InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Dark Past ❯ Promise Made ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: So, you still don't understand I don't own Inu an' co.? Then there must be something seriously wrong with you. Anyone want to know the “amazing” details of how Inuyasha actually belongs to Rumiko Takahashi than I implore you to e-mail me.
 
AN: Well, you may have noticed, this story's summary is changing every few minutes, Why? Because I write it, come back five minutes later, read over it, make a face, delete it, and then rewrite it. Seriously, I can't make a summary.
 
~reviewers~
YES! Inuyasha finally sticks it to the man... or a man... someone mannish. It's no punch to the throat, but a poke to the eye is good. Miroku was quite the hypochondriac in this chapter wasn't he? Someone should try to convince him that he's seriously ill, or rabid. And dumping water in Inuyasha's ears, is he trying to give him an ear infection? Seriously, he needs to be fired, or whatever they do to get rid of volunteers. Hee hee. Kagome came to take him to see Miss Sango. Makes it sound like he's going to see a prostitute, or a psychic. And what kind of a shitty game was that? I mean, games are supposed to be fun right? They usually have a payoff. This wasn't a game at all! "My brother loves to learn about youkai exterminating. . . actually, my whole family does." Why would she tell her part demon patient something like this? Is she high, does she have horrible bedside manner, or is she just really bad at her job? It's Dr. Saddy Dumpington "My family likes to learn how to kill you and your kind. Isn't that great?" Is Miroku trying to pass his duty onto Kagome? Maybe trade patients? Is he scared of Inuyasha now? Because if you think about it, it's his fault for not letting sleeping doggish people lie. So Inuyasha and his entire family are famous (actually I think that was mentioned already, I just decided to notice it now). So, did he just get tired of living up to them? Give up on doing whatever it was he used to do? Is that why they think he's depressed/crazy? If I keep guessing I'm bound to get it right eventually. But, (and I hate to keep harping on this) you'd think if they're famous (and I'm assuming rich) that they'd find a better place to stick him. I mean if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck. That's right, jokes about Hannibal Lector and ducks... wave of the future. If you're in a mental ward anyway. Doctors seem to hate that kind of thing. Take quacking personally...
Yeah, Miroku was a bit overactive. Isn't he evil to pour water in Inuyasha's poor, unsuspecting ears? That's what I thought, too, when I wrote about the tid-bit with Sango. The game? It's a game commonly -sadly commonly -_- -played when a Psychiatrist wants to know the feelings of you. I know, way back when my mother died, my grandmother sent to a child psychiatrist so I wouldn't get angry over mother's death. Kinda stupid, actually. I think Inuyasha was in his own little world when Sango said that. . . lucky him. Don't you wish Miroku was cool/stupid enough to do something like that? Who knows? He might be. Why don't you read and find out? And your idea is a little far-fetched and on the track at the same time. Too bad I won't tell you what's right. . . .
 
 
AGE:
InuYasha: 19
Kagome: 18
Kouga: 19
Naraku: 19
Miroku: 19
Sango:18
Keade:65
 
A Dark Past
-
 
-
 
Chapter Ten: Promise Made
 
-
 
-
 
Kagome didn't like the way this was going.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Miroku shifted his weight to his right foot uncomfortably. “Well, I have to go see someone. . . sick. . . in the hospital. . . on the other side of town.”
 
Kagome gave him a look. “What?”
 
“Yeah. . . my mother has. . . the bird flu.”
 
“Oh? Why exactly are you telling me this?” She glared suspiciously. “Is this some gentle way of telling me I've caught it, too?”
 
Miroku shook his head as he made a face. “No! How would I even get blood test results for something like that?”
 
She crossed her arms in reply. “For all I know, you could be a stalker - from what I've heard, you're a pervert.”
 
“Where did you - nevermind.” He shook his head to clear his thoughts, not even wanting to know where she could have picked up that tid bit of information. “Back on track. I know what I'm about to ask might be a bit tough on you, but I have to see my. . . mother. She's. . . in critical condition. She may die.”
 
“O. . . kay.” Kagome sounded unsure as to where this was going, why he was telling this to her, and how he expected her to do anything about it.
 
“So, I want to be there. If she. . . dies, I need to be there. Even though I have my own dirty karma, I want to be a good loving son to my. . . dying mother.”
 
Kagome eyed him before cautiously replying, “Go on. . .”
 
“So - and I hate to ask - but because you've already comfortable with him. . .”
 
Kagome's eyes widened as she realized what he was going to ask. “No!”
 
“Why not?”
 
“I have my own patient, you know! She needs loving care and concern, too. She needs to have me there to watch, guide, and help her. She relies on me!”
 
“Just a few days?” Miroku pleaded, “I really need to see her and I need someone to care for Inuyasha.”
 
“But. . .” Kagome rapidly thought of all the reasons why she should decline, but they all seemed like excuses and she started to feel a bit guilty. “I- I can't. I have someone else I need to help.”
 
