InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Bit of Child's Play ❯ Keeping a Secret ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

(Intercepts) I do not own any of the Inuyasha characters (pouts)
 
Recap: Inuyasha had sensed Mizamique and promptly attempted to engage her in battle. Kagome stopped all the action and Katie saved Inuyasha from being “sat” then The guardian shared her story as did the Hanyou. They both seemed to reach an understanding and the two girls let Inuyasha deal with his thoughts and made their way back. Katie then sent her Guardian after a disturbance. Kagome received another Jewel Shard and Katie had to leave the group for some alone time
 
~:~~;~~:~
 
Mizamique rushed at lightening speed through the forest, Gods how I love the wind in my fur, she thought before berating herself. How could I be thinking of such things at this time, but gods it is nice! She did not, however, have much time to dwell on such matters, for a clawed hand stopped and lifted her up to eye level with her worst nightmare…
 
~~
 
Katie stumbled through the darkness attempting to get as far away as possible from Kagome's friends and Kagome. She would not allow her ailment to harm them, not now and not ever. Tears began to well up as her resistance started to fade. She fell to her knees near the bone eaters well. “No!” she screamed. “Not far enough, Not here.” She forced her body to stand. The monster within her began rising up in anticipation and need. She could feel the pain that racked her body. It had indeed been far too long since she had quenched the hunger. If she continued to resist surely she would die, but she would rather die than risk the safety of the girl she had come to know as a friend, her only friend. She cried out as the monster thrashed within her demanding release and she fell hard to the ground writhing in pain and torment but forced herself to walk once again. She was still in control, until she felt she was finally a safe distance away and succumbed to the darkness.
 
~~
 
The white wolf glared into the Taiyoukai's cold eyes. A low threatening growl greeted his ears. This intrigued him. The chances of this lesser yukai winning a battle against him were very slim yet this one, showing no fear, practically challenged him. “Silence!” he ordered. “Or this Sesshomaru will silence you.” The growling stopped almost immediately. “Now reveal to me your human form,” the wolf gave a “whuff” and whined towards the ground. A smirk appeared on his face as he set the wolf on the ground, “If you try to escape you will not be as lucky next time we meet,” he warned. The wolf began to change. As soon as Sesshomaru saw whom she looked like, he acted upon his first reaction. Mizamique was instantly dangling from the Taiyoukai's hand. She could feel his grip tighten. “Are you another of Naraku's Pets?”
“Naraku…Who is zis Naraku?” she asked confusing the Taiyoukai. Sesshomaru did not recognize the scent at first but when he did he almost regretted his actions, until he caught the barely noticeable scent of his brother. He was about to ask where she came from when she glared at him in all her stubborn glory. “If you are going to kill me then you must comply to take my place but know this my death will seal your fate, and you will be plagued as I am to follow my charge for all time!” Sesshomaru dropped the guardian as a scream rang through the forest. “Non, Madame-moiselle Katherine,” she whispered in French before changing back to her demon form and racing off. Sesshomaru was frozen in place, unsure of whether to follow or continue on his way. At last he decided upon the latter, walking away from the village to find a better area to camp and sort through all he had gathered. Then he would decide if he wanted to find out who the guardian was guarding and what was she guarding it from.
 
(Quick note for those who do not know, Mizamique's quote had meant, “No, Ms. Katherine,” took some French in High School. I'm not perfect though.)
 
