InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A BIG CHANGE OF SCENERY ❯ New home, new people, old habits ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Sorry for the long wait guys I've been so busy with work and moving into my new apartment, but that's no excuse for the length of time I've took please forgive me. I'll try to be quicker with the updates this time.
 
I don't own Inuyasha but I own this story hehehe
 
REMEMBER
Kagome's first language in this story is English her second is Japanese. She will be speaking both in my story.
When she speaks Japanese in will be italicized
When she speaks English it will be normal font
PLEASE REMEMBER THIS BECAUSE IT WILL BE INPORTANT IN THE STORY LATER
 
 
 
 
 
Enjoy
 
 
 
 
 
 
CHAPTER 2: New home, new people, old habits
 
 
 
 
 
The trip so far was uneventful and too damn long. The Captain announced that they would be landing in 30 minutes, 10 minutes ago. Kagome was beyond aggravated, especially with the person next to her. She was a nice lady, but for the entire trip thus far shed asked Kagome about her whole life. Sadly it got to the point where she had to tell the lady to put a cork in it, the lady had been silent for an hour now.
 
“Ladies and Gentlemen we have now reached land.
We will be landing in approximately 10 minutes.”
 
Kagome smashed her face against the window to see for herself. `Laaaaannnnnnddddd' she thought great fully. It was so good to finally see land. Looking down she saw Tokyo Bay come into view, then Tokyo Tower and all the tall skyscrapers as far as the eye can see, for there wasn't a cloud in the sky.
 
Kagome's excitement spiked tremendously as the plane descended from the heavens. Streets, cars, and trucks had come into view now, then people. Kagome was amazed at how many people were walking in the street; it looked like a swarm of ants, way to many ants.
 
Kagome would have never guessed how good it felt when the plane touched down, and in doing so giving the plane a good rattle. Sighing out in pure joy that the trip was finally over she sat back and watched out the window as the plane taxied around to its assigned gate.
 
“Ladies and Gentlemen on behalf of Delta airlines we
Welcome you to Tokyo, Japan. The time is now 3:28pm
Sunday, clear skies in at around 82 degrees. Once parked…”
 
Kagome could care less what else he said, she was just freaggin happy it was all over.
 
After the plane was parked and the jet bridge attached, Kagome was one of the first allowed to get off. With her bag in hand she quickly made her way off thanking the pilot and flight attendants as she past. All the constant sitting made her legs weak and it took her a second to get the whole walking thing straight. The airport was huge and full of people. Weaving through the crowd she followed the conveniently posted English signs towards baggage claim. Kagome's real problem wasn't speaking the language at all, but reading it was totally different. Se couldn't read Japanese to save her life.
 
Getting down to baggage claim she waited and waited till she had all of her luggage, then she sat. After about 30 minutes of sitting around Kagome heard a squealing noise, carelessly looking up she was bombarded by a hug. Letting out a loud yelp she straightened up and pulled the person off her. An old face smiled down at her.
 
Higurashi Kagome right?” Kagome recognized the face to be that of her grandmother.
 
Standing Kagome smiled awkwardly. “Grandmother Higurashi how did you recognize me.”
 
Smiling her grandmother embraced her. “Oh my Kagome, your face hasn't changed one bit since you were younger, you just look older.
 
Kagome looked over her grandmother's shoulder towards a short broad shouldered older man dressed in shrine ware. He bore a medium sized beard to complement his monk-like appearance. Smiling softly she slowly walked away from her grandmother towards the stern faced gentleman. Once in front she bowed low (Her father once told her that the lower you bow the more respect you show to the person you're bowing to).
 
Grandfather Higurashi, it's good to see you.” Said Kagome
 
The stern face façade shattered and a bright smile appeared in its place. “It's good to know that your silly parents took the notion to teach you how to speak Japanese, get over here and give your pa a hug.” Kagome was dumb struck by his sudden change in attitude but reluctantly gave him a hug anyway.
 
Now that we've been reunited, let's grab all your things and head to the nearest taxi.” Chirped Grandmother Higurashi
 
“Dear lets let the bell hop do it, we're too old to be carrying all this heavy stuff.” Said grandfather
 
Hatumo! We are not that old and bell hops are for hotels!” snapped grandmother
 
“Izuyo, when I said we, I was merely referring to you being old. I know I'm still fresh and young, but you, you were out dated along time ago.” Grandfather started to cackle hysterically after making his accusations, while grandmother gave him a deep deadpan look.
 
