InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 38 Shades ❯ Romance PT. 2 (Seconf Confrontation) ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer- See CH 4.
 

CH 12- Romance Pt.2 (Second Confrontation)
The next morning, we went to see Miroku and Sango. We wanted to know why they hadn't told us about Inuyasha.
Sesshomaru drove, and I held his hand all the way there. I love being able to touch him, to have him right there beside me.
He pulled up in front of their building, and we walked up to their apartment. I rang the doorbell.
“Coming!” yelled Sango.
We waited, then she flung open the door. “Kagome! Sesshomaru! What are you doing here? Here, come in,” she led us in.
“So, what do you need?” she asked us, eyes bright and happy.
“We need to ask you about something,” I replied. Since I knew Sango better then Sesshomaru, we had agreed that I should do the majority of the talking.
Sango nodded. She led us into the kitchen. We sat at the table, and she waited for me to say something.
“Sango,” I began finally, “we wanted to ask you about… about Inuyasha.”
Her face was a perfect study in shock. “Y-You know about Inuyasha?”
“Yes.” She looked at Sesshomaru. He nodded. She sighed.
“What do you want to know?”
“We want to know why you didn't tell us about him. You knew he was Sesshomaru's older brother.”
“Yeah. I didn't tell you because I was afraid of how you would handle it. You were sick, and we had all heard about how the trauma made you forget him. We know all about suppressed memory and all that, so we were afraid to.”
“We?” I asked.
“Me and Miroku. We talked about it when we first met Sesshomaru.” She lapsed into silence.
I think we were both holding our breaths, waiting fro Sesshomaru's reaction. I know I was watching him. But it was no use, his face was blank. I mean it, there was no light in his eyes, no twitching of muscles. It was like he had shut himself off, and retreated inside of himself, somewhere we couldn't reach.
He finally focused on Sango. “I'm not mad.” That was all he said, but that simple sentence was enough to make us sigh with relief. He smiled faintly, I guess amused by us.
We stayed for a while, just talking and catching up. Shippo was taking a nap, and Kohaku had gone over to a friends. Before we left, I peeked into Shippo's room.
He looked so peaceful, not a care in the world. He was on his back, and had a hand flung over his face. He muttered something, then turned to his side. He tucked his hands beneath his cheek. He looked so cute. I sighed, and leaned against the doorway.
I want to be like him. Nothing to worry about, the biggest amount of stress in his life came from wondering if Sango would notice that he had accidentally broken a plate, or a cup. He had no matters of dead people to watch over.
Somebody wrapped their arms around me from behind. I knew it was Sesshomaru. I leaned my head against his chest.
“Don't you want to be like him?” I asked.
“What, you mean short, furry, and annoying?”
“He is not short, furry, and annoying. You're just saying that `cause he won't believe you're a boy.” I turned to face him, a huge grin on my face. He looked disgruntled.
“Well, that would make anybody think he's annoying,” he said.
I had to nod. “True. But he hasn't done that to me, so I don't find him in any way annoying.”
Sesshomaru just rolled his eyes. He doesn't look like the type to roll his eyes, but he does it anyways.
Sango came up behind us. “Why're you staring at Shippo? It's a little creepy.” I pulled away from Sesshomaru and smiled at Sango.
“Sorry. Well, we're about to go now.” Sesshomaru nodded.
“Oh. Okay, then.” She walked us out, and waved when we pulled out of the driveway.

