InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Breeder's World ❯ Choas cause headaches ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~~~Inuyasha's P.O.V. ~~~
 
My brother and I worked through the rest of the night having a cleaning crew move out several rooms of junk in my opinion and decided to loan them to a museum for awhile. Being the leader of the city had a lot of perks sometimes. I knew Kagome liked the out doors and when we built the city I had a small forest like park added to the back of both of our office homes. The top two floors of each building were for us and the rest was like any other office building. It saved allot of traveling time when you work as many hours as we had to. Both of our main cities in each territory were like that. We have a few homes other places but we usually rented those out when we weren't there.
 
My brother had built his offices larger then mine because his included a specialized laboratory so when the blood and samples were taken they could immediately could be tested and returned with the scores. I had a small building off to the side because I couldn't stand having the smells follow the girls into my office, so they were tested and sent home to get clean and came back the next day. Being full blooded he could cast a small spell to block unwanted scents.
 
Things being as they were and Kagome having to live with Sesshoumaru first I made him clean out a room for me too. I was going to buy a duplicate set of my stuff at home and have it installed by the time Kagome got here. Luckily I had originally bought my stuff here decades ago and the set never went out of style. I had already given them a call and they would be on their way with the set by 6 a.m. It was 5:30 a.m. when Sesshoumaru set me down with the plans for the day. Most of it would be spent with her in the doctors office getting the injections of prolong and the vitamin boost. Along with several other things I really didn't want to know about. I mean I had run the breeder program for a long time but humans kept progressing and there were new things that helped ease the females' time being pregnant so much of the time.
 
One thing I had to ask what he meant was a small surgery that females had, called in laymen's terms, the belly expander. It was some sort of special elastic strip that was bonded with the skin of the belly that allowed for the expansion of the waist so that females didn't get stretch marks anymore and would return to a very narrow strip when the female wasn't pregnant. A clever little device that also cut down majorly on the weight gain. It allowed many women to keep their figures without having to work so hard at gyms and what not. I had asked if they had matched the feel to that of the real skin then to cover it up but he said though possible it was very expensive and most women didn't care because once they retired it could be very easily removed like it had never been there. I was amazed. By the time all this was explained it was 7 a.m. and had to call the Higurashi residence.
 
Ring...ring. ring
 
“Hello Higurashi residence.” came a female's voice.
 
“Yes, this is Mr. Takahashi. I was calling for Kagome, is she there?”
 
“Oh yes she's here hang on.” a muffled yell was heard and I had to wait a while before I heard a breathless hello.
 
“Kagome?”
 
“Yes, it's me.”
 
“Are you ready? There is a lot to do today.”
 
“Almost I was just finishing getting dressed.”
 
“Wear something easy to get out of.”
 
“Hentai! Why would I do that?” I growled at her loudly. She always took what I said wrong.
 
“Listen Kagome I mean it you are going to have a lot of doctors looking at you today and two small surgeries. Hard to get off clothes will slow you down.” I grumbled about women who jumped to conclusions to myself. A small `oh' was all I heard for awhile.
 
“Do you have any suggestions then?” her voice quivered a little.
 
“Are you okay Kagome?” she sounded so weird.
 
“Yeah...yeah, I'm fine why do you ask?”
 
“Your voice sounded....Hell I don't know Kagome. It's just your voice sounded off. Do you want me to come over and help?”
 
“Umm.” again I heard a muffled voice and from what I could make out she was asking her mom about me coming over. Her voice abruptly came back on, “Yeah why don't you do that. By the time you get here I should be ready and we can finish this on the way, okay?” Now I knew something was wrong but what I wasn't sure yet so I just agreed and hung up.
 
When I left my bedroom that was still being set up I found my brother was sitting in a chair watching the morning news.
 
“Is everything alright Inuyasha?”
 
“I think so. I am going to pick her up and bring her here. Will she need anything like breakfast or something?”
 
“Hopefully she didn't eat. She can't go under with food in her stomach though I suppose they could pump it out, but that wouldn't be tasteful. She is only to bring her belongings that she wants and I'll have them placed in her room while you escort her to the doctor. Remember that you need to call the other main office and set up something or someone for the time you're going to be gone and send someone to fetch your sword.”
 
To be truthful I had forgotten about my sword and about work so I just nodded my head and continued on my way out. I punched up a special code for a chair with a storage bin behind it and set off to the shrine.
 
Once I arrived I noticed just one rather large suitcase and a fidgeting Kagome. I took a deep breath once again thanking every Kami I knew of to have her back. I jumped up the stairs and landed beside her.
 
“Hey Kagome you ready to go?” She fidgeted again and nodded nervously.
 
“Kagome now I know something is wrong tell me what is it.”
 
“It's stupid Inuyasha don't worry about it.”
 
“Kagome don't give me that. You are rarely this nervous and you aren't without good reason. So just tell me. Maybe I can help.” I was trying so hard not to yell at her like I used to at least then she would blurt it out but I didn't feel like eating stone.
 
