InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Breeder's World ❯ A mother's worry ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~~~Sesshoumaru's P.O.V. ~~~
 
The smirk she had on her face along with her mischievous eyes twinkling at me had me slightly worried. I knew I could handle whatever she dished out but I knew I should have listened to my instincts about her being annoying. However a deal was a deal and within a few short years she would have her hands full with kids and to busy to annoy me further. Yes, I just have to wait her out.
 
~~~Inuyasha's P.O.V. ~~~
 
I heard her comment and knew that meant trouble. I just shook my head and glanced up at my brother and saw the slight frown that marred my brother's face. He wore that look when he was worried. Though I couldn't see Kagome's, I knew she probably had just given him her trade mark look she always wore when she decided that our arguments were over and she would sit me. I hoped my brother had some idea the trouble a girl like her could cause but some how I doubted it. I knew I could handle whatever she sent my way like I did before but for once it wasn't just me she was going to annoy. Maybe she would finally learn her place though I had a feeling she was going to define her place on her terms. I knew that without trying she was going to push my brother's buttons and I wanted a front row seat when she wrapped him around her little finger.
 
Oh yes, revenge on my brother would be sweet and wrapped up in the most innocent looking package that has dared to walk the earth. I just hoped that she couldn't learn to add any other subduing commands to my necklace since there were people to train her here now. I knew that she had just declared some type of warning to us but why warn us when we wanted her? The only thing that I could think of was that her temper might be a problem.
 
~~~Back track a little to Kagome's P.O.V. ~~~
 
I knew what I had to do after I read the file that had their name on it. I had loved Inuyasha for so long and I just couldn't part with him again. My mom had always loved his ears though I don't know if she remembers the previous life she had. But once she met him again I was sure she would fall in love with them all over again.
 
Thinking a little harder about the position I was in made me wonder a little how I was just accepting the life the wish had given me but this world and life had more opportunities then the old one did. I mean where else could you walk out of a domed city and look at the night sky still as bright as it was in the feudal era? The world wasn't being destroyed by human carelessness. I could get a college degree in my sleep (irony anyone?) and still be a breeder. I had always loved kids and I missed Shippo so much. But I knew that he was grown by now and I wanted another child to raise. So why not accept a position that would allow me to have puppy eared kids?
 
At that thought another one suddenly occurred to me. Now that I was signed on into a house my status as a white didn't apply any more. Hmm... I think that means a little seduction is in order. I'll be damned if I am going to do to a doctor to get those puppy eared kids. `Wait what am I saying?' she thought nervously to herself `this seems right and this also seems wrong. I mean in my old life I wouldn't have even considered having a child of a man that I wasn't married to'. But then again I signed the contract and no other male but this family can have me. I REFUSE to spend the rest of my 200 and some odd years being celibate. Well then there is only one choice isn't there?
 
I looked up from signing the contract and said, “You're stuck with me now.” I did it as the last warning they were going to receive from me before I began my plan. I turned to give them both a profile view and stretched with my arms going above my head in a fake yawn. I arched my back making my breasts press against my bodice tightly as I went all the way up to tiptoe before slowly relaxing back down. I knew my bodice was a little loose from the exam because I had pulled it up a couple times. But this allowed me to play the naive maiden as it slipped a little lower. When I opened my eyes they were both looking at me. Good.
 
“This has been a long day so who is taking me home?” I added a smile and batted my eyes looking as cute as I knew how to be.
 
“Sesshoumaru, are you going to take her home? I mean her mom has at least seen you, I don't know if she would like me showing up at her door unannounced.” said Inuyasha.
 
“I understand that Inuyasha but I can't go because I am going to have to work quickly to finish the final arrangements. Take her upstairs to my floor and call her mom and to arrange who is taking her home. If she doesn't want you escorting her home tell her she is either staying here or to come and pick Kagome up herself. I have much to do before tomorrow little brother; I trust you can complete this small task.” He gathered up the other files and my contract. After placing carefully the contract in the folder he sat down and motioned us to leave. I thought he was being a little unfair to Inuyasha but I would get him back later. Right now I had plans to keep in motion.
 
I immediately went over and took Inuyasha's arm before they got in a fight. I held it under my arm very close to the slightly bare side of my breast as I dragged him into the elevator. Once the door closed and he punched in the code to allow the elevator to go up to his floor I raised my hand to caress his cheek.
 
He turned towards me with a slight smile and I reached up to give him another kiss. I made sure it stayed light until I heard the doors open and I quickly pulled him out and pushed him against the nearest wall. He was startled I think by my aggressiveness but he wasn't the only one who wished they had kissed more back in the feudal era and I wasn't going to play the shy girl any more. I crushed his lips to mine and he finally began to respond. I knew that I couldn't get carried away yet so slowly I backed off. Until the timing was right I had to play it smart. The final arrangements would take a few days to complete and then I had to be introduced to the other youkai houses.
 
