InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Blessing in Disguise? ❯ InuDaichi ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

I Know this chapter is a little short, but i figured getting even half the chapter out was better than nothing. it's not exactly what i was expecting when i sat down to write this, but it's just how it came out.
 
i'm not 100% happy with this chapter, but hopefully it will work for everyone. i've written and rewritten it this was the best one, i thought at least.
 
this might end up being a temporary chapter. i'm really hoping that if i let it sit for a day or two, if i go over it again, i'll be able to make it even better. but i know how much patience it takes to wait for an author to post a chapter, and believe you me, i know i'd rather have a half chapter than nothing, so here it is, the first half of the chapter..
 
INUYASHA ISN'T MINE.... A GIRL CAN DREAM THOUGH, RIGHT?
Chapter 3
 
InuYasha sat, holding the pup in his lap. Kagome had returned to her time in order to get supplies for the pup. What supplies he didn't know, but she said they were important. InuYasha guessed the pup to be only two or three weeks old.
 
He looked down at the pup sleeping in his lap. The pup's dark locks contrasting greatly against the red of his Fire Rat. His ear's would twitch every so often. A fang poked out from the side of his mouth and made InuYasha smile. He still couldn't get over how small the pup was.
 
Suddenly the pup opened his eyes. He looked at InuYasha and began crying. “I bet you're hungry, huh pup?” Kagome should be back soon, InuYasha hoped as he looked towards the well. On instinct, InuYasha brought the pup up to his mouth and scruffed him, allowing a low growl to build in his chest and rumble to life. The pup slowly stopped crying. InuYasha released the pup from his mouth, cradling him close to his chest, allowing the rumbling to continue soothing the pup.
 
And that was how Kagome found them. A tear fell from her eye, and before she could wipe it away, InuYasha looked up at her and their eye's met.
 
Her eye's were glazed over in unshed tears, save for the one lone tear that slowly made it's way down her cheek and disappeared down her neck. She had a baby blue bag hanging from her shoulder, and she held a stuffed animal tight against her chest. The white animal contrasted against her dark green sweater. `Is she holding a stuffed dog?' InuYasha thought to himself.
 
She quietly made her way towards him, and knelt down beside him. Whispering, so as not to wake the pup she spoke. “How long has he been sleeping?”
 
“He calmed down after you left, and he just woke up a few minutes ago crying, but I got him to sleep again. I think he's hungry.” He whispered back to Kagome. He watched her nod and reach into the blue bag she set down next to her in the grass. Pulling out a bottle, she tipped it upside down and let a few drops fall to her wrist.
 
Kagome had warmed the bottle before she left the future hoping that it would be cooled enough for the little guy to eat when she returned. The formula felt just the right temperature. “Here, give him to me and I'll feed him.
 
InuYasha passed the pup over to Kagome, being careful to support his neck. She had scooted closer to him, and was pressed against his side as she took the pup in her arms. Unconsciously, she turned so her back was angled into his arm. InuYasha had no choice but to drape his arm over her shoulder.
 
He watched as the pup woke up once the nipple was close to his mouth and greedily clamped onto the nipple to drink from the bottle.
 
Kagome giggled. “Looks like he has your appetite InuYasha.”
 
InuYasha `keh'd' which cause Kagome to giggle even more.
 
“You know InuYasha, we're gonna have to pick out a name for him.”
 
InuYasha looked down at Kagome who looked up to him and smiled. “What do you think we should name him?”
 
She looked back down at the pup and leaned her head against InuYasha. Without realizing what he was doing, InuYasha had begun running his fingers lightly through Kagome's hair.
 
“Well,” she said as she closed her eyes reveling in the feel of her hair being played with. “I had a few thoughts, but... Never mind.”
 
“What?”
 
“It's gonna sound silly.” Kagome could feel the blush rising on her face. Sure she had thought of a bunch of names, Daichi, Ichiro, and Taro were the three that she liked best. Sure there was nothing silly about those names. It's just that when she thought up the names, she had put Inu in front of them all.
 
“Just tell me.” InuYasha urged. He sat with his eyes closed, slowly and carefully running his clawed fingers through her hair. He had realized he was doing it and had felt the urge to stop, but if Kagome wasn't gonna complain...
 
