

Open the door!!!!! The door!!!!! Open it!!!!!!!!!!

It wouldn't stop, wouldn't stop. All of a sudden, it stopped, leaving me in silence. But I could still hear a scream, not as the other, but still there. Then I realized it was I still screaming. I shut my mouth, sobbing. I closed in on myself, trying to close ears to the soft whispers still going, afraid one would turn into that awful screaming. I realized I was ion the floor, but didn't move. I felt like all my energy had fled, as terrified of the desperate wail as I was.

I felt a hand on my head and jerked up. It was an older boy. He had long white hair and amber eyes. Even from my position I could tell he was tall. He had tattoos on his face, two purple stripes under each cheek and a blue crescent moon on his forehead. `Wow, a person who looks crazier than I do."

"Are you okay?" he asked, his voice soft and deep.

I got up, ignoring the long-fingered hand he held out to me. "Yeah, I'm fine."

His cool, neutral expression didn't change. "I heard you screaming. I'm surprised the whole school didn't hear it. I don't thin you're fine."

I got annoyed. How was this any of business? He didn't know me, shouldn't even try to know me. "I said I was fine. How I am is none of your business." I rushed past him, and he didn't try to stop me. I spent the rest of the day lost in my thoughts, mind consumed by alternating thoughts of the boy and the scream.

--- ---

I left my house in tears. My mother had had a relapse of her fever, and this time, the doctors didn't think she would make it. They had hoped the change of scene would help her, but it only made her worse. She loved our old house. So did I. I didn't understand it then and I don't understand now how moving her from the place that was filled with all our happy memories could help her. The doctors said it was better because now, in our new house, she didn't have memories of my father. For me, the happy memories of my dad far outweigh the bad. We had had nothing but happy memories there.

I didn't know where I was going, I just ran. I ended up in front of the school. This place pulled at me. Those spirits pulled at me. I walked to the front doors. Something faint, something real, pulled at my hand.

Touch the door... someone whispered at my ear. I didn't want to. I knew I would be hurt if I did.

Touch the door...See us... My hand was pulled harder. Touch it. Touch it. Touch it. I wouldn't, I couldn't.

Come on, touch it. We know you want to. Wait...maybe, perhaps, you are too scared? Are you afraid? Don't be... Help us, don't fear us. The temptation was too strong, the soft voices too persuasive. I reached for the door. I felt the cool, smooth steel of the handle. Then I didn't feel anything else.