“You'll barely have to do anything, though. All you need to do is give him his meals. He doesn't require any company.”
 
Kagome was about to reject when his words sunk in and she felt a flare of anger.
 
“You know what? With people like you taking care of him, I'm not surprised he's so anti-social. You treat him like a trophy! You dust it off every now and then, take care of it, make sure it doesn't brake or anything, but never admire or give it special attention. I'd be bitter, too, if my friends treated me like that!”
 
Miroku rushed to his defense. “Whoa! I didn't mean it that way. I do treat him properly. I meant, for a few days while I'm gone, I'm sure you can take care of him without much thought.”
 
Kagome didn't look convinced. “The reason why each patient is assigned a personal nurse is because they need- - -”
 
“Isn't it because there aren't that many patients - what forty-five or so? - and so, to save time and things, they have one nurse take care of one patient and rarely two? So then that one nurse kinda baby-sits the patient all day to keep them out of trouble?”
 
Kagome continued after hearing what he said like he never interrupted in the first place. “- - -special care and to feel loved. If a child or teenager grows up without feeling needed, they grow very anti-social and uncomfortable in public places or community get-togethers.”
 
“I knew that.”
 
Kagome sighed. “Whatever.”
 
Miroku paused before continuing the conversation. “So, you'll take care of Inuyasha?”
 
Kagome slapped her forehead in exasperation, “Fine. I give up. Yes. But this is the last time. Miss Kaede is already mad at him for what he and his friend did - even though it wasn't really anything bad - and if I continue this, I'll get him deeper into the hole that's been dug for a grave.”
 
Miroku beamed. “You'll do it? Great! I really owe you one.”
 
“Yeah, you do,” Kagome muttered sarcastically.
 
“What?” Miroku frowned.
 
“I said no problem. I guess I could also try to get him to come out of the shell he's put himself in, too.”
 
“Oh, okay,” Miroku replied, not really paying attention, his brow furrowed in some other thoughts. “Well, I'll be leaving in the morning, so I guess that gives you some time to tell. . . who are you talking care of, anyway?”
 
“Why should I tell you?” Kagome shot back.
 
“Whoa. I meant no offense. You merely talk so highly of her.”
 
“Uh-huh, I'm sure,” was her snappy reply.
 
“Well, I have to go now. And I think it's almost time to go and retrieve Inuyasha. Only ten more minutes of his session with Sango is left.”
 
“Wait!” Kagome called before Miroku was able to walk off in the opposite direction.
 
“Yeah?” He turned to face her but took a few more slow steps backward.
 
“How many days are we talkin' about here?” She sounded suspicious - and she had every right to be.
 
“Only four. I don't think this requires five, do you?” His face scrunched in thought.
 
What? Four!? Why four?! Why five!?”
 
“It's my mother!” he protested.
 
“Yes, your mother. But she's not dead yet!”
 
“So? She may be dying! I want to make it easier on her in her. . . last. . . few hours.”
 
Before Kagome could reply or complain some more, Miroku turned the corner and took off in the direction it led.
 
“He's highly annoying. I would poke him, too, if he took care of me. . .” Kagome mumbled before wheeling and walking to see her patient - she deserved to know what was going on, at least.
 
*
 
*
 
“Okay, we only have a few more minutes; we'll have one more round,” Sango said in distress. She'd been at it almost all session and she hadn't been able to get anything out of him other than what she already knew.
 
Inuyasha grunted.
 
“I. . . have a crush. It may be love.” Sango seemed desperate now.
 
“Nice.”
 
“You didn't take your turn,” she pointed out.
 
“Not in love.”
 
“Uh. . . it's my first crush.”
 
“Nice.”
 
“Inuyasha, the least you could do is grace me with some answers.”
 
“Okay.”
 
“Starting now. You could answer what I just asked.”
 
“You didn't ask anything.” He seemed cocky.
 
“Fine then, I'll ask it in question form: Did you- - -”
 
She was cut off by a knocking at the door.
 
“Uh. . . who is it?”
 
“Miroku, just thought I'd drop by to tell you that it's time for dear Inuyasha to come back,” Miroku's voice came, muffled by the door.
 
“Oh. . . okay, well, we'll continue this next time.”
 
“Shut up,” he muttered before yanking the door open so quickly, Miroku, who had been leaning on it, nearly fell.
 
“Hey, you could have caused me to break my leg! What would have happened if- - - ”
 
“Do you ever shut up?” Inuyasha snapped. “I'm tired, take me back now.”
 
“Getting demanding, aren't you?”
 
“Shut up! Or I'll run away!” To emphasize his point, he started to walk off to the left - too bad it was in the direction of the patient's ward.
 
“Oh, didn't know you were so into getting back into your room. . .”
 
Inuyasha totally ignored him and continued on.
 
Miroku sighed before taking the hint and following him.
 
*
 
“So, you're all ready for the Zs?”
 