“Well, there were three I really like. Daichi, Ichiro, and Taro. I liked Daichi best though.”
 
“It's a good name.” InuYasha kept playing with her hair. He realized that the pup had fallen asleep, the bottle forgotten in place of dreams.
 
“I was thinking... that is, if you think it would be ok... I was wondering if...” She couldn't do it. She couldn't say what she wanted. Why was it so hard to tell him what she wanted? Hadn't they agreed that they could tell each other anything? She had told him he was her best friend. She should be able to tell her best friend what she was thinking, right?
 
“What Kagome?”
 
“Could we name him... Inu-Daichi?”
 
His hand stilled immediately, as did the rest of his body. His breath caught in his chest as his eyes shot open and looked down on the sleeping pup.
 
Kagome felt the change in him immediately. His whole body became stiff and rigid. She shouldn't have asked. “It's ok if you don't want to. I probably shouldn't have even brought it up. It was just something I was thinking about that's all. I mean, the poor little guy is never gonna know who is real parent's were and we're all he's ever gonna have so I just thought that maybe....”
 
`She always rambles when she's nervous.' InuYasha thought to himself with a smirk. It's not that he's upset by what she said, just that he wasn't expecting it. He reached down and tilted her chin up with his hand so he could look into her eyes. She stopped her rambling as a tinge of rose crossed her cheeks that he found adorable. “I think, that that would be a good name for him. After all, he's our son now.”
 
A tear fell from her eyes. “Thank you InuYasha.” His head started lowering to hers slowly. She ran her tongue over her bottom lip as she held her breath. `Is InuYasha really going to kiss me?' Her brain screamed the question. She saw his eyes dart to her lips and she began to close her eyes, he brain screaming at her that this really was happening! She could feel his breath on her lips, all she would have to do was lean a little further up and...
 
A wailing sound pierced the air and InuYasha and Kagome pulled apart as if they had just been two teenagers caught making out on the couch. The pup was crying, and from the smell of things Kagome new why.
 
“OH KAMI!” InuYasha yelled and jumped up as soon as Kagome rose. His sensitive nose finally picked up the smell. The only thing he smelled previously was Kagome.
 
Kagome laughed as InuYasha jumped up as though he had been shot and put his sleeve over his nose. “Come on InuYasha, it's not that bad.” Settling the pup on the grass, she reached for the bag and pulled out a diaper, baby powder and baby wipes. `God bless the twenty-first century.'
 
“Kagome, what are those...” InuYasha made a bunch of gestures with his hands, “Things that you're using on my pup?”
 
“Relax, they're just things from my time that make having a baby easier, that's all.” She unwrapped the baby from his blanket and removed the cloth that she had used as a make shift diaper. “These are called baby wipes.” She pulled one from the container and began to wipe the pup's bottom and put it in the old cloth. She grabbed the bottle of powder and began dusting the pup's bottom with it. “This is baby powder. We use this so the baby doesn't get diaper rash. It helps keep his skin from getting sore from rubbing against the diaper.” Lastly, she pulled out the diaper and opened it up. “And this, is the best thing that man, or woman, ever created, the disposable diaper. You just throw it away after it's been used. It's great! Plus it has leak guard.”
 
“Leak guard?” InuYasha asked confused.
 
Kagome laughed as she put the new diaper on the pup. “Never mind. There we go Inu-Daichi, good as new!” She tilted her head up and smiled at InuYasha. “Next time it's your turn. You gotta learn how to change him too you know.”
 
InuYasha just stood there and watched as Kagome put everything back into the bag and slung it over her shoulder. She picked the pup up and turned to InuYasha with the most beautiful smile on her face. “Come on, we should get back to the village.”
 
He took one long last look at her smiling at him with the pup, their pup, in her arms. He wanted that picture to be forever in his mind. He slowly began walking towards her, and she reached her had out to him. He took her offered hand and they slowly entwined their fingers together.
 
As they walked and talked on their way to the village, InuYasha thought that this pup might just be the best thing that ever happened to him.
 
888888888888888888888888888888888888888888
 
 
ok, so that was the first half of this chapter. what did everyone think???
 
please don't hurt me :(
 
fluffy802005