In Sesshomaru's car, everything was quiet. “Can I turn on the radio?” I asked him. He didn't take his eyes off the road.
“Go ahead. You don't need to ask.”
“Sorry. Some guys I used to know, you touched their radios, you die.” I turned it on, and changed it to a rock station I knew of. It was Aerosmith, “I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing”.
It triggered something in my mind. I frowned. Something about this song. What was it about this song? Why did it feel like there was something special about this song?
“This was Inuyasha's favorite song,” Sesshomaru said softly.
I stared at him, but it wasn't him I was seeing.
It was Inuyasha, was singing the song softly, strumming a guitar. He was sitting on a bed. There was a small form curled up in it. Sesshomaru.
“He used to sing it for me all the time. It was our song, my lullaby.”
Inuyasha looked over at the sleeping child and smiled. He leaned over, brushed a kiss onto his forehead. Then he straightened up, and stared straight at me.
“Mother hated Aerosmith. She used to get this look in her eyes when he sang it. She used to fuss about his band a lot, but I could always tell that she was proud of him.”
He grinned, then held up a hand. There was a long, gleaming knife in it. He pointed to the sleeping Sesshomaru, a silent question apparent in his eyes.
“No!!!” I yelled. Sesshomaru, shocked, jerked the wheel while turning me.
“Shit!” He cried, trying to get the car straightened up. It swerved and ran off the road. There was a little ditch, and we ran into it. The car bounced, then stopped.
We sat there, completely in shock. Then Sesshomaru turned to me. And yelled.
“Kagome! What the fuck! Why the hell were you screaming?!”
I stared at him. And it all came crashing down. My family, the shades. My own lack of self-confidence. Every evil thought I've ever had. Every suicidal thought. Everything wrong with me. I cried.
I sat there in Sesshomaru's car, almost haven gotten us killed, and I cried. I sobbed actually. Sesshomaru instantly calmed down, and took my shoulder, trying me pull me into his arms.
It burned. Scorched. I screamed, and Sesshomaru jerked his hand back.
“Kagome, what's wrong? What's happening now?”
I could only shake my hand. I pulled the door open and stumbled outside. He wasn't toughing me anymore, but it still hurt. And it was spreading.
I walked a bit, then crashed to the ground. I sat there, sobbing. And then what? It started to rain. I started laughing.
It was just so incredibly funny. I was going insane, I had almost killed Sesshomaru, and I was sitting in the dirt, now mud, in the rain. I wasn't sure if I was laughing or crying anymore.
I think they call it hysteria when you laugh and cry at the same time.
Sesshomaru dropped on his knees beside me.
“No! No, get up! You're going to get all dirty!” I had a napkin in my pocket. I always carry them around, because I'm really clumsy. I was trying to wipe his knees. To me, that's the most important thing in the world.
Sesshomaru, he should never be dirty,
“Why?” I asked him, still rubbing away at his knee. “Why did you get dirty? Look at all this mess, it'll stain now.”
He grabbed my shoulders. It didn't hurt. I stared up at him, through the rain.
“Sess, I'm going crazy.”
He gave me a shake. “No.” He yanked me up and crushed his lips to mine. I clung to him and kissed him back.
It was a safe haven, right there, being held by him, being kissed by him. I was melting inside, being warmed by his lips.
He pulled away. “We have to do something. We can't just sit here, waiting for the shades to come get you. It's tearing your mind, Kagome. It's pulling you apart. I won't let that happen.”
I sagged against him. “I don't know if I can, Sesshomaru. I say we have to, say we have to save those kids, but then, something happens, and I'm scared. Then, it's like I can't move. Like I'm being held down by hands, their hands.”
He held me tight.
I looked up at the sky. It had been so clear, now it was gray, stormy. I could see lightning in the distance. Nothing was going to be okay. I could feel it. I looked back down at Sesshomaru.
He was watching me with those Seer's eyes, those magician's eyes. The rain plastered his hair against his skull, and his clothes were soaking wet. To me, he was beautiful.
“The skies are crying. They're crying for us.” I leaned in, kissed him softly on the lips. I looked back up. “They're crying for us, because they know we're not going to make it. There's no future. I can feel it. Nothing we do will make a difference. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.”
My morbid words hung in the air, surrounding us with their never ceasing presence.

We called a tow truck. We rode home in a cab, silent. We dragged ourselves into the house. His parents made a fuss when they saw us. Sesshomaru said something to calm them down, I don't remember.
We went upstairs, dried off. I crept into Sesshomaru's room, needing him.
And that night, he warmed my soul. That night, there in our own little heaven, he made me forget everything but him.
xXx
Heehee, look what I did! They weren't originally supposed to do that, but it seemed to fit when I was typing this! Well, hope you liked the new CH! Oh, and if the part where they crash was confusing, it's okay. It was supposed to be! You know what to do! Review!!!
And yes, I do know it was a lot shorter then my other CHs!