InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Chance of a Lifetime ❯ The Arrival ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

disclaimer: dont own InuYasha sadly, nothing like beating a persons spirit (sigh)
 
I want to thank neon blue and Blue2229101 for your review, just because of those I will make sure I finish this story :)
 
Now to Ch. 3!!!
 
The Arrival
 
Sango walked off the plane and stretched. Her long brown ponytail slid over her shoulder as she picked up her bag off the floor. Quickly making her way to the baggage claim, Sango watched the madrid of luggage go around and around until finally her three duffle bags made an appearance. "Finally" she said softly as she pulled her bags off of the rotating belt. After searching for about 5 minutes, Sango found a roller to push her luggage on so she could get out of the busy airport. Hailing a cab, she watched the scenery go by as they made their way to the heart of NYC. She couldn't believe how much parts of New York looked like Chicago. After sitting in the cab for about an half hour, she noticed that they slowed and came to a stop. Stepping out of the cab Sango couldnt believe her eyes. There before her stood a tall 5 story building with beautiful columns on either of the double doors. She could see the massive windows that covered the top floor of the building when looking up. 'That must be where the studio is' she thought to herself as the cab driver placed her bags at her feet on the sidewalk. Quickly pulling out her wallet, she paid the man and thanked him for his help.
 
After trying numerous time to pick her bags up so that she wouldn't fall over, Sango managed to get them placed so she only slightly leaning to the right. Using her body to push the door open Sango once again couldn't believe how beautiful this building was. There was a cream colored marble that graced the floor and lovely mahogany furniature that made the lobby look inviting. Sango finally closed her mouth and walked slowly to the front desk where a woman with piercing red eyes and short black hair held up by what looked like a feather, waiting for her with an amused look on her face. "Um... is this The Shikon Dance Company?" Sango asked unsure if she was in the right building. The woman raised her eyebrow before answering her "Ofcourse it is, May I have your name please?" she said in a mono tone voice. "Oh, yes, it's Sango Miller from Chicago." she answered softly not liking the look the woman was giving her. "Right, you are on the Third floor, apartment C. Here are your door keys and your mailbox key." the woman stated so that no questions would be asked. As soon as Sango opened her mouth she was cut off "And no your roommate has not arrived yet." she said in a stern voice. "My name is Kagura Maxfield for future references. I am the Apartment manager for this portion of The Shikon Dance Company. And I would like no funny business in my apartments." Sango just nodded and made her way to the elevator.
 
Standing in the elevator Sango noted her wrinkled look from falling asleep on the plane. Her pale pink button down shirt was creased and her jeans had a black mark on them from trying to get her bags off the luggage claim. Her long brown hair that was in a neat ponytail now laid slightly lop sided with stray hairs escaping the tie. All she could do was sigh. When she stepped off the elevator she noticed how quiet the floor seemed. Anxious to see the apartment, she quickly made it to apartment C and unlocked the door without falling over. She couldn't believe what she saw as the door swung open. There was a plush cream colored carpet that covered the living room floor as she stepped inside. The couch was a suede sage green in color framed in mahogany wood. Straight across from is what a large mahogany fireplace with a flat screen tv above the mantel. "I can't believe this place" she said out loud to herself. She continued to walk around until she heard a knocking on the door. "Hello... Anyone here?"....
 
_________________________________________________________________ _____
 
Kagome sighed as she finally pulled up to the dance studios parking garage. Resting her head on the steering wheel, she closed her eyes for a minute to relax and be happy that she made it. She sat back up and rubbed her grey eyes gently to try and wake herself up. After grabbing her duffle bag, pillow and a box, Kagome decided to make her way towards the buildings entrance. Like Sango, Kagome noticed the columns that graced the enterance. She just couldn't believe that this was the place in which she was going to be living. It was done in rich colors and there were beautiful posters on the walls from productions the Shikon Dance Company had put on or produced. Kagome smiled as she watched a couple of girls step off the elevator with their hair up in perfect buns. After hearing a slight cough, she was brought out of her thoughts by a woman in her early 30's. Her red eyes scanned Kagome and quickly started to pull papers and keys from a drawer. As Kagome approached, the woman slammed the keys and schedule on the counter top and looked her dead in the eye. "Apartment 3C on the third floor. Here are your keys and times for your classes...." the woman who she soon found out was Kagura Maxfield droned on and on about these being her apartments. Kagome just stood there and slowly nodded her head agreeing until she was finally done.
 