Mizamique raced towards the scream passing by the campsite of Kagome's friends and successfully stopping Inuyasha from following, so he would not unintentionally seal his own fate or be scared for life by the events that would undeniably unfold. She raced on ahead faster than ever hoping to keep the monster from harming anyone or being harmed. She almost swore to herself for leaving her mistresses' side. She stopped suddenly in a clearing. A white werewolf-like creature stood before her, the pearl white coat covered every inch of the slim and beautiful demon. It stretched its translucent draconic wings, before turning her blue-green eyes towards Mizamique. The guardian growled harsh and low as the angelic spirit appeared.
“Come to watch my fun, again?” The creature's voice was a melodic first soprano that held a laugh to every word as if it found the guardians behavior humorous. The wolf snarled in irritation.
“No I have not come to only watch, but to keep you from harming the innocent. How dare you try to take over without warning! I should have been first to know you vile monster.”
“Temper, temper, my guardian, if that is indeed what you are. I need to feed and you know that,” The creature laughed aloud, the sound ringing for miles around. A small human wandered into the clearing, her eyes suddenly falling on the two “youkai,” as she had seen them, the blue-green eyes flashed as her power rose slightly.
“But you don't need to shed their blood!” The guardian screamed in outrage as the wolf stopped the “monster” from killing the girl. The young child took the chance to run, as fast as she could away from the two.
“Well now look what you've gone and done,” the creature purred.
“You're a monster,” Mizamique yelled.
“I have a name, use it,” The creature hissed, but Mizamique refused. “Say it!” Those blue-green eyes changed to red and the guardian stiffened trying not to submit to the force fighting over control to her mind. She lost the battle.
“Yes, Katira,” Mizamique regained control of herself, forcing Katira out of her head. The creature laughed before taking flight with the guardian not far behind.
 
~~
 
The sun rose as with the camp of friends but the sight that lay before them was not only surprising but unexpected as well. Katie, after having been returned to them by some miracle, lay curled up with her guardian, in demon form. Both were still asleep having been up all of last night. The guardian was first to rise only a half hour after the sun had risen and woke her still sleeping mistress, whom sat up, stretched and gave a cheerful exclamation. Kagome and Inuyasha were fighting outside about something. Katie couldn't quite hear them. She stepped out slightly and turned her gaze towards them.
“They are not coming with us,” Inuyasha yelled.
“Yes, they are. You don't even have to…” She stopped suddenly her face going from mildly angry to extremely cheerful. “Morning Katie-chan,” Katie blushed.
“I told you, you didn't have to call me that,” she smiled, still blushing slightly. Kagome let her features turn to worry, before changing the subject, to the topic that had her stressed.
“Was it the illness again?” The others in the group looked to Katie now as worried as Kagome. All except Inuyasha of course and he only listened out of mild interest. Katie nodded slightly. A tear threatened to fall from her right eye. The young American girl hated lying especially to Kagome. Miroku was about to ask about it but Katie quickly covered his mouth.
“I've had it ever since I was born,” she said, releasing the monk before he could do something he would regret later. She then began to do the most habitual thing in her life. She began to pace as she told them the story. “Mother had it, she told me that there was no cure for it, none what so ever. She was originally from Japan, as was her mother and her mother's mother. Well you get the picture. Any who she moved to America to find what she called `freedom' and that is where she met my father. After I was born I helped my mother and father decide whether or not to move back to Japan. My mother…” she stopped. Tears welled up in her eyes as the words forced their way out. “My mother, she……she,” Katie began to mourn as the memories of her mother's death came to her mind. “When they found her, she had been ripped apart, from the inside.” The last word came out as a high pitched whine. The unwanted memories causing more grief then they were worth. Kagome held Katie tightly, comforting her.
“The doctor's couldn't find any wounds on the outside. They said the damage started from her heart. When they looked at her record they decided that, until further evidence, it was due to some sort of illness…” Katie finally finished after the tears had almost ceased falling. Inuyasha stared wide eyed for a moment, before turning away. Silence settled over the group. Katie would have to berate herself for not telling the whole truth, but for now it was all she could do to keep her sanity. She did not want to tell them about the monster, she feared what it would do to them.
 
~:~~;~~:~
 
Sneak peek: Sesshomaru was the faster snatching her from the sky and landing on the ground to Mizamique's right. His heart was racing but his face showed no emotion. He wondered why he had cared whether or not the female lived or died.