“It's just all hitting me now Inuyasha. This morning in the shower I really thought about this life that the jewel gave me and I'm not sure if I like it. In my old life I would only bare the children of the man I loved unless I was raped but now here I almost had to bare children for people I don't know for money? For the cities idea of genetic purity? It seems so wrong and yet this future the world isn't being destroyed and used up like a napkin. It has all these marvelous cities and better police protection. With the cities built this way there is so much more open land for farming and livestock. The air is almost as pure as the time I left and you can see the stars outside so bright. The recycling of everything surprises me and pleases me. But this aspect, this breeder program, is what I am so worried about.”
 
“Here in this time it is accepted to be a house breeder for entire families of men. I know for me it's just the two of you but if I am still alive when any boy of mine reaches an appropriate age will I have to bare him a child too? I couldn't do it Inuyasha. While I have the memories of my time in this life I am still that girl born in 1977. I still hold those ideals and those beliefs. I can live here only because I can reach into my mind for information I need but some answers aren't given. It scares me a little the thought of baring a child at my age. When I made my wish I was expecting to go back to trying to finish school and go to college.”
 
“For you Inuyasha this is the life you grew into and though you may have your opinions this is what you are used to and come to accept. You know nothing different but I do. Take these surgeries that you mentioned for example. I have no idea what they are and I am expected to go through with them to due my part in preparing to become a house breeder.”
 
“To tell you the truth Inuyasha this whole life is new to me! I only awoke yesterday for gods sakes to this life from my old one. Everything is going so fast and so much is expected of my in a very short time. I have had no time to adjust and no time to catch my breath. I mean I know there is a good side to all of this like I finished high school with good marks and I could still receive a good college education. There is no big record of illnesses here and I have the friends that I had lost before to spending so much time with you. But the changes are a little much Inuyasha and I'm scared.”
 
Through her entire speech I could feel my ears shrinking down to the top if my head. I hadn't really given thought to what she had said yesterday about waking up here and coming the breeder office but now that I did I realized how much strain she had to be under. No one remembered her going through the well except me, my brother and Shippo. Her family had no idea of her other life and the things she had lived through. Going from hunting demons with me and our friends to have to bare children for them? This isn't the life she had expected to live but it was what she had. I promised myself that I would help her through this.
 
It would take time but I hoped she was ready for what my brother had planned and learned to accept it by next spring because she would have to choose one of us each day. It would be the only way not to have us fighting and doing what we usually did to relieve ourselves. Kami how to explain this to her, maybe I should wait until she is more used to things.
 
“Kagome I realize this must be hard but you survived being thrown into my time without knowing much of anything like you do here. I know you can do this. It may be moving quickly like you say but within a little over a weeks time all this will be over and you will be able to slow down and take things at more your own pace. Just trust me and my brother we will help you through. You belong with us now and you can carve out your own life and what you want. You aren't a slave that has to do everything we say when we say you have a choice. Just like you did when you signed the contract.” I wrapped my arms around her and held her while she shook. There were no tears or sobs but I knew that they most likely would come before it was all said and done.
 
“Thank you Inuyasha. I feel better now. Lets get a move on your brother probably has us doing a million and one things today and we are wasting time.”
 
“Kagome we could slow things down a little if you really need to. Your sanity comes before all this. I will make my brother understand if I have to. Besides doing anything for you isn't a waste of time.” I said with a smirk and I got a little giggle just like I hoped. If she could still laugh she would be fine.
 
~~~Sesshoumaru's Morning~~~
 
The early morning had been very productful but as the later morning wore on things weren't going as great. Calls from all the house leaders was coming in when the news reported that him and his brother had finally taken a house breeder. The whole city knew by now and gossip was already starting to stir. He had had to do something that he hadn't had to do since he and his brother had withdrawn from active society, he had called a press conference.
 
The questions they had wanted answered were very intrusive and demeaning. Instead he asked for quiet and simply stated that he and his brother had found a white that they both agreed upon. That she wasn't available for an interview for this week reason being the finalizations to bring her into his house were in progress and that she was indisposed. When they had asked about where his brother was and again the vile questions were raised he said that he was escorting her to the doctor's office and then he had to get back to work. After that he called the conference to a close. Thanking every Kami that he had perfect control over his features other wise they would have assumed the worse if he had flinched at any of their questions.
 
After that disaster he had to pry off female youkai that had been passed over in the hallway. All of them throwing themselves at him trying to get him to reconsider. The smell was atrocious. After growling for security and getting in the elevator he could still smell them on his person so he had to take an unwanted detour to his home for a shower and a change of clothes. Angry at the demented females he punched the buttons harsher then usual.
 
His morning had not gone well and the unwanted shower did little to decrease his anger. He snapped at his secretaries to get back to work and made his way to the elevator after picking up a pile of paper before returning to his office. His brother should be stopping by in the early afternoon after Kagome finished her appointments. He hoped his brother was having better luck then him. Rubbing his forehead he sighed. While he knew life was never easy this was getting out of control very quickly.
 
Pushing all thoughts from his mind he began working again and decided that no matter what he had to get some work done or he was in danger of falling behind and that would lead to real chaos for the entire city.