With great difficulty Kagome grabbed ahold of her keys and papers and made her way to the elevator without losing any of her belongings. Leaning against the wall of the elevator she was able to the button for the 3rd floor and be on her way. Again just like Sango she noticed the mirrors and how exactly she looked. Her long black hair was still in the quick ponytail but was now wavy and tangled together. Her white shirt had a slight stain on it from when she stopped and got a coke and then proceeded to spill it on herself. She stared at herself and gave a little laugh as the elevator finally stopped on her floor. 'What a nice first impression I'll make' she thought to herself and she walked slowly to the apartment label C. After situating herself, she knocked on the door gently and yelled out "Hello...Anyone here?". Before she could pull her keys out the door flew open and then in front of her stood a slightly taller woman with long brown hair that fell past her shoulders. Her brown eyes sparkled with delight as she pulled Kagome into the apartment and shut the door. "I'm Sango" she said excitedly. "Sango Miller, and who might you be?". Kagome smiled and stuck her hand out for Sango to shake. "Kagome Higurashi, it's very nice to meet you Sango." Sango laughed and looked the petite girl over. She couldnt believe how long her black hair was even if it was in a ponytail, and those eyes, she had never seen greys eyes before she felt like her windows to the soul were wide open for all to see. She could tell she was going to like her roommate.
 
Kagome set her bags down and looked over the apartment. She couldnt get over the two large window seats on either side of the fireplace that Sango had failed to see in her excitement. She was in heaven when she stepped into the old fashioned kitchen with the new yet old looking appliances. The hardwood floors where staind and oak color to contrast with a golden colored walls. She couldnt believe how beautiful it was. Just was she was about to really look at the stove she felt a hand on her shoulder. Turning she saw Sango there with the excitement still burning in her eyes. "Do you want to go take a look at the rest of the place, I haven't seen our rooms yet?" she said with a smile. They quickly ran to the hallway and each stopped at the door with their name on it. "On the count of 3 we will open the door. okay?" Kagome said getting anxious. Sango just nodded and turned back to her door. "1......" the each took a deep breath. "2....." they put their hands on the door knob. "3!!!" They flung open the door and both gasped at the site they saw. Sango's room had a large mahogany bed, with matching night stands, covered in a deep pink color. Across the from the best was a painted mural or a stone window looking out into a rolling green hills and streams. She walked across the room and open another door which was her bathroom. The were candles set up on the sink and on beautiful standing candle frames around a clawed foot tub. The candles ranged from light pink to the dark pink matching the bedding and bath rug. She gave a little scream and threw herself on the bed laughing.
 
Kagome took two steps into her room and froze. There was a beautiful slate blue comforter on her bed that just like Sango's was made of mahogany with the matching nightstands. Running her hand lightly over the soft material, she let her eyes scan the room and saw the small dresser on the other side of the room and just beside it was a mural. Once again it was like looking out a stone window but instead of rolling green hills and streams, it was a beautiful forest with one huge tree in the center of them all. She stepped closer to the mural and saw that there was spot on the tree where it looked like there once was something pinned to it. Shaking her head, Kagome walked to the other door and found her bathroom. Her's was decorated in lovely pale greens and blues, from the candles to the rugs. She couldnt believe how well they knew what she liked. Walking back out of the bathroom she could hear laughter coming from the other room and went to check on Sango. When she arrived she saw her giggling on a large pink bed. Kagome couldnt help but laugh. "Can you believe this place?!" Sango said breathlessly. "You're telling me" was all Kagome could say before she was tackled. "This is going to be GREAT!" Sango yelled as she pulled Kagome to the living room to get to know each other.
 
I know the ending kind of fizzled but I was afraid of going to far and putting stuff in I am saving for the next chapter, I hope you like it and that the detail was enough to help you visualize. Thanks for reading and please REVIEW!!! But like I said before, I'm not demanding, just asking.
 
See ya,
 
InuYashaJunkie