InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A deal with a demon ❯ Chapter 26

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Inuyasha woke up in a fumbled state. He was in a strange bed, the mattress lumpy and uncomfortable, yet oddly warm. The smells were over whelming, he felt light headed from the toxicity of it. Where the Hell was he? As he blinked open his amber eyes, a shooting pain went through his head.

Fuck was he hung over.

He tried to prop himself up on his elbow when the mattress suddenly moaned. Looking down, he realized that he was surrounded by a group of women, and what he mistook for a lumpy bed, had in fact been the flesh and bones of last nights pleasures.

How did this even happen?

He had gone out, almost as a last resort. It had been long- too long since he had fucked. And all the time he was spending with Kagome was driving him to the brink of insanity. The more he was around her, the more irresistible she became.

In more ways than one.

At first it had just been the physical attraction to her, but now, he was growing comfortable. He liked to be around her, her company, hell, he just liked occupying the same space- he-

That's exactly why he had to get the fuck out. He didn't deal with that kind of bullshit.

The easiest way to get woman fast was to head to the bars or clubs. Women dressed provocatively, looking for one thing, regardless if they were single or not- it was the best. No one in those types of places was looking for a relationship, they wanted a good time. And fuck, was he ready for a good time.

Where had he ended up going?

Judging by the way his head was hurting, he guessed the club.

He really hated it there. The loud music hurt his ears. The mesh of smells, body sweat, lust, natural aromas… they could be a really alluring combination one on one, but when they combined with a hundred other peoples… it smelled like fucking shit.

And to top it off, he didn't like to fucking dance. He had the agility to do so, he had the muscle and body to give everyone an eye full. But it wasn't something he enjoyed doing. Usually he didn't even make it onto the floor. Women flocked to him the minute he came through the doors.

Damn, there had to be at least 4 of them here.

He pushed aside random arms and legs, rolling one girl to her side. He had to get out of the damn pile of fucking women.

The hanyou hunted for his clothes, discarded in random places, mingled with the lacy delicate of his bed mates. Taking a look out the window, he noticed that it wasn't morning- fuck it was late afternoon.

Inuyasha reached into his pants pocket for his phone.

Damn. Had he really slept until 3 p.m.?

When was the last time he did that?

Ever since Kagome came crashing into his life, he had been getting up at a normal time. He had to be “considerate” of her, sleeping in the living room, having to go to school. Being productive.

But now that they were in the house…

He liked to get up early.

She still made breakfast, she still saved him left overs.

She was always on the run, and he… he liked to spend that time with her.

Not that he could fucking admit that.

Not that he could even think it to himself without wanting to put his fist through a wall. He was a man who didn't make friends. He kept his circle small. Tight. And he liked it that way. To admit that he actually wanted to be around someone- the one person who was forced on him- It made his blood boil.

And it made his demon rumble.

That damn side of him. Ever since he set eyes on that wench it had been out of control. Raging against him about mates and claims and-

Fuck.

That's why he went out last night.

It was his demon. And it was all because-

His phone rang again.

Kagomes name appeared on the screen. Inuyasha debated whether or not to answer.

Just then a pair of thin arms wrapped around his neck from behind.

“Who is calling you?” She purred against him, trying her best to be seductive.

“Feh. Like it's any of your damn business.” He spit.

“So rude for someone who stayed the night. And after everything we did…” She made a tsking noise, reprimanding him as if he were a child.

The hanyou had to hold back a snarl.

“I didn't hear you complaining.”

“Who said I was?” She said with a smirk.

“I-“

Again. The phone was ringing again. What did the wench want?

Was… was something wrong?

Could she be in trouble?

Could he be in trouble?

“Someone really wants your attention.” The woman said.

As Inuyasha turned to look at her, she reached over and snatched the phone from his hands.

Had he been in the right state, had he not been so hung over he felt sluggish and drugged, he could have easily averted her movements.

But of course, that wasn't the case.

That wasn't his fucking luck.

She put the phone against she ear as she answered.

“Hel-“ The woman didn't even have a chance to start.

“INUYASHA.” The angry voice came from the other end. “Where the heck are you?! Ive been trying to get a hold of you all freaking day!” She screamed. For a moment, the hanyou was glad the phone ws away from him. Her voice pierced through him like a dagger, making his ears flatten to his head. “Do you know what time it is? You better not blow this off, dog boy! You promised me.”

Promised?

What had he promised?

“Ah, and who may I ask is calling, so rudely?” The woman tried to say sweetly.

“Of course. Of course! How silly of me to think I could depend on him to keep his word. You have got to be kidding me.” Kagome said to more to herself, rather than to the woman on the other end. “Listen, you tell dog boy that I'll handle everything myself, and not to bother freaking coming home!”

And just like that, the line went dead.

What the hell was she talking about? Promised? Handle what herself? What could they possibly have planned together?

