InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Day Without You ❯ The New Realm and the Introduction of Breeze ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha
Hello! This is supposed to be part of chapter 9, so the next chapter will still be chapter 10. I just put 9/10 so everyone won't get confused. I hope you'll forgive me for not updating! Oh, and please e-mail if you would like to be in the fanfiction! I'm always welcome to chat with anyone!

Chapter 9/10: A New Realm.

Sango went into the small shrine and sat at the designated area. Mokun sat across from her with a sigh. He turned his head and looked at her, ready to listen to her story, no matter how long it took. “So,” Mokun started, “What has brought you to my temple?” Sango was looking around at the space still trying, without success, to remember this place. She turned her thoughtful eyes upon Mokun and also sighed. “Well, I've been having strange temptations to damage stuff.” She said, then looked down at the floor, as if embarrassed. Mokun looked at her with the thought about the boyfriend still running through his mind. “Do you know what has been causing these temptations?” He asked, but threw in another statement when he got a `if I knew that, do you think I'd be here' look. “Ah, like have you seen something that makes you angry or someone that you can't stand?” Sango retracted her glare to think about the image that she sees right before she has the temptation. “I see a monk.” She said, then continued. “He looks a lot like you. I see him in my mind, but I can't figure out where I've seen him before. I know he is a monk because right as I swing my weapon,” She points to the boomerang bone that is up against the wall “I yell `You perverted monk' right before I destroy something.” She said, then looked up as if remembering something “Oh, and I also feel as if my heart had been ripped out by a demon when I think about it.” Sango sighed and smiled to hide the pain from showing. “Do you know what this could mean?” Mokun looked down as he listened to her story. When she talked about how her heart felt ripped out when she thought about it, he knew she loved this man. He looked up at her smiling face and knew she hurt deep inside. Then he remembered, this man looked like him, so maybe it was him, maybe she had lost her memory. He smiled. “I think your suffering from a spell that was cast to make you lose your memory.” Mokun started. Sango looked up at him hopefully. “Can you fix it?” She asked. As she looked up at him with her innocent face, Sango couldn't help but laugh inside. “This would make anyone help me…” Mokun looked at her and hesitated. “Yes. There is a way to cure it, but…” Mokun trailed off and Sangos look of innocence immediately changed to suspicion. “But what?” She asked, a little colder then normal. Mokun gulped and looked at Kirara and then the weapon at the wall. “It will require you to stay about a week…” Mokun breathed out. Sango sighed with relief. “Oh, that's ok. I can stay as long as it will need to work.” Sango smiled. “At least it has nothing perverted involved…” She thought to herself as she stood up and walked over to Kirara, who was waiting by the door, and said a few things to her. The demon cat seemed to nod, almost as if she could understand what Sango was telling her, and trotted outside. She returned to her larger form and flew off toward the village. Sango came back inside and looked down at Mokun, who was still sitting on the floor, and said in a kind, almost forced, way. “Where will I be staying for the next week or so?” Mokun got up and started walking toward the stairs of the temple. “If you would please follow me…” He said as he ascended the stairs leading to the upper rooms. Sango walked behind him, taking in all of her surroundings, as she was lead to her room. Mokun stopped briefly in front of a room near the stairs. “This is my room, in case you need anything.” Mokun said momentarily as he started walking again. He then stopped about two rooms down and opened the door, which was painted a deep brown. Almost as brown as the wood work, but was not as woody. (Like the cut wood has lines and swirls around and in it? It doesn't have that.) Sango stepped past the monk, almost expecting him to reach for her. She thought about it as she examined her quarters. “Alright, this will do.” She finally said as she turned back toward him. “What will I do to earn my keep?” Mokun looked at her. Stunned. “What do I say?” “Well,” he started. “Um, no one has ever asked that before. Uh, I guess you could take care of the…uh…” Mokun hesitated and looked around. He spotted a pile of wood he had been meaning to chop for some time, but shook of the idea. Sango looked at where his gaze had fallen and smiled. “Sure!” She said as Mokun was about to suggest she do the cooking. “I'll take care of the wood as soon as Kirara comes back.” Sango sighed happily and sat on the bed. “For a second there I thought you where going to make me do the cooking!” She said relived and Mokun gulped and smiled. “Well, I'm glad you found something you'll enjoy…” He said hesitantly. Sango looked at him, then smiled, “Yes! It will help me too keep my strength up and also help me improve my training!” She said and walked over to examine her room more carefully. Mokun laughed nervously and left with the excuse of meditation. “Wow” he thought, “She is great! If I was the one in her memory, I must have been pretty drunk not to remember her!”