“Ha-ha-ha not funny Hatumo, at least I'm not going bold like you/”
 
“Oh you will soon dear, and then we would look like twins.”
 
Kagome stood in the background baffled; these two were nothing but clown. She didn't know if she should laugh along or stay quiet. After getting the suitcases situated in a taxi they were on their way.
 
The outlook was totally different being on the streets of Tokyo as apposed to seeing them in the air. Everything was rushing all around them; bicycles, people, cars, and trucks, they were everywhere, and on the run. After about 45 minutes of driving they finally made it to the shrine, located in south-western Tokyo in Tama City. It's a quiet relaxing residential section of the Grand Megalopolis Tokyo City, no speeding automobiles or running people, just peace and tranquility.
 
Kagome stepped out of the car and took a deep breath of fresh air. Tokyo sure didn't smell any different from the US, or maybe she just hasn't been here long enough to make that a solid accusation.
 
“Kagome will you help us dear” said grandmother. Kagome quietly walk over to see what was up. “Here you go honey, the nice taxi driver volunteered to help bring some stuff up the steps.”
 
What steps.” Kagome asked curiously
 
Well those dear.” Pointing up in front of them, Kagome followed her direction, and low and behold tucked away in the tight-nit trees were a wide set of small steps going straight up. Kagome gasped and walked to the base, looking upward she gulped. The steps seemed to go up forever before stopping at the top somewhere.
 
Snapping back towards the group Kagome spoke “Grandfather! How are we supposed to get all that up there?”
 
“Dear, by the end of your school term you'll have legs as fit as an Olympic runner.” Snickered her grandfather. Kagome's shoulders fell; this was not going to be an easy task.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
By night-fall all of Kagome's belongings were in her room and dinner was being prepared. Kagome sat at the base of her new bed looking through the trinket suitcase. Sighing with sadness she pulled out a pink picture frame. Glossy eyed she stared at the happy faces. `Mom, dad, Sota, I'll miss you guys.' She thought solemnly. A knock came at the door. “Come in.”
 
“Kagome sweet heart dinner is ready, come down and see what we made for you.”
 
“Be down in a sec grandmother.” The door closed and Kagome got up to sit the picture frame on her dresser, right beside the one of her two best friends and her goofily posing in front of a fountain. Walking to the bathroom down the hall she washed up and went down for dinner.
 
The quaint two story three bedroom house sat in the back of the shrine grounds, nestled in a patch of trees. It was an older home, had been in the Higurashi family for generations, or so she was told. Didn't look that old to her though. Turning a corner she walked into the dining area. “Kagome dear come sit.” Spoke grandmother softly. Looking at their arrangement with her grandparents sitting at opposite ends of the coffee table like dining table, she sat to the side Indian style. “Try sitting like us dear.” Grandmother pointed out. Kagome did in fact notice that they were sitting on their knees and followed suit. Smiling grandmother began to serve the rice. “This is Oden, your father's favorite meat and vegetable stew.” She said directing towards a big bowl of what looked like Campbell's Chunky, beef style, with a few extra ingredients like whole boiled eggs and strips of celery. `Interesting' Kagome thought while accepting a healthy portion of Jasmine rice.
 
“I know how Americans eat a lot of food so I made extra rice just incase you want anymore.”
 
“Thank you Grandmother.” Kagome knew full well her grandmother was being genuinely courteous, but the statement still felt a little insulting seeing as though Americans must eat like pigs in Japanese people's eyes. A small bowl of Oden was slid in front of her and a spoon set beside it. “Try.” Spoke her grandfather. Kagome pulled the bowl closer to her and picked up the spoon, but right before she was able to dig in both grandparents cleared their throat. Your parent's taught you well in Japanese language, but not much in Japanese eating customs Murmured her grandfather.
 
After a long exasperating and thoroughly embarrassing dinner Kagome was back in her room going through her things. Slamming her bag shut she plopped back on her bed with her arms tightly crossed. `Who do those old bats think they are?' She thought angrily `It's not my fault I have my own way of eating, it's just eating for crying out loud. I mean dose it really matter.' Turning over she pressed her face into her pillow and began to cry. Kagome quietly cried to herself until she fell asleep. The last thought swimming in her mind… `What's tomorrow going to bring.'
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
The next day Kagome was awaken at the crack of dawn. “Kagome dear I need you to wake up, your grandfather and I have some things we need to discuss with you.” Kagome rolled over and glared at her intruder “what's the matter grandmother.” Kagome said groggily. “Just get up dear and you'll see.” With that she was gone. Kagome groaned to herself but got up anyway and went to the bathroom to wash up. Minutes later she was sitting in the living room still clad in her cloths from yesterday (since she fell asleep with out changing) and her grandparents staring her down.
 