She wouldn't be this upset about a random lunch date or a hang out. It was something bigger. Definitely bigger. What was going on that-

The dinner party.

The motherfucking dinner party.

“Tell me today isn't the 23rd.” Inuyasha moaned, covering his face with his hands.

“Well, I could, but I'd be lying.” She chided. “Say, who was that on the phone? She sure sounded worked up. Girlfriend?” She asked jokingly.

“Wife.” He answered, his voice raw and sober. “Fuck.” He let out a deep breath. “Ive gotta go.” He mumbled.

She tried to follow him to the door. The rich, handsome hanyou. Marked with power from the tips of his claws down to the base of his ears. A demon. She had finally found herself something to chase.

And he was married? Weren't demons supposedly loyal to their partners…. Loyal to a fault?

Maybe there was room to work her way in after all.

~.~

Inuyasha left his car. He didn't have the time to wait in traffic. He was much faster on his feet.

He ran through the streets, using his demon speed in a way that he had not in years. It felt good, like he was finally using his body to its full extent.

He just hoped Kagome didn't attack him when he got home.

How could he be so freaking careless?

He knew that the house warming party was today.

He had even made a plan to stay home the night before, just to be on the safe side.

He didn't want to let her down.

But that damn wench- He had left because she… because…

Because she had been so damn happy.

She was going on and on about Shippo. She was always talking about that asshole. Every time she mentioned him her face lit up. She had a glow. And as much as he asked about him, the more she gushed! And none of it made any damn sense. She openly confessed she loved him. Again.

And it made him seethe.

All he knew was that she worked for him. So what kind of person was this Shippo? He knew he was a demon… a fox demon at that. He could pick that up from the damn stench she came back with when ever she visited him.

And why the hell couldn't she give up that job? She had let go of all the others. When Inuyasha had asked, she said she couldn't imagine not being with Shippo… that she loved him too much…

So when she said Shippo was going to come to the dinner party…

He got defensive.

She was bringing a man into their house, for a party with their family?

And after that long talk they had had… about pretending to play the happy couple…

Fuck, they had even rehearsed!

Maybe the part that made him so furious was… he had liked it.

They spent more time together. Asked simple get to know you questions. Things they should have done long ago.

Who knew her favorite color was green? Or that she liked funny movies the best, or that if she wasn't going to be a doctor, she would want to be a teacher? That her biggest regret was not taking more time for herself as a teenager.

The more he found out, the more he liked.

He even got to…

He even got to hold her. Touch her hand. Embrace her.

Fuck, he had almost gotten to taste her.

That was the worst part.

He was being driven to the brink of insanity.

It had been her idea. She knew that the guests would expect it, and she was nervous that if they didn't practice, it would come off as awkward and unnatural.

But it didn't. When she was grabbed his hand… when he put his arms around her, drawing her body closer… it felt natural. It felt like the next logical step would be to get closer. Move in for the kill.

Move in for the kiss.

He wanted to taste her, crush her plump lips against his. Make her forget every other pair that had come before him.

It was more than just wanting to fuck her. He found himself wanting the tenderness that came along with it.

Sure, there was a part of his anatomy that really, really wanted to know what she felt like… to bury himself inside her…

But more than that, he wanted the extras that came along with it. The things he didn't even know he cared for.

And he would have had it.

He would have fucking started!

If it wasn't for that damn Shippo interrupting the moment.

Calling to tell her that he could make the party after all.

She had been so happy, so fucking thrilled to hear that…

He couldn't take it.

He was fucking jealous.

And he couldn't handle it.

After hearing her go on and on about that asshole… he just had to leave.

And that's how he wound up in the situation he was in. Typical of him, to screw up. It seemed like all he did with Kagome was stick his damn foot in his mouth.

The half demon had finally reached his house. He could practically feel the anger radiating off of it, sending him `don't come near here, fear for your life' vibes.

But Inuyasha was a man. It as his house too, right? His family was going to be there… He had to show up. And really, it was her damn fault..

And after all, she was inviting Shippo!

He just had to keep telling himself that. Maybe if he said it enough, he could convince himself.

The demon inside of him was raging. It always did when he was away from her, with other women. It hissed about betrayal and loyalty, while that human heart of his felt anxious and panicked. Had he ever felt so on edge?

Leave it to the wench to make him experience this wide range of emotions.

No.. this… this was his fault. Entirely his fault.

If he could have only been more honest with himself… that maybe… just maybe he liked Kagome… none of this would have happened.

How on Earth could he come to terms with that though?

And what good would it do? She frequently joked about his sex life… and how it repulsed her…

She wouldn't let him touch her with a ten foot pole.

Inuyasha shook his head clear of his thoughts. They were weighing him down. He had made it home.

First thing was first.

He had find a way to face his angry wife.

A/N: I just wanted to thank everyone for their reviews!! It absolutely makes myy day when I get them! I love the positive feed back! It encourages me to write more!