Kagome got out of bed, very confused. She walked over to the bathroom zombie-like. She was still thinking about the dream she had had. By the time she finished in the bathroom, she had convinced her self it was only a dream and that she wouldn't remember half the details by the end of the day. She went to her closet and pulled out a navy blue top, short-sleeved and long enough to cover her belly, and a pair of black pants, slightly tight, but not that tight. She got out of her pj's and put on the outfit she picked out. As she walked to get breakfast, her family stared at her as she came over and sat at her place at the table. She knew they where watching her from the time she came into the room. She had hoped that they would stop, but she sighed and looked up. “What? Why are you all staring at me?” She asked, getting a little irritated at the constant silence. Souta closed his eyes in an `I'm beat' way and asked “Why where you screaming all night long?” Kagome looked at him, “What?” She asked as the news reached her ears. “Did you have a bad dream, sweetie?” Her mother asked as she finally went to set the table. Kagome thought about the strange dream she had. “That wasn't a bad dream, so why was I screaming?” Kagome thought to herself, but said “I don't think so, what was I saying?” She asked to anyone who cared to answer it. Her grandfather snorted. “You kept saying stuff like `Inuyasha! Don't leave me Inuyasha!' and stuff like that. I'm surprised. You know that Inuyasha was a half-breed demon that it mentioned in the scroll of demons in the storehouse.” He said, and then dived into his food like a two-year-old. Her mother put a plate in front of Souta, who in turn forgot about the incident and also dived into his food. She came over to Kagome and as she put the plate in front of her, whispered, “You can talk to me about anything.” Kagome looked at her mom as she smiled and went to get her own food. Kagome finished her food almost after her mother did and went into the living room, where she knew her mother would be knitting. “Hey mom,” Kagome started and sat down on the couch next to her mother. “Yes?” She answered, putting down her sweater she was making for Souta. “I had a weird dream last night, and I can't seem to forget it.” She said as she started explaining the dream. When she was done, her mother looked thoughtful. “Well,” Her mother started. “I believe it was either a vision of the past of future.” Kagome sighed. “But mom, remember, the me in my dream knew you guys and everything!” She protested. “Well, then you could have been brainwashed and your remembering bits and pieces through dreams… or it could be that all this is a dream and you just think it's real.” She smiled. Kagome laughed. “I don't know about the dream-reality thing, but thanks!” Kagome said and skipped up into her room to finish her homework.

Shippo watched Kagome open her eyes, and then scream Inuyashas name. He saw her look at him and smile. She said something about dreaming, but he didn't get the last part. By the time he had gathered enough energy to hit the cocoon again; she had fallen back into un-conciseness. Shippo sighed again and turned to Kirara. “Did you catch what she said?” He asked the demon cat. Kirara looked at him a minuet, and then nodded her head. Shippo looked up hopefully, “What did she say?!” Kirara made a few strange `meow' sounds and Shippo's eyes opened a little wider. “So when they sleep in the dream world, they become conscious in this world?!” He said happily and smiled when the small cat nodded. “Ok! Now let's go look for other's who are sleeping.” Shippo said and bounded over to Mirokus cocoon.

Inuyasha walked through the forest, grumbling, as he held his injured hand. He knew he was walking away from the village, but he needed lots of time to think. He passed the old well and stopped to look at it. As he looked at the well, he began seeing strange colors. He tried pulling his gaze away, but he couldn't. His eyes where glued to the well. As he watched, he was transported into another dimension. One with all different colors surrounding him. He looked around. “What the hell?” He started. He stopped his cursing when he saw a wolf with black fur with specks of red, silver, gray, white, and brown. She walked toward him with a gentle grace in her stride. As she stopped in front of him, he noticed that she had silver eyes that bore into you, but could also be very soft when she wanted them to be. “Inuyasha” She said as she addressed him and waited for his answer. Inuyasha looked at the magnificent wolf that now stood before him with a suspicious stare. “What do you want?” He asked, gruffly, to show his authority, but friendly, like he wouldn't hurt the wolf unless necessary. She smiled and continued. “My name is Breeze and I am going to be assisting you on your journey of remembrance.” She said simply and closed her eyes and started to mumble something in another language. “What the…” Inuyasha started but was interrupted as a breeze came through the dimension and he saw a flash of light, then, as his vision cleared, he saw the girl, and himself, sitting by a fire…
~FLASHBACK~ (came from movie two, will say some spoilers.)
“Inuyasha,” The girl was saying, “I like you just the way you are…” She said and looked up at the stars. Inuyasha was looking to the side as she talked, not acknowledging that he heard her, but he did. She finally got fed up with it and pulled his hair to get him to look at her. When he did, she gasped and let go of his hair. He had a loving gaze in his eyes and she couldn't explain it. So she just stuttered.
There was a flash of light and Inuyasha saw another image. This one was of her kissing him, and him kissing back. As Inuyasha watched, in fascination and confusion, he realized he had never kissed Kikyo that passionately. As he stared, he heard himself start talking. “I'll stay a hanyou a little longer, for you Kagome.”
~END FLASHBACK~
Inuyasha blinked as he heard the name. As he did so, he was brought back to the realm of Breeze. He looked at her, not really seeing her. In his mind, he kept replaying her name. He saw her happy and angry. The only other memories he had of her. “Kagome…” he whispered the name. As he said it, he felt a sensation run through him. He looked at Breeze, waiting for an explanation. She smiled “Inuyasha,” she started, “You do not love Kikyo.” Inuyasha gasped, as if the news was surprising. He had come out on this walk telling himself that he loved her, now this wolf was telling him he didn't? “Why?” was the only question that he could think of. “Because, you love her reincarnation, Kagome.” Breeze replied simply. “She did not want you to become a demon, nor did she want you to become human. She knew you would out-live her by many years, but she loves you the way you are.” Breeze said, smiling. Inuyasha looked at her with a dumb/shocked expression on his face. As he stood there, Breeze slowly backed up and the dimension and her disappeared, leaving a shocked Inuyasha staring at the well. `What…what is this feeling? It's almost like what I feel for Kikyo, but…but greater!' Inuyasha asked himself. As he was doing this, he automatically went over to a tree to jump into, but when he jumped upward, all he got was about a foot between him and the ground. He was still in shock as he climbed up the trunk to sit on one of the branches.