InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A celestial wish ❯ naraku's pet ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fog swirled around the decrepit shore, trying its best to sooth out the evil aura that seemed to permeate the ground. But it could not hide the man sitting in the center, the source of the evil. The man waved a hand and the fog thickened, drifting about his waist. He made an irritated sound and waved again. The mist billowed angrily then condensed more firmly to his form, blocking him from view.
 
“The elements do not comply as you would wish, hmm?” said an invisible voice, which was more than the man could manage, the top of his head was beginning to show.
 
“That is not your concern Warui, you are stalling.”
 
“I am insulted! I am not like you Naraku” the mist in front of the man solidified into the shapely form of a woman, who swished the fog away from Naraku's body. There is no need to hide from me” she purred “I am yours…”
 
“Do not attempt your tricks on me!” Naraku snapped “you have a job! Start the summoning!”
 
“Oh… but she is so hard to control, even with a Shikon jewel shard” Warui pouted. Naraku glared at her until she sighed and drifted over to two large pentacles that lay glowing in the sand. The waves beat against the beach, sounding like ancient drums.
Warui sat in the middle of one of the pentacles and began chanting softly, growing in pitch and volume until the air vibrated with her voice. Naraku concentrated but could not under stand the strange language.
 
Mai de fru,
Hys dun hyre na.
Coru indi besura,
Bedry ju iok fre.
Bi numre kato,
Slalem da uum…”
 
The sea trembled ominously and the pentacle brightened. Naraku took a step back, and then returned to his previous position when he noticed that Warui seemed unperturbed by this. She opened her eyes and stood, uttering a single name to the wind that had picked up.
 
Saphia…” a shining point of light appeared in the other pentacle and expanded, creating the shape of a large being. Bright green eyes blinked in an intelligent face, as the spirit contemplated the strange person before it. Warui turned to Naraku.
 
“The shard” he stepped forward into the glowing circle and cupped his hands together, something small zoomed out of his hands and struck the spirits forehead. The being howled in pain and tried to shake the evil hurtful thing out of its head, to no avail. Suddenly the beast quieted and glared at its two capturers, growling loudly.
 
“You will do my bidding!” Naraku shouted. At the spirits defiant huff he clapped his hands together and the creature writhed in agony until he clapped them again. “Do my bidding!” he warned “or I will split your head open and give your soul to my demons as a chew toy. The deity was not used to submitting, but it lowered its head in compliancy.
“Your first task” Warui hissed almost gleefully “is to find and kill the half demon Inuyasha!” the spirit nodded once then shot up in a pillar of light, ending the spell and quieting the pentacles.
 
“Will it work?” Naraku asked quietly.
 
“She will resist. But as long as she carries the jewel, control is assured.” Naraku let himself relax, and gestured. Abruptly they both vanished, leaving the remains of the pentacle spells, and the evil…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The spirit floated over the mountain range, unseen as it followed the scent of its prey. It couldn't see the half demon, but it could smell him. It saddened the being that the hanyou's smell reminded it of home, but it had no choice. It glided down invisibly as it spotted its quarry over a hill. It listened to the conversation he was having with his companions.
 
“were not stopping!” the boy insisted angrily to the monk beside him, the monk put on a patient stare.
 
“We humans can not keep up for such a long time, we've discussed this already.”
 
“Cant I go ahead?”
“We need your protection, remember. We've been through this.” The boy crossed his arms and sulked, seeing this the girl beside him piped in.
 
“Your so strong, we can't do what you can!” that appeared to mollify him a bit “come on Inuyasha_” she never finished her sentence, because when it heard the name, the spirit attacked.