“Your grandfather and I have decided that since you'll be staying with us, every Saturday you'll have morning chores, both inside and outside of the house. I know your young and at some point you'll make friends and want to hang out on Saturdays but chores come first. Now your ending chore time will depend solely on the time you wake and start.
 
“In other words if you choose to sleep in you'll be spending all your Saturday social time tending to your chores.” Lifting an eye brow Kagome listened to them speak. She wanted to tell them that she'll have no social life but thought it not wise to talk back at the moment.
 
“And since school begins next Monday, we won't have much time to teach you what to do. You'll need that weekend to prepare, so we'll teach you today.” Kagome sighed inwardly `this is going to be a long day.' After being dismissed, showered and dressed for the new day, Kagome enjoyed the next fun filled hours learning her Saturday chores.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
That Afternoon Kagome was finally unleashed from her grandparent's hands and free to do what she pleased. Deciding to get out and explore the neighborhood she grabbed her shoes, hollered her goodbyes and skedaddled. Stepping out and sliding the door shut, she looked out and for the first time really had a chance to admire the landscape. Her grandparents work really hard to keep their family land in tip-top shape. Smiling she continued on her way down the stone path towards the stairs which led down to the street. Once she reached the bottom she turned left and headed south. The air was filled with the sweet smell of cherry blossoms and a hint of something yummy cooking from one of the neighbor's houses.
 
Kagome scanned her surroundings; the community the shrine was located in was peaceful and quiet. She could spot only a few people including her self outside going about their personal business. Kagome continued walking. Quiet. Birds chirping. Quiet. Quiet. Stopping abruptly Kagome gripped her fists “IT'S TOO DAMN QUIET!” She snapped causing the old lady across the street to look up from her gardening. Sighing she started across the street in hopes of finding civilization that way. `I can't live like this' Kagome pondered with her arms tightly crossed (her sign of irritation) `I'm used to traffic, car horns, people yelling, and pollution for crying out loud. How am I supposed to live a whole year like this?' Kagome's silent panics were abruptly halted by a distant grumbling sound, stopping her trek across the street to listen, a decision she would regret soon. Furrowing her brows she shifted her full attention down the street. “What in the hell…” Then with out warning a supped up black motorcycle comes careening around the corning at an obnoxious speed heading right for her.
 
Gasping Kagome jumps out of the way just as it runs the intersection. Stumbling then falling on her rear with a grunt she clutched her chest in attempt to slow her rapidly beating heart. The bike screeched to a stop and the owner clad in all black leather snapped their body dangerously in her direction. With her long braids scattered about her she gathered herself quickly and attempted to stand. Turning towards the person she chocked out “are you ok?” The driver yanked off their black helmet causing a silver water fall to pour out and cascade down to their lower back. Kagome's first impression was a girl of course but after seeing their face they clearly were man features. Kagome blinked `what kind of man wears hair that long…unless…their in the process of changing genders.'
 
“Excuse me! Earth to dumb girl.”
 
Kagome was appalled by the persons attitude “what?”
 
“I said” they continued earth to dumb girl, what the hell are you doing in the middle of the road? What, did they just release you from the asylum today and you're seeing the world for the first time? Get a clue wench. Kagome took a step back clearly shocked by this dudes temper. The shock wore off quick though and was replaced by Kagome's signature pissed off look.
 
“Hey fuck you! You shouldn't have been driving so damn fast, you could have killed me. Next time follow the rules of the road you brainless idiot.” With that Kagome pivoted and stormed off down the street, not once looking back.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Done for now, next chappie will be soon.
 
Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it. Please leave comments, I really enjoy reading them, good or bad (mostly good).
 
 
REMEMBER
Kagome's first language in this story is English her second is Japanese. She will be speaking both in my story.
When she speaks Japanese in will be italicized
When she speaks English it will be normal font
PLEASE REMEMBER THIS BECAUSE IT WILL BE INPORTANT IN THE STORY LATER
 
~Chi Chi Ba Ba~ ^_^