InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Curse A Blessing A Destiny ❯ To Save A Soul ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
AN: Alright this is a complicated chapter and the basis for the story. If you don't get it then go to the bottom where theirs an explanation. Also the next chapter is when I'll acknowledge my few but loyal reviewers enjoy! I'll also put up the disclaimer again!Uhg I hate that thing!

Chapter 4: To Save a Soul?


While Kagome rested in one of the many gardens the meeting that Sesshomaru had called, commenced. Many old demons and humans alike were present along with several lords.

"A soul of purity?" the owl demon and hermit wondered aloud after Sesshomaru had explained his problem. "Within a human that is very nearly impossible. Humans are selfish by nature and cruel by their own idiocy."

"But it is possible?" Sesshomaru frowned. "The problem is that Kagome has never smelt, precisely human. She doesn't have that underlying scent that ALL humans have. Her scent is sweet and that of a lilly or a white rose. Similar scents but not. She smells of wilds and water and sky."

"You suspect that she was never human?" The Unicorn Lord demanded in shock. "She couldn't possibly have been a unicorn. Even I can see how wrong it is for her. She FEELS."

"I know, but what mortal creature could be pure and be able to love and feel as freely as she does?" Sesshomaru frowned and rubbed his forhead, "What creature is the soul of a unicorn, dragon, and pheonix together?"

"WHAT!?" The room roared.

"When Kagome was cursed she was expected to take the shape of either a Pheonix or Dragon, but Kagome has niether leading characteristics within those creatures. A Pheonix is a firey creature by nature. They are easy to anger, a trait very similiar to Kagome, but their anger lasts longer and is much more intense. Kagome fires up only to die down within a moment. A dragon, as we all know, has a temper. They become engulfed within their rage and hatred though they are strong and faithful. Kagome is strong and faithful and ever loyal, but though she gets angry she could never hate anyone. She even forgives those who have done this to her."

"Explain what this child is like," The oldest demon present demanded. Her long snowy hair cascading the length of her back to pool at her feet. She wore a simmple light putple kimono and had beautiful blue eyes. She had existed in peace with the world for more centuries then anyone could guess. She was indeed very old and wise but none were precisely sure of what demon she was.

"Kagome is an odd creature with or without the curse. When I first met her it was in search for my father's sword. She showed no fear towards me. She was even angry at my presence and that I would lower myself to trickery to get what I wanted. The only fear she showed was for that of my brother. It was as if she didn't care whether she lived or died. Even when I used my poison claws upon her. When she thought she had almost died it was as if it were but a small thing. Since then our meetings were much the same. She gathered people about her and slowly began to calm the rage within Inu Yasha's heart. She was like sunlight after a storm. She was beauty and life for the group in which she travels. I also discovered that she is from another time. Five hundred years into the future." Sesshomaru paused then and looked around at the demons before him. "She was a Miko and very powerful as I imagine you've heard. She is also the Reincarnation of Kikyo, the priestess of the Shikon, fifty years ago. She shows her emotions easily and the happiness of her friends is what makes her content and happy. Shippo, her adopted son, was among the first to join her and Inu Yasha."

"Where is this Shippo?" The old Owl demon asked curiously.

"Here," Shippo stated and hopped into the room and onto Sesshomaru's shoulder. "Want me to continue?"

"Yes please, but could you get off my shoulder?" Sesshomaru muttered.

Shippo did as he said and crawled onto the ancient demoness's lap.

"Kagome draws people with hurt souls to her. She heals them and gives them a place of warmth and friendship. She trusts openly. She had fallen in love with Inu Yasha by the time I came to the group, and I think a part of him had found love in her. As Sesshomaru stated she fears nothing for herself, well she does but not for herself. She worries that if she should die then what would happen to those she loves. So she doesn't purposely go looking for trouble though she won't stand down from it when it finds her. Inu Yasha told Miroku once that Kagome had had the Shikon no Tama inside her when she came to this time. When she had no idea that she was a Miko she was able to banish Mistress Centepede from her. Since then whenever I or any in our group, usually Inu Yasha, gets in trouble her powers increase and she helps them. She can purify miasma and can purify the Shikon Shards, even those so tainted that other demons fear to touch them. She is physically strong and her heart even stronger. Their was a time when Naraku tried to turn her but he didn't even come close to succeding. Kagome uses her feelings as a part of her. She accepts them for what they are. Naraku used a demoness to try and manipulate Kagome's body with a Shikon Shard. Even under that demoness's powers she managed to fight off the curse and purify the shard within her as well as the half the demoness carried without touching it. She turned the curse back on the demoness."

