InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Chance in a Lifetime ❯ Big Dreams ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Chapter 1 - Big Dreams
Inuyasha walked through his one bedroom apartment. "It has to be more to life than this." He picked up his keys by the door and left. 'I can talk to Sesshoumaru. Maybe he can help,' he thought walking over to Sesshoumaru's apartment which was across the hall, but he wasn't doing much better. 'What's wrong with us? We had worked so hard after dad died and we still have problems making ends meet. It took everything we had in savings to bury him, and then when mom died we used the insurance money and still had to borrow from the bank. Things have got to get better than this,' he thought as he walked into his brother's home.
Sesshoumaru was thinking along the same lines. 'We weren't wealthy, but we didn't live from paycheck to paycheck either.' On his way home from work he had bought two lottery tickets. 'Maybe we can get a little something that would help.' Just then Inuyasha knocked on the door and walked in.
"Hey, Sess where are you?"
"Sit down in the living room and I'll be right out in a minute."
Yash sat on the black couch. The room was sparingly furnished. There was a coffee table and a black chair to match the couch. Two torch lamps to light the room and a 25 in. TV on a stand. In the bedroom there was an air mattress and something that resembled milk crates to serve as a place to store the clothes that were suppose to be in drawers. Inuyasha said nothing about the way his brother lived he wasn't doing any better. He maybe had one more milk crate to keep some mementos of happier times, but that was it.
"Hey Yash I stopped by and picked up two lottery tickets. I know I shouldn't have, but I figured what could it hurt."
"What numbers did you pick?"
"Well the first one is 10 25 20 96 13 02 and the other one is 90 40 11 06 12 32. The jackpot is 600 million dollars."
"If we were to win something like that what would you do with the money?"
"Well I would build a house, buy a car, quit my job and start my own business. Now that Kagura is not around I feel free to work on my dreams. I liked her, but there was no love, trust or anything that said she's “the one”. What about you?"
"They say great minds think alike, but I was thinking about going into business together. I mean between the two of us I think we could definitely become well known as contractors. I have been thinking about this for awhile now and I thought it would be a good idea to live3 in one house to cut back on bills. In fact I have a plan that I'm having problems with maybe you could look at it and see why it's slightly off. I've been thinking about Kagome, well more like dreaming what it would be like if she were the right one for me."
"Deal. They should be announcing the number soon on channel 12."
"I'll get us something to drink while you find the right channel. What do you want?"
"Bring me a Sprite. They're announcing the winner numbers."
As the woman on the TV began to call out the number both brothers sat in kind of a dream like state and almost missed it.
"And the numbers for the multimillion dollar jackpot are: 90 40 11 06 12..."
Across the street the same conversation was going on in a two bedroom apartment. Kagome and Rin had been friends since kindergarten. After college they decided to move in together so that they could share the bills and save money to start up their own business. They majored in interior design and minored in fashion. They could either be working with furniture or clothes, which ever appealed to them the most. The girls move into the apartment complex right across the street the boys, but they never saw one another. Yash and Sess left before the girls did and got home after they did.
"Hey Kagome do you think we even have a chance? I mean these numbers were so random. I don't think we could be that lucky to even get one. Are you sure about that dream you had Kagome?" Rin said as she looked through a Home Design magazine.
"We have a chance just like anyone else. You know what I would like to do. Help Yash and Sess, we haven't seen them since the death of their parents. I always thought that they were good at designing houses. I thought that after we graduated we could all work together."
"Yeah I miss them it's like they fell off the face of the earth. Kagome, if I tell you something do you promise not to breathe a word of this to anyone?" Kagome nodded her head yes. She quickly flicked through the channels trying to find out where they were going to announce the winning numbers. "Well I have always had this thing for Sesshoumaru, but he was with Kagura and I never had a chance."
Upon finding the right channel Kagome turned to face her friend, and gave her a sad smile, "You know I felt the same way about Yash for a long time, but he seemed to be so into Kikyo. So I just settled for being his friend. But you can't tell his this should we ever meet up with them again, but once I saw Kikyo with Naraku. And trust me when I tell you the car was not bouncing because of he music that was playing on the radio."
"Did you ever tell Yash what you saw? That could hurt him true, but it's better to find out before it could do some real damage."
"No, because his mother had just died and I didn't want to add to his misery. I just couldn't bear it if I had been the cause if something bad had happened to him. I said I was going to tell later when I though the time was right, but I never got the chance. Hey enough of this they're announcing the numbers, you got the tickets."
"And the numbers for the multimillion dollar jackpot are: 90 40 11 06 12..."
Across town in a sort of good neighborhood lived Sango and Miroku. Sango was the manager at an apartment complex and Miroku was the head of maintenance. Sango and Miroku have been saving money to build a house of their own. They have about $5000 saved and that's not even enough to get some one to draw up the plans and duplicates and get it copy written much less a contractor to build it or even the land to build it on.
"Sango, I've got the tickets, but what's up with the numbers? And why did I have to put them in that order?"
Sango looked up from the bills on the kitchen table. "Well the numbers are the two digits of our SSN (social security numbers) and the ones of our friends. The reason I asked you to put them in a certain order was because they are the order of our age or month if we were the same age. Sesshoumaru - 90, Inuyasha - 40, you - 11, me - 06, Kagome - 12 and Rin - 32. We haven't seen them in a long time. I just had a dream about us all being together working as a team that's all." She looked at him with a look that said it was only a dream.
"Yeah we could have our own business. We each have a specialty. Sess and Yash can design houses and do the landscaping, Kagome and Rin can do the interior design and color, and you and I could do the plumbing and the electrical work. We all know about construction, so why can't we all work together and start our own business even if we don't win. We would be better off if we could talk to them and see what they think. What do you say?"
"Well if it would mean moving out of here then I'm all for it," Sango said. She had the wheel turning in her head; she could just see everything looking up for them.
"Well why don't we give them a call in the morning."
Just then the announcer came on and said that three group had won. She repeated the winning numbers and said that they were waiting for the winners to contact them and they had 24 hours or new numbers would be picked. Little did the group know that their dreams were some how about to become a reality.
OK, tell me what you think. Should I leave this a one shot or turn it into a story. It's up to you just r&r to let me know something.