InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Feudal Fairytale: The Begining ❯ Wake up, Lord Sesshoumaru! ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

*Rin's point of view*
Pacing. Pacing and staring at my feet. I've been doing that a lot lately. It's not like I had anything better to do. I didn't want to visit Lord Sesshoumaru. I was just too afraid to see him. What if he woke up?! He could be mad at me for taking him to Edo. It's not exactly a good thing to be on Sesshoumaru-Sama's bad side. In fact, it's just a downright bad thing.
Oh, crap. Jaken, you better get Tensaiga.....Again....
I looked up, just in time to see the mat at the entrance to one of the huts stir. A small green thing came out. Speak of the cricket, here he comes! Maybe I'll yell at him for a while, I do need to vent.
"It's entirely my fault! If I hadn't told him he could beat InuYasha, we wouldn't be in this mess!" I exclaimed to Jaken, who was just walking out of a hut in the village. He looked at me, face so full of sorrow. Then the strangest thing happened; he laughed! That no good, dirty, rotten, stupid, inconsiderate, frog-headed, cricket based, moron! How could he laugh when Lord Sesshoumaru was hurt so badly? Then Jaken stopped his laughing fit long enough take a deep breath and try to explain how, "Lord Sesshoumaru could not possibly be killed by such a minor injury. Blah, blah, blah."
Eventually I got fed up and screamed, "Alright already! I get it! But it's still my fault!"
He stared, at me, as though I had said something completely random and off subject. Then he finally found his voice. "Yes, in that you are right." He said simply. He then walked into the forest, presumably back to Lord Sesshoumaru's castle. "Yeah, thanks! That was a BIG help!" I screamed after him. He just said "Anytime!" over his shoulder. "Baka…" I muttered under my breath. I then decided to go and sit under a tree to get my priorities strait. Not that it mattered; I just needed to blow off some steam.
I sat down and closed my eyes. I must have fallen asleep, because when I opened them again it was almost dark outside. Wondering what to do I looked up at the changing sky. Eventually I decided to visit Lord Sesshoumaru. Even if he could be mad at me. As I stepped into the hut I looked around. No one was around save for Lord Sesshoumaru, who was laying on a raised platform, still unconscious. I just sat down by him, hoping he would wake up, even if it meant punishment. I was snapped out of what I was doing, which was staring out of a window, watching the sunrise, when I felt something nudge the hand I had set on Lord Sesshoumaru's. I looked down and I saw Lord Sesshoumaru's hand twitch a little bit. He was waking up!
*3rd person, based mostly on Sesshoumaru *
"Lord Sesshoumaru!" Said a voice, "Sesshoumaru-sama, can you hear me?" it asked, "Sesshoumaru-sama, Sesshoumaru-sama please answer me!" Said the voice. He thought he knew it, but he wasn't sure, so he forced a word from his lips, "R-Rin?" he asked, voice just barley over a whisper. "Yes, Lord Sesshoumaru! It is Rin! Are you OK?"
His body quivered violently, and he answered weakly, "No Rin, I am not feeling very well, but hopefully I will be better soon." He heard a sigh, and knew she was relieved, but why? It was not as if she cared about him.
He growled as he opened his eyes. Since when does it hurt to do that? "Rin, what happened?" he asked, wincing at the pain even this small movement made, "You do not remember? You were in a fight with Inuyasha, when you were hit by that wolf man, Koga, and you started bleeding and passed out." He let his eyes drop shut, embarrassed to have been brought down by a mere wolf. After a moment or two, he felt a vibration from the ground and he thought he heard the word "SIT!", then a large amount of cursing, then Rin continued, "Then I asked Kagome to help me take you to Lady Kaede's hut, and then they bandaged you up, after a while your fever broke, and just now you woke up."
Then another voice piped up, "And you won't be leaving for a while, Sesshoumaru, not with your injuries. Even by youkai standards, your hurt very badly, I don't see how you can even stand up for the next month or so." Regardless of Kaede's warning(for of coure it was she,), as of course it was her, Sesshoumaru sat up, face contorting in pain as he did so, "Rin, why did you ask these mortals for help? Surely Ah-Uhn could have taken me home, yet here I am with an old hag and a village of humans," Then a new voice joined the conversation, "Not so high and mighty now, eh Sesshoumaru?" At this new voice, his eyes flew open to reveal someone he had seen what had seemed minutes ago to him. Someone he hated very much.