"We have all heard of her feets young man," The demoness who's lap he was using commented. "What of this child?"

"She isn't," Shippo stated.

"What?" The demoness blinked. Her Intense blue eyes looking at the kit her lap.

"She isn't a a child," Shippo stated. "She seems like it because she seems Naive, but she's not. When I look into Kagome's eyes its like looking into yours. Its like looking into the centuries that no one else even knew existed. Its like looking into the depths of the sky and realizing that there is more out there then we could possibly understand. Its like looking into the pool of time and knowing, just knowing."

Startled the demons looked at the young kit.

"Thank you young kitsune. That is all we will need for now, go play now." The demoness stated.

"Lady Sakura?" Sesshomaru looked at the ancient demoness.

"He mentioned the Shikon no Tama," Sakura murmured, "I heard rumors that it came from within the Lady Kagome."

"This is true," Sesshomaru stated, "She claims to have existed since the Jewel was created. The battle with Naraku awoke her memories, or the jewels. The Jewel itself has become her heart and lifes blood."

"The Shikon Jewel is the summoning of the four souls into a crystal. A balance of power niether good nor evil. Kagome's existence is pure." Sakura murmured. "The elements that created the jewel have existed since the beginning of time. Even before this land and this world were made. Those elements have existed outside of time and have never been a part of it until the Jewel was created."

"This is true," Ryo exclaimed startled, "This would explain Kagome's form and her eyes."

"The legend states that there will one day be a child of souls and light. It states that through her purity she has the power to create the world or destroy it. It also speaks of a curse that would be cast and would bind her from her true power." Sakura stated.

"Yes I know of that legend," The old Lord of the Northern Mountains exclaimed, "It states that she will be cast into a body not her own and her power will be lost to her."

"Her love?" Sesshomaru murmured as he looked about him. "Her love is her strength and power. Without it she's..."

"More importantly Sesshomaru, The legend states that the girl, though human in appearance, is no more so then the moon or sun." Sakura told him. "Kagome is not human. She is the elements of the jewel. She IS the BALANCE."

"But how?" The owl demon murmured.

All the demons and humans were are of what Sakura spoke, but none understood how such a thing could form a body.

"Its simple, the balance needed to maintain a balance within the world, to do so it needed to take on a form and return the jewel to its place. Kagome was created five hundred years after the jewel was taken to hell because that was when it would resurface. The Balance created her to retrieve the portions of the balance that were taken from it. The reason Kagome doesn't trully act as anything other then the jewel is because she is precisely like the jewel. Niether good nor evil just pure. Either in goodness or evil." Sakura explained.

"But how?" Another demon asked. "The balance is not a thing nor a being it just is."

"Your right, The balance does not 'think'. Its existence is what is maintained in the world." Sakura frowned, "The Shikon was four souls always connected and balanced made into a crystal and taken from the balance. The balance would want to have that back."

"What of Kagome?" Sesshomaru asked in a hollow voice.

"She would return to the balance." Sakura whispered, "She would be formless and mindless once again."

"I think that this has jus become more serious then simply trying to return Kagome to her human form." A human stated sourly, "This has formed into a plea of saving something that should never have been. A Feeling Balance, or a tool of the Balance."


AN: Alright little explanation. In some cultures there is a beliefe that everything exists within a perfect balance with eachother. This balance always exists and corrects itself accordingly. Like say Lions began over populating, they would die out from lack of food or disease or some such thing. They would die until the balance was maintained again. Understood? The Shikon jewel is the Jewel of Four Souls. Or elements. It is a crystalized form of this same balance that exists within the universe. The balance obviously isn't an entity or anything just something that exists. By The Four Souls being taken from it, it had lost its balance. So like the lions, though you can't kill a jewel so that's out, it made a tool to retrieve a part of itself. That is Kagome. If you noticed Sesshomaru wasn't precisely sure how Kagome smelt only that it wasn't human. Because she's a tool she would smell of everything and have no real smell of herself. The balance created her a way to bring the shikon back to istelf. Or to ensure itself.

So do you guys understand? If not you can E-mail me and I will try to explain better. This is actually why I had to rate it PG 13. There is no possible way for anyone younger to understand and I seriously doubt anyone under sixteen would understand. That was the age when I finally figured out what balance of the universe meant. Or at least got the jisof it!
AnimeHuntress181@NetZero.com