I pulled away and rested my forehead against his. “Now why didn't we do this before?” I knew it was a dumb question but I was feeling to light headed to care.
 
An abrupt burst of laughter from Inuyasha startled me enough to pull away altogether and I stared up into his eyes.
 
“Kagome there is something I want to say before things go much further” a slight pause, “The reason we didn't do this earlier was that in youkai terms I was still just coming out of puberty. My hormones were a mess and took over a year to straighten out after being stuck to that tree. By that time you guys were used to the way I was and for a while I thought if I suddenly changed I wouldn't have my friends. After you made your wish and disappeared I realized that I never got to say how I truly felt about you. Ever since I have carried some guilt bout it and I was wondering if you could forgive me.”
 
My eyes had started to burn at the beginning of his confession and I thought for a moment that he might have found some one else but his heartfelt words made my eyes shed tears as I nodded my head to show that I forgave him. The next thing I knew I was swept back up into his arms in a bone crushing hug. Soft whispers of adoration and the words I had so long wanted to hear surrounded me. I hugged him close and cried a little.
 
Once I had calmed down I knew I had to call my mom. I gave Inuyasha a quick kiss and went to pick up the phone. I dialed the numbers that hadn't changed even though the times had and waited for someone to answer.
 
“Hello” a young mans voice said and I recognized it as my brothers.
 
“Souta this is Kagome is mom home?”
 
“Kagome where are you the other girls came home hours ago me and mom were worried!”
 
“Sorry little bro. Mr. Takahashi said my score allowed me to choose whether to become a regular breeder or a house breeder. I spent the day reading files. Now can you put mom on I need to talk to her about something important.”
 
“Yeah here she is but you should have called earlier sis you're in big trouble.” I sighed when I heard that because it was probably true but then how was I supposed to know she had expected me home so quickly?
 
“Hello, Kagome are you there?”
 
“Yeah mom it's me.”
 
“Where have you been I have been so worried! I was about to call the police to see if they had found you. I was afraid you were hurt or abducted. Honey there are dangers out there and you could have lost everything...”
 
“Mom...MOM..Yes I know all that. I'm still at the western office. Because of being a white I was offered to become a house breeder mom. I have spent the day looking over files of those who are looking for one.”
 
“But dear a house breeder is really only for youkai. Humans don't need someone as pure as they do.”
 
“I know that mom but I was offered and I decided to check it out first since this is kinda a once in a lifetime opportunity.”
 
“But honey you come from a long line of priests and priestesses.”
 
“What does that have to do with anything mom?”
 
“Honey today I found out that you have priestess powers, I am afraid if you bear youkai children your powers might disappear. It's been generations since anyone has had powers large enough to need training.” (Kagome's mom in her worry forgot that Kagome had listed what she knew she could do)
 
“Mom believe me when I say that my power aren't going to disappear. The power come from your soul and heart my body has nothing to do with it.”
 
“But if you used your powers when carrying a child won't that purify it?”
 
“Um. That I am not sure of and if so I will just have to have something done about it. A charm or something to wear to dampen my powers until after the child is born.”
 
“I see. So you are sure you want to do this? I could help you with being a regular breeder dear.”
 
“I know that mom after all you are a retired one. But I have met an old friend and his family is the one I am going to be a breeder for.”
 
“So who is this mysterious boy and why haven't I met him?”
 
“Well his family name is Takahashi.”
 
“What! You mean you are becoming the breeder for the city governor? How, where, when, why?” My mom was stuttering on.
 
“Yes mom I am becoming a breeder for the Takahashi house. The two half-brothers are the ones that rule the western and eastern lands. You met the older one today. He was the one that read off the scores.”
 
“You mean that handsome young man was a Takahashi?”
 
“Mom he isn't young in fact he's over a thousand years old! And yes he is in fact he is the one that has been handling all breeders for the past century.”
 
“I see. Well are you coming home then?”
 
“Ah. Well you see yes I am coming home for a little bit. But the younger Takahashi is the one escorting me unless you want to come back and bring me home?”
 
“That's fine I want to meet this man. Now who was it that you were friends with?”
 
“Ah. The younger one?”
 
“Hmm.”
 
“Well I guess that means I'll see you in a few minutes?”
 
“Yes we all will be waiting dear.”
 
“Bye.” “Bye.”
 
For some reason I had a feeling this wasn't going to end well. I turned back to Inuyasha to see him sitting quietly in front of a T.V. listening to the news.
 
“Inuyasha?” I saw his ears flick back before he turned.
 
“Yeah wench.” My anger rose a little. After all these years he still insults me. Humph.
 
“Because of my wish they might not remember you. I have a bad feeling that you are going to have to prove yourself to them.” a slight nod was all I received and he stood up. I guess this is where we faced the music.
 
~~~End of chapter five~~~