InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ 500 years ❯ 500 years ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Inuyasha cast belongs to Rumiko Takahashi.

I had this idea when I watched the first season
Is an extended Soon version. Hope you like it and review.
A 500 year wait

He stood at the doors frame, he look for at her as he always did, with certain awe; at the distance, he found her smiling face.

’Should he tell her… tell her what?’ he thought scratching his head; it was not an easy story to believe. He had trouble believing it himself.

To him, it seemed like a 500 years wait, he felt something had been absent from his life, he had never understand why, he had a nice loving family, good friends, he was popular, good at sports, he was smart and he even had fan club among the girls of school for heavens sake, but something had always been missing.

He finally realized what it was, when at physical education class he caught a glimpse of a girl from another class rushing to the locker room. He was so absorbed looking at her: he did not see the ball he was supposed to intercept crash into his face knocking him unconscious.

When he awoke, she was gone and he was at the infirmary looking at the concern faces of his teammates, who had no idea about what girl he was referring.
He was send home that day, and went into deep meditation as his mother pamper him with his favorite dishes and insisted on him remaining on his bed.
This was so unlike him, he admonish himself, ‘what had happened?’ certainly not her looks, she was pretty, but there were far prettier girls at school, no something else. It felt as he had come across a missing piece from his life.

He look for her unsuccessfully the following days, giving up home and dismissing her as a mirage, until he saw her at break seated near one of the girls he had attended classes some years ago. He could hardly remember her name.
He wanted to introduce himself out of the blue, but that harbored the high risk of being labeled as weird.

He had to do this right even though he felt compelled to scream it to the world “It is you!”

He first approached Eri, when he finally remember her name and casually asked about the girl she always hanged with.
”Yuka?” She told him casually,
“No” he answered automatically, he did not know her name yet that name simply did not match.
“Ayumi?” she said giving him a mischievous look.
The name did not match either.
“No, you know the one with the medium long straight hair, shiny eyes, warm smile”
“Oh, dear”, Eri said grinning, “You mean Kagome!”
He blushed, and repeated her name in his mind, that made his heart beat faster.
“Do not worry my friend, I will be your matchmaker,” she said smiling and patting him on the back.

The introduction had to be delayed many times for she was absent from school the next day.
When he finally was introduced, he had made a fool of himself, he just could not find the words and it was .it was then when the dreams began.
It was a bit fuzzy; but it was always the same, they were in some sort of fantastic quest. He was one of his companions, a kind of rogue warrior dress in white and red with a bizarre similarity to a kabuki supernatural character, he loved her deeply and her mere presence warm his heart. However, each time he tried to approach her, something got in the way and it seems that at the end he had lost her.
Then it turned to a nightmare that seem like and eternity of loneliness and despair that seem a proper atoning for his lack of courage.

The making a fool of himself situation had not improved yet, he first thought it was a temporal infatuation, but was skin deep. When he heard she was frequently sick she device a method to approach her.

He was relieved when he found her face, but was a bit dishearten to see her eyes reflecting some sadness beneath her smiling face´ he felt somehow guilty and tried to make amendments on his way helping anyway he could.

He had to do it today, or who knows when he would see her again.

“Kagome, my love”, he told himself, “soon, you will notice me; soon I will be able to open you my heart”.
He looked at the package on his hands, another unusual gift, and probably he will make a fool of himself again but for a smile on her face, he was ready to give the world.


Note. -
Ok for those who did not guess.
Hojou, I seriously thought he was Inuyashas reincarnation during the first chapters later they came up Akitoki and kind of dismiss it as a family issue.
My arguments OK the kid seems clumsy and awkward and has the strangest taste for gifts, but then what boy is not. Imagine trying to explain this to someone, you barely know “you are the missing piece of my life”.
Dull? He is very popular at school and could date any other girl so why Kagome?, He barely knows her.
Weak? Well he stood before Inuyasha at the school festival.
Dumb? Unlike many I do not consider him dumb, come on whose notes did Kagome borrow for the exam, and who dedicated time to tutor Kagome.
To me he is just waiting for his chance to act.