InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Blessing in Disguise? ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

*I do not own InuYasha or the Characters within…*
 
The scent of blood and death hung heavily in the air. The smell was sickening to InuYasha's sensitive nose. The only thing that was keeping the scent of death at bay was Kagome's scent.
 
InuYasha raced through the forest, Kagome on his back, trying to reach the small village before all was lost. Miroku, Sango and Shippou rode on Kirara's back in the air, watching as the smoke rose from the village.
 
“I sense two jewel shards ahead!” Kagome tightened her legs around InuYasha's waist as the hanyou picked up speed.
 
“Damn it! I'll be happy when we have all those damn shards! They cause way too many problems!” He noticed the slight change in Kagome's scent. Sadness replaced some of the fear. `Why do I always have to say things that hurt her?'
 
Kagome quickly discarded the thought from her mind. She knew InuYasha didn't really mean it like that. It was her fault in the first place that the jewel was shattered and then, to top it all off, after the defeat of Naraku, the jewel split again because of one of her arrow. `Man, I just can't catch a break.'
 
They only had a few more shards to find, and the jewel would be complete. Koga had died in the final battle, along with Kohaku, which had allowed Naraku to complete the jewel. Before it had been absorbed into Naraku's body, Kagome and Kikyo both released sacred arrows.
 
Kikyo's arrow hit Naraku's hand, and Kagome's had hit the jewel shard, shattering it once again, and sending the shards flying throughout the land. She wasn't allowed to dwell on it for long though. InuYasha had her release another arrow, aiming straight at Naraku. He sent the backlash wave towards it, and Sesshoumaru released The Dragon Strike. The combined power of the three attacks was enough to send Naraku to hell.
 
Kikyo died shortly after the battle. Naraku had taken control of her, and even though she had been powerful enough to break the spell, it was too much for her body to handle. Kagome had done everything she could to help heal her, but Kikyo refused. She had died with InuYasha by her side, holding her hand. When she took her last breath, her body turned to dust and blew away on the breeze. To this day, Kagome doesn't know what Kikyo and InuYasha talked about in the last few moments of Kikyo's life, and she's not sure if she wants to know.
 
Sesshoumaru and InuYasha had reached a truce. They still didn't like each other, but they don't try to kill each other anymore either.
 
Since the wind tunnel is gone, Miroku isn't as lecherous anymore. He's still a hentai, but most of his shenanigans are aimed at Sango and not random women any more.
 
“There it is!” It was the most hideous creature Kagome had ever seen, and that was saying something.
 
InuYasha stopped, allowing Kagome to get off of his back, as he released Tetsusaiga from it's sheath.
 
Miroku and Shippou jumped off of Kirara's back as Sango released Hirakotsu. It grazed the youkai's shoulder, drawing it's attention away from the villagers.
 
The youkai was tall, at least 30 feet. There were three horns protruding from it's head. It's teeth looked razor sharp, and there was blood dripping from his mouth onto his chest. His dark purple flesh looked almost black from the blood. When he turned, he dropped the mangled body of a villager from his claws.
 
“Kagome!” InuYasha was appalled at the carnage this youkai was leaving in his wake, he had do destroy him, and quick! “Where's the shards!”
 
Kagome scanned the youkai's body searching for the shard. “He only has one! It's in the center of his forehead!”
 
“Damn it! Where the hell's the other one!” InuYasha raced forward, his father's fang in his hands.
 
Kagome scanned the area, and found the shard. There was a man standing near a woman, a bundle in her arms. “InuYasha, it's him!” She pointed towards the man, but InuYasha was tangled up with the gruesome youkai. Kagome shot off towards the woman just as the man raised his sword. The woman curled into herself on the ground, protecting whatever was in her arms. The blade sliced into her shoulder, blood sprayed from the wound.
 
He kicked the woman so she rolled to her back. Kagome stopped and notched an arrow in her bow.
 
The man raised his blade once more. “Know that pathetic monstrosity against nature will die!”
 
Before he could swing his blade, Kagome released an arrow hitting the jewel in his arm. The blade fell from his hands as he looked up and met his gaze with Kagome's. An inhuman scream left his mouth and the youkai InuYasha had been fighting turned to look at Kagome. “Get her!” The man screamed.
 
The youkai went after Kagome, but before he could reach her, InuYasha landed in front of her and released the Wind Scar. He turned and started walking towards the man who had controlled the youkai. The man was now on his knees, blood pouring from the wound the sacred arrow had produced.
 
“Why did you massacre everyone in this village!?” InuYasha slowly walked towards the man. He had learned some restraint in his time spent with Kagome, however when the man in front of him began to laugh, it tested all of his patience.
 
“I see you're a filthy half-breed too. This village was sheltering this woman and her half-breed son. They all committed one of the worst crimes against humanity by accepting her and the all were punished for their crimes.” Pulling a dagger from his haori, he raised it, madness in his eyes. “And this filthy creature will die by my hands!”
 
Before he could lower the dagger, his own sword was thrust through his gut. He coughed, and blood began to drip from his mouth. He looked down and the woman whom he thought he had killed had plunged his own sword into his body. He fell backwards, the dagger falling from his lifeless hands.
 
"You will not kill my son!" She growled out to him as she collapsed back to the ground.
 
Kagome ran towards the woman, tears springing to her eyes. InuYasha also knelt near the woman's head. `She looks like mother.' Gently, he ran a clawed hand over her hair. Tears were slowly falling from her eyes as she gripped her baby in her arms. “Please, take care of him.”
 
She raised her arms, and placed the baby in Kagome's waiting arms. She ran her hand over the baby's head, pushing the blanket off of his face to reveal black hair, and two black, triangular ears on his head. Kagome gasped as she looked at the Inu-hanyou in her arms.
 
InuYasha had placed the woman's head in his lap as she said her goodbyes to her child. “Please, you are an Inu-hanyou, you can teach him what he needs to know. I couldn't bear knowing that he wouldn't be protected.” Tears were streaming down her face now as she gripped the front of his fire-rat. She was begging InuYasha to take care of her son with her last breaths. “Please…”
 
“I…” He couldn't find the words. He raised lost eyes to Kagome's, pleading with her to find the words he couldn't.
 
Kagome took the woman's hand in her own. Bringing it up to lie on the child's head, she looked into the woman's eyes, and with a sniffle she nodded. While her answer was spoken on a whisper, the woman smiled as she heard Kagome's reply. “We'll take care of him.”
 
Miroku, Sango, Shippou, and Kirara had since gathered around, and Sango was holding Shippou in her arms, as Miroku held her.
 
“Thank… you…” The smile faded from the woman's eyes, as her life faded from this world.
888888888888888888
 
Well, should I continue this? Please leave me a review and let me know…