“So, you're all ready to finally let me wail you into next year?” Inuyasha retorted.
 
“Well, no.”
 
“Then get the hell out of here before I really lose it.” Inuyasha ground out.
 
Miroku sighed before turning and unlocking the door. Right before he was totally out of sight however, he mumbled over his shoulder, “I'm going away for a few days.” He then left, not even taking the time to see if the hanyou heard.
 
*
 
Inuyasha sunk onto his soft bed. Fatigue overwhelmed him and he felt like he could go into hibernation for three months and wake up still tired.
 
He sighed before rolling over to look out the window like he always did. The moon seemed to calm him. In only a few days it would be dark. . . the new moon.
 
The night of the new moon. . . he never liked it. Not even as a kid - actually, especially as a kid. The full moon was better. Always better. . .
 
His thoughts slowly dispersed as he closed his eyes and melted into the darkness of sleep.
 
*
 
*
 
The first thing that he gained as he slowly regained consciousness was the ability to smell. A sweet scent filled the air and he was succumbed by it for a few seconds before he realized where he was and regained his senses.
 
Right away his eyes snapped open and he was in an upright position in half a second.
 
“What are you doing here in the middle of the night!?” he snapped to his intruder.
 
Kagome blinked. “Middle of the. . . night?”
 
“Don't play stupid!” he barked.
 
“It's nine-thirty - a.m.!”
 
“Still, what are you doing here?” he demanded.
 
“Didn't he tell you?” she asked skeptically.
 
“He? He who?”
 
“Miroku.” Kagome looked like she was suppressing a giggle at his confused face.
 
“Tell me what?”
 
“That he was leaving a few days.” Kagome gently informed him.
 
“He told me - what of it?”
 
Kagome paused to give him time to put two and two together before continuing, “So. . . it means, that I'll be taking care of you while he's away.”
 
“Oh, hell, no!”
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------
 
I know not much happened in this chapter, but oh well. There's more coming soon in the next chapter, anyway. So, did you like this one, though? I hope so. The more you review, the faster I update.
 
Well, Ja ne!!
 
~reviewers~
 
YES! Inuyasha finally sticks it to the man... or a man... someone mannish. It's no punch to the throat, but a poke to the eye is good. Miroku was quite the hypochondriac in this chapter wasn't he? Someone should try to convince him that he's seriously ill, or rabid. And dumping water in Inuyasha's ears, is he trying to give him an ear infection? Seriously, he needs to be fired, or whatever they do to get rid of volunteers. Hee hee. Kagome came to take him to see Miss Sango. Makes it sound like he's going to see a prostitute, or a psychic. And what kind of a shitty game was that? I mean, games are supposed to be fun right? They usually have a payoff. This wasn't a game at all! "My brother loves to learn about youkai exterminating. . . actually, my whole family does." Why would she tell her part demon patient something like this? Is she high, does she have horrible bedside manner, or is she just really bad at her job? It's Dr. Saddy Dumpington "My family likes to learn how to kill you and your kind. Isn't that great?" Is Miroku trying to pass his duty onto Kagome? Maybe trade patients? Is he scared of Inuyasha now? Because if you think about it, it's his fault for not letting sleeping doggish people lie. So Inuyasha and his entire family are famous (actually I think that was mentioned already, I just decided to notice it now). So, did he just get tired of living up to them? Give up on doing whatever it was he used to do? Is that why they think he's depressed/crazy? If I keep guessing I'm bound to get it right eventually. But, (and I hate to keep harping on this) you'd think if they're famous (and I'm assuming rich) that they'd find a better place to stick him. I mean if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck. That's right, jokes about Hannibal Lector and ducks... wave of the future. If you're in a mental ward anyway. Doctors seem to hate that kind of thing. Take quacking personally...
Yeah, Miroku was a bit overactive. Isn't he evil to pour water in Inuyasha's poor, unsuspecting ears? That's what I thought, too, when I wrote about the tid-bit with Sango. The game? It's a game commonly -sadly commonly -_- -played when a Psychiatrist wants to know the feelings of you. I know, way back when my mother died, my grandmother sent to a child psychiatrist so I wouldn't get angry over mother's death. Kinda stupid, actually. I think Inuyasha was in his own little world when Sango said that. . . lucky him. Don't you wish Miroku was cool/stupid enough to do something like that? Who knows? He might be. Why don't you read and find out? And your idea is a little far-fetched and on the track at the same time. Too bad I won't tell you what's right. . . .
 
y cant inu justsay he luvs kagome?!?!?!?!?!?! r u going 2 write about inus art classes, because i want 2 read about another masterpiece! hope u write soon(very soon)or things will start breaking! jk but do write more
He can't just say it. . . he has to fall in love first. But the relationship won't be too rushed, okay? Although, I'm itching as well to get into the really thick, juicy plot - where the love blossoms - as well. LoL! I love his art classes, too! I'll put at least one more in - maybe more. I'll update, I promise!