InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Damaged Soul ❯ Chapter 7

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own these series
 
A Damaged Soul
 
Chapter 7
 
 
His ears were elfin, his hair was thicker in volume and held a more silky texture. There was the family crescent moon on his forehead, but it was bleeding red. His eyes were golden and his cheeks were marked with purple jagged marks.
 
His brother had finally replaced his human side by revealing his true nature and becoming a full demon on his own.
 
Seshoumaru stared at his half brother. This was impossible. Yes, the legends had spoken of a powerful half demon who would arise by reverting to a full demon but that was a long time ago. Seshoumaru's eyes narrowed, Or was it?
 
Rage emitted from Inuyasha's thin frame as he got to his feet.
 
“Return this Inuyasha's mate!” he snarled.
 
Seshoumaru immediately understood that he had to make his brother see reason.
 
“The miko is trapped within her mind by Naraku. You cannot help her unless you calm down.”
 
Controlling himself with an obvious effort, Inuyasha stepped forward. A sudden movement caught his attention. He looked behind Seshoumaru and saw Shippou's distraught face. Before he could move, the baby demon jumped into his arms, sobbing uncontrollably.
 
“Bring Kagome back, Inuyasha! Make her all right again!”
 
From the mouths of children, `Make her all right again.'
 
If he had the power, he would certainly do so. Kagome's cries heightened and pain washed over Inuyasha. One arm around Shippou, he rushed to her side.
 
He cast an anxious look at Seshoumaru who put down the miko.
 
“You can help her.”
 
“How!?”
 
Seshoumaru looked at Inuyasha for a moment, “Bind her to you with your blood. It will link her mind to yours and will give us the time to take her to a priestess that I know of. Maybe she can help us. One way or another, the miko will be freed!”
 
Guided by instincts, Inuyasha took Kagome's arm, where the cuts were still bleeding. He bit his tongue and fastened his mouth to her hand. He kept it there for a while, mixing their blood. Then letting go, he put his mouth over her lips, forcing them open with his still bleeding tongue. He let the blood, soak into her mouth. Letting go, he looked at her, waiting for a reaction.
 
In a few seconds, she calmed down, her expression calmed and her thrashing stopped.
 
Then her forehead screwed up as she moaned in pain. Slowly her eyes opened, glazed over in pain.
 
“It hurts!”
 
Seshoumaru spoke up, “This Seshoumaru is aware of your pain, miko. However, you will have to bear with it until Inuyasha and I can take you to a priestess.”
 
Inuyasha?
 
Kagome's eyes flitted around, `Did he do this to me? Why did Seshoumaru let him near me?'
 
She caught a glimpse of his face and let out a cry of fear, “Stay away from me!”
 
She tried to back away, but the injuries wouldn't let her. She cowered in fear , raising a hand to her face, trying to block him from her sight as if it would make him disappear.
 
The demon Inuyasha cringed away, in pain. His eyes burned, as he crept away like a defeated dog, leaving Shippou behind to tend to his adopted mother.
 
In a soft but broken voice, her murmured, “It's okay Kagome. I'm away from you. I can't hurt you anymore. Look, I'm far away.”
 
Kagome opened her eyes, and saw that he was indeed away from her. She breathed in relief and let out a cry filled with pain.
 
Inuyasha's hand twitched in agony, but he remained where he was. Away from her.
 
Seshoumaru watched these proceedings and then leant down and picked up the miko. She relaxed against his chest feeling safe and protected.
 
“Jaken.”
 
“Yes, my lord.” The toad demon ventured cautiously.
 
“See to the miko's wounds.”
 
“Yes my lord.”
 
He hurried forward, removing a balm, wrapped in a leaf. The girl flinched, as he applied it to her, but held onto Seshoumaru as if for dear life.
 
Inuyasha watched as the ball of agony burned inside him. He wanted to go to her, to beg for forgiveness, to kiss her, to heal her, but he couldn't. He didn't have the right anymore. So he watched till she slipped into an uneasy sleep. Then he slipped away, not able to watch how she held on to his brother, so trustingly, the way she used to hold on to him.
 
“Inuyasha.”
 
He stood still, not responding.
 
“You saved her life.”
 
Now he chuckled bitterly, “Yeah, and a few weeks ago, I stood and watched it being taken from her without giving a shit.”
 
He started walking, “Se wouldn't want to see me in the morning when she wakes up. I'll be hanging back. I'll follow you when you get started.”
 
Seshoumaru nodded, knowing that Inuyasha could not see.
 
Inuyasha jumped into the nearest tree and ran off to inform his companions, while Seshoumaru stared into the face of the sleeping Kagome, wondering about her fate.
 
A.N: Okay, this is the moment all of you have been waiting for. I'm going to pair Kagome off. With who is a good question? A lot of my reviewers have been asking me, but I'll tell you what. I'll pair her off after one more chapter, so you can vote. Whoever holds the most popularity wins. Kagome and Seshoumaru or Inuyasha and Kagome?
 
I don't want to disappoint my readers so that's why I'm holding a vote. I don't know if this is against Mediaminer rules. If it is please inform me. But if it isn't, then the pairings up to you, you guys. And the voting begins. And don't worry, if Inuyasha wins, I've got a certain lady in mind for Seshoumaru.