InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Father's Gift ❯ Ch. 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

<i>Celeste Tsuki-koi</i> here again. I hope you like this story. I have now become obsessed with Inuyasha!!!! First I saw a picture of him a really long time ago that got me interested and I finally started to read a little bit about him. But it wasn't until I actually saw the anime on cartoon network that ultimately got me hooked. Now I have become obsessed. I LOVE Inuyasha. Anyway I hope you enjoy this fanfic. After reading all the other IY fics out there, I was inspired to write my own. This has all the IY style and everything, but I will be adapting a few things from other animes and inserting them into this fic. But PLEASE don't worry. I am not adding characters or changing the outline of the IY world. You will just have to read and find out!!

Things to know:

`'= thinking

""= speaking outloud

{}= authors notes

Disclaimer: *sigh* I really HATE saying this, but Inuyasha is not mine, he and the anime belongs to Rumiko Takahashi. But I can have him in my dreams so there! LOL.

Anyway ON WITH THE FIC!!!!!!!!!!

****************************************************************

Kagome sighed as she walked up the steps to her family's shrine after school. She just finished all the tests she had to take and was ready to go back to the past. She prayed that she passed her math test. When she got to the to steps, she walked into her house and said a quick `hi' to her mom and grandfather and walked up the steps to her room. She set her stuff down and got all the things she would be bringing with her and put them in her huge backpack. {I've seen it and man that thing is HUGE!!!} She made sure she had enough room for some ramen.

Kagome giggled at the thought. `I don't know what Inuyasha would do if he didn't have any ramen to eat.' And giggled some more.

She grabbed her bag and lugged it downstairs and set it down in front of the door. She sighed when she finally set it down.

"Man that thing it getting heavy," she said to herself as she walked into the kitchen where her mother was sitting with her grandfather drinking tea. Her mother smiled at her as she walked in.

"Hello Kagome dear. Going back to the Sengoku Jidai again?"

Kagome smiled back and said, "Yep. I came in her to tell you bye and to get some instant ramen if you have any to spare."

Her mother got up and went one of the cupboards and opened it. It was filled to the top with nothing but instant ramen in all kind of flavors. Kagome's jaw dropped at the sight and her mother just laughed.

"I thought since you take some every time you left and how since you said your little friend with the ears loved them so much, I would keep them in stock for you whenever you need them," she explained as she saw her daughter's shocked expression.

Kagome shook herself and gave her mother a huge smile and hugged her saying, "Mom, you're the best. I don't know what I'd do without you."

Her mother just waved her off saying, "I just want to make sure you and your friends are eating properly."

Kagome took a couple of each flavor and put them in her bag. She walked back into the kitchen to say good bye to her family.

"Well I guess I better be off before Inuyasha comes and drags me back. Bye mom, bye granpa. I love you," she said as she turned to leave but her mother stopped her.

"Oh wait. Before you go I have something for you," and her mother walked out of the kitchen and Kagome followed.

They went up the stairs to her mother's room. When they got their Mrs. Higurashi told Kagome to sit on the bed as she started looking for something in her closet. Kagome sat down and watched her mother searching, wondering what her mother was going to give her. After about five minutes her mother started muttering to herself.

"Now I know I put it in here somewhere. I just saw it the other day. Where could it-Ah HA," her mother said triumphantly as she pulled a small parcel out from the top shelf and turned to her daughter smiling. "I knew it was in there somewhere."

Kagome looked at the small parcel in her mother's hands. It was a little bit bigger than the size of your open palm and she could tell that there was a letter of some kind wrapped in it. It was wrapped in a pretty blue paper with silver stars and moons on it and was tied with a whit ribbon, although it looked somewhat worn like it was a couple years old. Kagome looked at her mother curiously as she sat beside her on the bed and faced her.

"What is it mom?"

Mrs. Higurashi smiled a somewhat sad smile and handed her the gift. "It was a gift from you father Kagome dear." Kagome gasped softly and looked at the gift closely. Her mother continued. "Before your father past away he gave this to me to give to you on your fifteenth birthday. After all the excitement that happened that day and since then, I completely forgot about it until I found it the other day. I'm sorry I didn't give it to you sooner dear."

Kagome looked back to her mother and gave her a small sad smile and hugged her mother lovingly.

"Don't worry about it mom. It's okay. I just can't believe he gave this to you to give to me on my fifteenth birthday. I mean why that specific birthday," she asked her mom as they pulled away from the hug.

Her mother shrugged her shoulders saying, "I have no idea Kagome, I just know her wanted you to have it then. It's a little late but here it is. You don't have to open it right now if you don't want to. Besides your friend Inuyasha will most likely be coming to get any minute now for the delay, so you better go."

Kagome just stood up quickly and gave her mom a quick hug and said, "I totally forgot about Inuyasha. He'll be having a fit! I gotta go. I love you mom," she said as she rushed out of the bedroom.

"Keep safe and have fun," her mother said happily as Kagome rushed out the room.

"I will," Kagome hollered as she quickly went down the stairs.

tbc…………

**************************************************************** ***

Well, how did you like it so far? I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did writing it. Pleas review and tell me what you think. Things will be taking and interesting turn in the next chapter, so be prepared!!! Until then, review or e-mail me at Celeste_TsukiKoi@hotmail.com or rana_suule@yahoo.com if you have any questions and I will reply to all e-mails sent to me, though it might take some time. I never know when I can get on the internet.

Ja ne for now.

P.S. I also have some other fics on www.fanfiction.net if you are interested in reading some of my other fics. But I soon hope to be putting some of them on this site too!!

TTFN